What should our views be on LGBT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Ugly

You've hit the nail on the head. If someone discloses to you that they are sexually deviant, all you have to do is tell them that it is a sin in God's eyes, and they need to repent (turn from their sins and idols), and turn to Christ for forgiveness and salvation. All can be saved if all will repent.
Yeeeeah... because 'you're a sinner and going to hell if you don't change' ALWAYS works. That never turns people away... Protested any military funerals lately?

Apr 29, 2012
I'm not putting myself above anyone or judging them, I'm simply asking why are Christians accepting that its apart of normal life. I will be the first to admit my shortcoming, only thing is I do not fly a flag and march for rights to do it. I am not perfect, that's why I need Christ like we all do.You want proof of judgment on nations? Look what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah, the main sin was homosexuality.
The list of reasons for Sodom's judgement is given in Ezekiel 16:49&50. Pride tops the list along with gluttony, sloth, arrogance, selfishness . Homosexuality is not mentioned specifically but "something" labeled abomination is. I understand that abomination to be homosexual activity. Such lists are usually listed in order of importance and pride tops this list.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The list of reasons for Sodom's judgement is given in Ezekiel 16:49&50. Pride tops the list along with gluttony, sloth, arrogance, selfishness . Homosexuality is not mentioned specifically but "something" labeled abomination is. I understand that abomination to be homosexual activity. Such lists are usually listed in order of importance and pride tops this list.
While the Ezekiel passage is of course true, Jude verse 7 tells us that the final result of the Ezekiel sins is sexual depravity which is the sin that brought on God's wrath.

Sin has a progression. They didn't wake up one day and decide to commit homosexual acts. Those other sins led them down that path. That's why it's important we don't let supposedly lesser sins gain a foothold.

N

NoNameMcgee

"What should our views be on LGBT"

one of the major issues with LGBT is that it is a group of people that justify a specific sin.... even take pride in it

there is an agenda being pushed

to even claim God made them that way
when the bible is very clear God tempts no man/woman

now all sin is sin

so to be tempted with a homosexual lust is just like temptation for fornication outside of marriage

it is not a sin when you feel tempted

it is a sin when you allow these temptations to work lust in you

(actually continue in lusting.... to imagine sexual things and not hold your thoughts captive)

but to live in a lifestyle of lust
while trying to justify it as if it werent sin

calling good (reproof) evil

and evil (lust) good

is not something that sounds like someone given a new heart and spirit will do

when we are saved "by grace through faith"

and NOT of works (including your own righteousness)

God makes us new....
and chastens His children

so someone who calls themself "gay" before being saved

would understand this is wrong
it is a sin

they have become addicted to a specific kind of lust
and this would break them when they feed their temptations

thoughts or actions

they would pray to be delivered from this
(and God can heal them.... He has delivered many from these perversions)

to say someone was born that way
or has no control over it

is to call God a liar

although to say someone who may still be battling lustful temptations isnt saved isnt a biblical stance

it also isnt biblical to say when we are made new we treat Gods grace as a license to sin
or blame Him for our weakness
or try to justify our sins as if it is something acceptable

sorry for the long winded answer

but i guess in short

we should love them in that we want what is best for them

we tell them the truth

we try to encourage them to turn to God and be delivered from their perverted temptations

the same way we would encourage any lustful person trying to justify their wicked lifestyle

like a husband who has many affairs or a single man/woman sleeping around every chance they get claiming what they do is natural and acceptable

if they truely believe

they will see their actions as sinful

and God will provide the growth from there if they are truely His though conviction as they grow in knowledge and
chastening if they attempt to feed their initial temptations

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2016
looks like 'fence-straddling to us - what are you afraid of???

read your Bible and Obey, and mayhaps you will be able to discern who our Holy Saviour will accept into His FOLD...

Apr 29, 2012
While the Ezekiel passage is of course true, Jude verse 7 tells us that the final result of the Ezekiel sins is sexual depravity which is the sin that brought on God's wrath.

Sin has a progression. They didn't wake up one day and decide to commit homosexual acts. Those other sins led them down that path. That's why it's important we don't let supposedly lesser sins gain a foothold.
Well said.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
Hey all,

I seem to never be on the same page with other Christians when it comes to LGBT issues. I see it as a disgusting sin that brings judgment upon the nations that accept its practice.

I'm always get accused of being judgemental, they say hate the sin not the sinner. However, I want no part of it, I cannot stand to know anyone who is LGBT. When in contact with them and despite becoming purely disgusted and very uncomfortable, I do treat them with respect just like any other person.

They see it as it's just like other sins, agreed, sin is still sin. But, this sin is praised and accepted throughout nations, practiced in communities, and accepted in churches. Would you praise a drunkard? Fight for rapist rights? Fly a flag supporting pedophiles? everyone sins, but no one should glorify it and it is against God's word.

We are on the same page. I will never be tolerant of it. Hating the sin is loving the sinner. God does not tolerate it, and there will be no homosexual in heaven. It is evil, discusting, unnatural, and depraved. We all sin, however, this one effects us all. Because a nation overrun by homosexuality comes to ruin. They risk us being attacked and/or overtaken. Though there doesn't seem to be another people seeking God enough to overtake us just like we came seeking freedom to worship God, and overtook Indians who worshiped the creation instead of the Creator. There are still many genuine Christians here, though most of America claims to be Christians but are not. "If My people who are called by My name (CHRISTians) will humble themselves, pray, seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear them and I will heal their land."

We are not to tolerate it nor promote it. For example, if a man changes his name from Charles to Charlene, we are not to call him Charlene or refer to him as 'her'. This is acceptance, and we are never to accept this evil behaviour. It is the same as not discriminating against murderers or promoting child rapists. It is evil.

CS1

May 23, 2012
LGBTQ people are part of the test of whether we can love people without respect of persons.

Love... and succor... and when possible share the gospel in ways that don't cause disputes. And maybe someday they will see that God's plan is all about family... and making families in accordance with His plan.

But if we don't care for them or they don't know we care... they will never care listen.
I disagree ,

first you must know what love is to really love someone . Jesus clearly showed us what Love is by Testifying to the truth.

Jesus is the way the life and the Truth. We are to speak the truth as Christ did. He said to many " God and SIN no more". Today we have a false narrative and revisionist of what Gods love is from a Biblical view. God will not accept LGBTQ. Which is nothing more then a bunch or letter to describe three sexual preferences 1. Abandonment of reality and a Derogatory word to describe a perversion .
God is love God is Holy Too.
the biggest issue with the lgbtq is other people who are no of the lgbtq but support it can call themselves Christians . If you are supporting a lie, and self-abuse, and false narrative of a person suffering from a cognitive barrier, or one lacking self-control do to an addiction telling them God is love and not showing them the Liberty of Christ is foolish and not love.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
Hey all,

I seem to never be on the same page with other Christians when it comes to LGBT issues. I see it as a disgusting sin that brings judgment upon the nations that accept its practice.

I'm always get accused of being judgemental, they say hate the sin not the sinner. However, I want no part of it, I cannot stand to know anyone who is LGBT. When in contact with them and despite becoming purely disgusted and very uncomfortable, I do treat them with respect just like any other person.

They see it as it's just like other sins, agreed, sin is still sin. But, this sin is praised and accepted throughout nations, practiced in communities, and accepted in churches. Would you praise a drunkard? Fight for rapist rights? Fly a flag supporting pedophiles? everyone sins, but no one should glorify it and it is against God's word.

For years the LGBTQ community has accomplished two things in their agenda. They've screamed for tolerance after they've told us that they are not to be identified by who they have sex with.
Now, after receiving the right to marry , they've pursued their agenda by demonstrating intolerance for anyone who does not agree with their sexual orientation. And they've paraded their identity as a proud reason to march on our public streets before our children. And very often have created floats featuring beds so as to simulate their sexual identity.

I remember a quote from a show the story line of which was about a defendants mental capacity and fitness to stand trial. The mental health professional asked, how can a sick mind recognize it is unwell?

When I see a man with breast implants, who admits he has his male package still in tact, but is wearing a dress demanding to be addressed using female pronouns, I remember that line from that show. Only in Christian terms.
How can a fallen mind dead in its sin realize it is fallen and dead in its abomination before God?

That man is not a woman because he insists upon that. He is not a woman because he mutilates his God given body , downs hormone cocktails, and insists he is the one that is entitled to bring out his inner woman and everyone , every one, is to agree or else be called frightened of that. And a bigot!
He's a man! He shall die as a man because he was born a man.
Same with women who go that route.

And then there are those who are attracted to the same sex. They insist it is natural. No, it is not. It is ab-normal and un-natural.
And yet, I'm suppose to tolerate being called a homophobe, or a transphobe, for saying that. No, I'm not scared, (phobic) of homosexuals or transsexuals. I'm frightened for the American future wherein we'll be prosecuted for saying publicly that we do not agree we have to accept what is contrary to righteousness and God's design.
Oh, that day is here.

I read George Orwell's novel, 1984. In that book there is a program that follows being found out by the Thought Police. It is a program designed to re-educate a persons thinking to come into accord with "Big Brother" (Government mandate concerning policies and practices).
That dystopian novel was written under a pseudonym . The author, Eric Arthur Blair, was writing about the future of Great Britains politics and government given its present state of fail. Mr.Blair was warned that if he titled it as he first wanted to, "1948", the government censors would never let it see light of day as a published work. So Mr. Blair made its title appear as a futuristic portrait and titled it, "1984" instead.

What he described about thought re-education centers was in practice in the Soviet Union and established under Karl Marx. Thought re-education centers were where people deemed of worth by the communist system would be sent if they did not think according to policy. Those who were not deemed of worth and openly opposed communism were killed.
"When the sufferers learn to think, then the thinkers will learn to suffer." Karl Marx

Both George Orwell's and Karl Marx thought re-education centers are alive and active in America. They're now titled, sensitivity training programs. And are often prescribed in the work place if a worker happens to not go along with the zero tolerance policy in place in an at-will employment policy nation.

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace. " George W. Bush

We're fast learning we're not to say homosexuality is an abomination in God's eyes. That it is sexual immorality. That sexually immoral people do suffer for their sins and that the homosexual community knows this because colon rectal cancer is one of the fastest growing pathologies in that community. And transsexuals are not made happy when mutilating themselves into the opposite sex than their God given anatomy shows. Their suicide rates are record of that.

And those are not the responsibility of an intolerant society. That excuse cannot be put on our doorstep anymore when the laws in America now give them more rights to self-identify and self-mutilate, than they give me to say that aloud at work on my private lunch hour.

But don't worry sisters and brothers in our Lord. We are the eternal church and all is as God plans. We're witnessing the rebirth of Sodom & Gomorrah. And we know how the first edition turned out.
God knows what he's doing. Learn from the parable that unfolds in real time using the parables Christ delivered in scripture so as to navigate what is and what's coming. And be not afraid. :) The Lord is in control. And no thing on earth alters his Heavenly plans for all of it.

Sweetsmash

Jun 2, 2018
Hey all,

I personally believe what the Bible says about relationships. A woman and a man is what God wants. I don’t judge anyone but I will speak in love about that’s a sin. I sin too but don’t have a problem in that area. I am straight and desire a man of God. Sin is sin no sin is greater than the next. Jesus bleed for all of us and died for us so we would have the opportunity of spending eternity with the Father in heaven.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
It is good to hate the sins and even avoid unrepentant proud sinners.. But it is wrong to hate on them.. In the end the LORD will judge them and their eternal fate will be far far worse then anything else that could ever happen to them in this world..

Personally i feel pity for their twisted minds and their foolish pride... They are headed for a terrible eternity indeed..

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Hey all,

Greetings Storm1485,

I am in completed agreement with you in that, it is detestable! However, and as I'm sure you are aware, Jesus said that all sin and blaspheme shall be forgiven. The invitation is to all regardless of their sins. The problem is and which is not present with any other sin, is that those of the LGBTQ want to justify and embrace the same-sex life style instead of repenting.

My position is that, they have the freedom to continue in that life style if they choose to. Even God gives them the free will to do so. However, the consequences remain the same and that is what these people need to understand.

We should just continue to pray for those who belong to God who are living that life style, that His Spirit may convict them of this wrong. For as scripture states, no one who is willfully living according to the sinful nature will inherit the kingdom of God.

As it is, they are just running head-long into destruction!

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Hey all,

Being a Homosexual is no more a sin than a person being a Heterosexual or bi sexual or transexual or transgender or what have you.

Who you are attracted to is not what is considered sinful. Acting upon it, now that is what is sinful.

A Homosexual who has a sexual relationship with the same sex, commits sin. Even as a Heterosexual who has a sexual relationship with another not being married to that person, commits sin.

The ONLY sexual relationship that God approves of is between a Husband and his Wife. All other sexual relationship with another is sinful.

i agree that homosexual acts of sex are indeed sin. So is lying. So is looking at porn. So is Failing to Love One Another.
We are commanded to Love One Another, so when you fail to do so, you commit sin. Are we so concerned about the sins of others that we fail to get rid of the sins that so easily besets us? First get rid of the sin that is in your own life, so that you will be better able to see clearly how to tell others that their sinning should cease.

Do you think other should cease their sinning, yet you do not cease your own sinning? how is that not hypocritical? The problem with this generation is that people put a value on one sin above another sin. Therefore it makes them feel better about the sins that they are committing, because those sins are not nearly as bad as other sins. A person who steals a million dollars and a person who steals a pencil from work. BOTH disobeyed God and stole. People put a value on which one is worse than the other, But to God they both stole, they Both disobeyed Him. We are so focused on the sins of the Homosexuals, that we fail to address the sins that are in our own lives, because why? Because Homosexual sins are far worse than the ones you commit, right? WRONG!!!

If a Homosexual person is in your presence and you are NOT Loving them, you commit sin, because you fail to Love One Another as our Savior Jesus Christ Commanded us to do, He did ask us to do, He didn't say Try to do it, He COMMANDED us to do it. If you don't you are the one that committed sin.

And the worse thing yet, Is if a person repents of a sin, they are forgiven for that sin if they are Truly sorry for that sin. The problem i see with this generation, is people Failing to Love One Another all over the place, and i doubt one person is asking for forgiveness from God for Failing to love one another. Do you ask God to forgive you for cutting off that person in traffic, i think not. But you committed sin because you Failed to Love that person, and if you do not ask for forgiveness for that sin, then that sin still remains stained on you. Did you have a dollar to give but Fail to give to a bum? Did you repent for Failing to love that person asking you for money, or did you altogether convince yourself that person is probably richer than you, and make yourself feel justified by not giving? Therefore since you feel justified for NOT giving to someone asking you for money, why would you repent of Failing to Love One Another?

LOVE ONE ANOTHER, start now before its to late.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
I think the problem is deflecting from the topic at hand in order to take the light off the subject of what should our views be on LGBTQ?

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Hey all,

Bro, you have mention some very important points in your message. Legalizing any sin whether homosexuality or lying or corrupting is a sign of approval that the nations who are doing this are proud of it. What they don't know is that they are working into destruction. And legalizing evil is provoking GOD ALMIGHTY our GRACIOUS FATHER.
Evil must be exposed and homosexuality is evil. We must expose it by talking against it. Stand against it. We must tell those who are involve in it (both the doer and the ones who approved it) that what they are doing is evil and they should repent and give their lives to JESUS so that they will be free from that evil spirit in them.
When we tell them the truth that what they are doing is evil; some will say we are judging them but what they don't know is that the WORD OF GOD is Truth and the WORD is the JUDGE. The truth we speak judge the evil spirit of homosexual in them and that's why they are complaining.
We must keep on exposing evil.
We are the Light of the world.
JESUS IS LORD.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
The LORD GOD says “All the nations who are legalizing homosexuality, abortion and all such of evil; their partiality witnesses against them; they proclaim their sin like Sodom, they do not hide it.
Woe to them!
For they have brought evil upon themselves.” This is the word of the LORD GOD. Those who have ears let them hear.

Hey all,

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
First, no one is beyond the reach of God's hand. Our job on this earth is not to judge, but rather to present the gospel. Now, I am not saying that the whole LBTG Movement is not based on sin. It is! But, these people who don't have Jesus are no different than any other sinners.

We need to pray for these people as individuals, to come to Christ. They need to see the depravity of their sin and lifetstyle. But surely, loving them, and giving them a positive alternative is a better way to go? Gays and lesbians are people who need Christ. If we are not part of the solution of sharing Jesus, and praying for them, then we are part of the problem.

I also thnk we need to stand up to institutionalized promotion of the gay lifestyle. I was watching a new show - Station 19. It is only 5 or 6 episodes into the season, and men are romantically kissing men. So, I will not be watching that show again And I am going to write a letter to the network detaining how replusive that "kiss" was to me. It may not help, but it is one thing I can do to stand up to this whole lifestyle. I won't have it shoved down my throat. On the other hand, I will love and pray for those caught up in this lifestyle, for God to save them, and deliver them.
EWW, GROSS

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
You know that old saying, repeating the same behavior over and over again expecting a different result is a sign of insanity?

Well, maybe we can look to that to say, In-sin-ity. It use to trouble me greatly that the sins God called abomination are finding their way to having a right to be publicly sinful, sin-filled, in the very nation that was grounded in Godly Christian principles.
Now, the other day I'm watching TV, browsing the channels, and see two new shows on cable networks that glorify homosexuality and transsexualism both.

Witnessing in America, and the world really but since America is my home, witnessing the rebirth of Sodom and Gomorrah in all ways that it itself was corrupt, is fascinating.
Now it isn't so much a concern that troubles me. Rather , it is an awareness of that aforementioned adage concerning insanity. Repeating the same behavior as that of Sodom and Gomorrah, expecting to remain blessed of God as a nation, is in-sin-ity.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I tried to send a personal message but had some kind malfuntion and couldn't get through.. You wondered why people didn't or wouldn't accept that mental illness is a physical problem. Well my friend it's because they think it's imaginary. have little education on it think it is demonic (which I have heard in church) and many are terrified of it. (like being gay). I think some think it is contagous.
I tried to start a D.R.A. meeting once. (Dual Recovery Anon.) at residential treatment center but received almost no support and some of my coleages uposed it saying 'we don't want those crazy ---'s around here". Guess what, they were already. THESE WERE PROFESIONALS.

People like us want to understand what we don't, if at least we think we can. Most want to run and hide. But propose a rediculos idea like burrowing roadway tunnels through a known fault zone or farm on mars where this no measurable air and all of the water is frozen people think he is a genius. who's crazy?... calibob

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Bro, you have mention some very important points in your message. Legalizing any sin whether homosexuality or lying or corrupting is a sign of approval that the nations who are doing this are proud of it. What they don't know is that they are working into destruction. And legalizing evil is provoking GOD ALMIGHTY our GRACIOUS FATHER.
Evil must be exposed and homosexuality is evil. We must expose it by talking against it. Stand against it. We must tell those who are involve in it (both the doer and the ones who approved it) that what they are doing is evil and they should repent and give their lives to JESUS so that they will be free from that evil spirit in them.
When we tell them the truth that what they are doing is evil; some will say we are judging them but what they don't know is that the WORD OF GOD is Truth and the WORD is the JUDGE. The truth we speak judge the evil spirit of homosexual in them and that's why they are complaining.
We must keep on exposing evil.
We are the Light of the world.
JESUS IS LORD.
I agree! We should continue to proclaim the truth regarding this issue. They have the right to continue in it if that is their choice, but the consequences are the same. Willfully living a sexually immoral life leads to death. Paul spoke about this in Romans and those who support it:

"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things are worthy of death, they not only continue to do these things, but also approve of those who practice them."

Jude also contends for the truth regarding this and urges us to contend for the truth as well:

"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire." - Jude 7