What should our views be on LGBT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 27, 2015
There are people who have become Christians and daily fight the homosexual urges. So there is hope for them. You might want to research how this was accomplished.

I would point out to them the Biblical passages about homosexuality and tell them you are bound by the word of God. That is not homophobic. That is putting God first. I take it they are not Christians. Therefore they might not want to hear it but they need to understand the word of God is what you as a minister must follow in spite of your affection for them.
I agree with this post except for the part that I bolded and changed to red. I would say that following the Word of God would not be in spite of one's love for sinners, but would actually be an act of love toward sinners. I think following the Word of God is the most important act of love we can do for the lost.

Edit: Unless you meant something along the lines of "I like you and everything, but I love God more." In which case, yeah, I agree with this post. :)

CS1

May 23, 2012
There are people who have become Christians and daily fight the homosexual urges. So there is hope for them. You might want to research how this was accomplished.

I would point out to them the Biblical passages about homosexuality and tell them you are bound by the word of God. That is not homophobic. That is putting God first. I take it they are not Christians. Therefore they might not want to hear it but they need to understand the word of God is what you as a minister must follow in spite of your affection for them.
I see you did not answer yes or no to if you would do the ceremony> ? Also they claim to be Christian and yet want to marry. I would like to do if you would marry them?

CS1

May 23, 2012
Marriage is no longer the same. We look at it from a Christian perspective as a bond for life ordained by God. Spiritual in nature but we are the minority in this now days. To many it's temporary and can be canceled at most any time and all it takes is a little money (in the USA) or it's a business transaction. Some get married for money, others like some receiving pensions or SSI will loose benefits and choose not to get LEGALY married. For them there is now what's called commitment of vows ceremony which is neither legal nor illegal.

I worked at a wedding chapel in Vegas 7 years so I've seen all types. Like it or not we (in the USA) live in an agnostic nation that has no legal regard for God, the Bible or spirituality. Our currency says "In God We Trust" but on the back is the all seeing eye from Free Masonry. Money is our Nations God! As Christians we can boycott LBGTQ weddings but passing laws for religious reasons is un-constitutional. People also get married for immigration purposes, mail order brides etc. Men also receive hefty dowry's to marry foreign women. The contract (often enforced by organized crime) is only for 5 years. Sure, it's illegal but proof is required to prosecute.

As long as we live in the world we must try not to become part of the world because the world as we know it is going to come to a crashing halt, at least that's the way I've read it, a new beginning will start when Jesus returns, soon I hope. I am anti gay but I AM NOT ANTI GAYS. Being more than a guest at a friends or family members wedding is like co-signing or being an accessory if you think it should be a crime. If I didn't approve, I wouldn't do it. Gay, straight or sideways. Nope! Nor would I approve of an anti-Christian marrying a Christian for that matter. That'll be all from me about this for a while. Thanks for reading my diatribe.
you would be right but the context to the topic is not if marriage is the same anymore but what is our ( chritians) view to be? Man can do what ever they want God has not changed on marriage or homosexuality or the lgbtqwxyz

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
you would be right but the context to the topic is not if marriage is the same anymore but what is our ( chritians) view to be? Man can do what ever they want God has not changed on marriage or homosexuality or the lgbtqwxyz
I Didn't say God has changed his views but our tunnel vision doesn't change the panorama of the new meaning of marriage and that we should boycott that which we know we should not accept.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I Didn't say God has changed his views but our tunnel vision doesn't change the panorama of the new meaning of marriage and that we should boycott that which we know we should not accept.
I do not see it as tunnel vision, I see it as the authoritative word of God over what the world or some may think is the panorama of a"new meaning of marriage". I am not for boycotting either. I'm for telling the truth.

Aug 8, 2018
Hey all,
.... it is against God's word.
Storm, keep perspective. I get your message. Our failings arise from 'the world, the flesh, and the devil'. Sins of the flesh are inflamed by media and 'political correctness' manipulations. Our Saviour sees everything. I don't want you to imagine for a second that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was not prophetic. Pray for the release from fleshly sin of those driven to serve it. Your prayers will be God's will. Your prayers will be heard. Mercy triumphs over Judgment. Try not to stress. He is on the Throne.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I do not see it as tunnel vision, I see it as the authoritative word of God over what the world or some may think is the panorama of a"new meaning of marriage". I am not for boycotting either. I'm for telling the truth.
So you would be a part of a gay friends wedding? If not that's boycotting. I won't go to Disneyland because they have gay pride days. That's boycotting. It's not like we can stop living in the world because it doesn't do as we see fit but we don't have to do as we see unfit either, just because it's legal!

CS1

May 23, 2012
So you would be a part of a gay friends wedding? If not that's boycotting. I won't go to Disneyland because they have gay pride days. That's boycotting. It's not like we can stop living in the world because it doesn't do as we see fit but we don't have to do as we see unfit either, just because it's legal!
LOL hahaha I'm sorry you feel that way, so I think you would perform the ceremony if you are or were a minister? I will say you were not very clear that you would not and as a minister I have turned down those self-professing gay Christians requests to perform a "gay marriage ceremony". That is not called a "boycott" that sir, is called Integrity. It too would be wrong for me to go to Disneyland If the happy place on earth every day was a gay pride day.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
LOL hahaha I'm sorry you feel that way, so I think you would perform the ceremony if you are or were a minister? I will say you were not very clear that you would not and as a minister I have turned down those self-professing gay Christians requests to perform a "gay marriage ceremony". That is not called a "boycott" that sir, is called Integrity. It too would be wrong for me to go to Disneyland If the happy place on earth every day was a gay pride day.
When I worked for Little White Chapel I regularly turned away gays and refused to tell them which chapels would perform the ceremony's. And during the united farm workers strikes I supported the union by boycotting (refusing to buy) grapes and Gallo wines.

CS1

May 23, 2012
When one forms there worldview from a PC or an unbiblical understanding they justify participating in Sin. To suggest doing so is in some way showing Christian love; is just not true. Jesus would not support a gay wedding ceremony and the Lord doing so is because HE would be a hypocrite and a liar to do so. You think it is living to support gay marriage? No sir. It does show and unwillingness to be light and salt.

CS1

May 23, 2012
When I worked for Little White Chapel I regularly turned away gays and refused to tell them which chapels would perform the ceremony's. And during the united farm workers strikes I supported the union by boycotting (refusing to buy) grapes and Gallo wines.
Ok, and what does that mean? UFW thanks you and Gallo wines hates you. What does that have to do if you being a minister knowing the word of God performs a gay wedding?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Because refusing to do so in my understanding of the word is boycotting just like not going to Disneyland or buying grapes till the workers are being treated fairly. BTW I wasn't the minister, I was the graveyard shift manager. I wrote the contracts sold the packages and signed as witness on behalf of the chapel. I also had the authority to turn people away for just cause ant the owner had my back. I once turned a couple away because the groom was wearing a tee shirt with a pic of Jesus with red eyes smoking what appeared to be a joint, not for legal reasons but because I found it disrespectful.:LOL: What an Idiot! He started protesting about his rights, loudly and the minister tried to intervene not noticing the shirt much till I pointed it out and he had my back. The guy got louder talking about his civil rights so I offered to call the police to settle it and he left very promptly. I realize he could have taken us to court, and in a City as liberal as Las Vegas it probably would have turned out like the case in Colorado with the gay wedding cake. But I'd rather quit than cosign that or a Gay wedding.

My point being we can't stop it but we don't have to become part of it and I won't relinquish my stance, period!

BTW the date was April 20th, 420. Bob Marley day festival in vegas.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I confess to my confliction... While I am completely agnostic to the LGBT...&Q movement (I don't even know what Q is?).
I have a nephew (from my sister) and a niece (from my brother) whom I love dearly with all my heart and soul...
My family has watched a surrogate sister completely destroy her own family after she dis-owned her own daughter when she learned of her sexual orientation/preference.
I suspect that there are those who feel so strongly based upon their personal convictions and perceived robotic obligatory implementation of their personal interpretations of God's will - to forget... God loves all his children, and in doing so, he could not possibly expect a loving parent to feel obligated to dis-own their own child...
I've been blessed with three amazing children of my own, and I realize that there is the chance that anyone of them might end up raising a child who for whatever reason could find themselves carrying this burden upon their cross along their personal journey... I'm committed to love all of my children unconditionally, and all of my grandchildren unconditionally - I pray that my kids will have the conviction to do the same. Just as I trust that God loves all his children and expects no less from his children to love theirs and to love their neighbors children and so on and so on...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
… I am completely agnostic to the LGBT...&Q movement (I don't even know what Q is?).
Q stands for queer, which has various meanings, but signifies a person's identification with the LGBT community.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Because refusing to do so in my understanding of the word is boycotting just like not going to Disneyland or buying grapes till the workers are being treated fairly. BTW I wasn't the minister, I was the graveyard shift manager. I wrote the contracts sold the packages and signed as witness on behalf of the chapel. I also had the authority to turn people away for just cause ant the owner had my back. I once turned a couple away because the groom was wearing a tee shirt with a pic of Jesus with red eyes smoking what appeared to be a joint, not for legal reasons but because I found it disrespectful.:LOL: What an Idiot! He started protesting about his rights, loudly and the minister tried to intervene not noticing the shirt much till I pointed it out and he had my back. The guy got louder talking about his civil rights so I offered to call the police to settle it and he left very promptly. I realize he could have taken us to court, and in a City as liberal as Las Vegas it probably would have turned out like the case in Colorado with the gay wedding cake. But I'd rather quit than cosign that or a Gay wedding.

My point being we can't stop it but we don't have to become part of it and I won't relinquish my stance, period!

BTW the date was April 20th, 420. Bob Marley day festival in vegas.
OK, I am asking nor do I care if you relinquish your stances it is your opinion. it just does not line up with the word of God. Disneyland boycott and God unwilling to bless what HE said is not going to be blessed like a gay marriage of self-professing Christians. I am not talking about civil rights because most gay activists are hypocritical. they want rights but will try and shut down those who do not agree with the gay agenda. I'm in California where the law was not upheld two times overturned by gay judges marriage act. I also this your comment about a shirt of Jesus proves you do not know what you are talking about. if you think gay marriage is of the same importance as boycotting Disneyland or grapes then we are done. I find you more troll-like then sincere

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I see you did not answer yes or no to if you would do the ceremony> ? Also they claim to be Christian and yet want to marry. I would like to do if you would marry them?
ROFL
I didn't think I needed a yes or no since the no was emphatically implied in my post. I guess that went right over your head. My post got divided into 2 parts. Did you read the second part?

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Marriage is no longer the same. We look at it from a Christian perspective as a bond for life ordained by God. Spiritual in nature but we are the minority in this now days. To many it's temporary and can be canceled at most any time and all it takes is a little money (in the USA) or it's a business transaction. Some get married for money, others like some receiving pensions or SSI will loose benefits and choose not to get LEGALY married. For them there is now what's called commitment of vows ceremony which is neither legal nor illegal.

I worked at a wedding chapel in Vegas 7 years so I've seen all types. Like it or not we (in the USA) live in an agnostic nation that has no legal regard for God, the Bible or spirituality. Our currency says "In God We Trust" but on the back is the all seeing eye from Free Masonry. Money is our Nations God! As Christians we can boycott LBGTQ weddings but passing laws for religious reasons is un-constitutional. People also get married for immigration purposes, mail order brides etc. Men also receive hefty dowry's to marry foreign women. The contract (often enforced by organized crime) is only for 5 years. Sure, it's illegal but proof is required to prosecute.

As long as we live in the world we must try not to become part of the world because the world as we know it is going to come to a crashing halt, at least that's the way I've read it, a new beginning will start when Jesus returns, soon I hope. I am anti gay but I AM NOT ANTI GAYS. Being more than a guest at a friends or family members wedding is like co-signing or being an accessory if you think it should be a crime. If I didn't approve, I wouldn't do it. Gay, straight or sideways. Nope! Nor would I approve of an anti-Christian marrying a Christian for that matter. That'll be all from me about this for a while. Thanks for reading my diatribe.
I agree with your assessment that we live in a secular nation now. The major protestant denominations have been taken over by secular ministers who are there for access to the money. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. Gary North wrote a book Crossed Fingers detailing the takeover of Presbyterian USA by secular ministers defrocking Minister Mechan who was the last Christian minister controlling a pot of money. At present there are still gospel preaching sub denominations of the big ones. Presbyterian PCA and Lutheran Missouri Synod are the 2 I know about. A little less than half of the country attend church regularly. Only a splinter of them ever hear the gospel message. At an after evening invitational service I talked to a person who attended a Lutheran church and he heard the gospel message for the first time. I attend a Presbyterian PCA church.

At issue is how do we deal with non Christians. What does the Bible teach us? We are to love them. Is it love to get in their face about their sins? With our fellow Christian Christians we are to first approach them privately about their sins we see. We do this in a loving manner. If they don't change we are to approach an elder to help in the situation. With non Christians all we can do is to do what evangelism classes teach. Be a friend first. Then if they bring up the sin issue share the gospel message telling them that grace through faith in Jesus gives them the removal of their sins and helps them overcome the sin urge. They need to understand that that all of us sin but work to overcome those urges.

Giving love is the only way to reach them. Getting in their face about it just runs them off.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I agree with your assessment that we live in a secular nation now. The major protestant denominations have been taken over by secular ministers who are there for access to the money. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. Gary North wrote a book Crossed Fingers detailing the takeover of Presbyterian USA by secular ministers defrocking Minister Mechan who was the last Christian minister controlling a pot of money. At present there are still gospel preaching sub denominations of the big ones. Presbyterian PCA and Lutheran Missouri Synod are the 2 I know about. A little less than half of the country attend church regularly. Only a splinter of them ever hear the gospel message. At an after evening invitational service I talked to a person who attended a Lutheran church and he heard the gospel message for the first time. I attend a Presbyterian PCA church.

At issue is how do we deal with non Christians. What does the Bible teach us? We are to love them. Is it love to get in their face about their sins? With our fellow Christian Christians we are to first approach them privately about their sins we see. We do this in a loving manner. If they don't change we are to approach an elder to help in the situation. With non Christians all we can do is to do what evangelism classes teach. Be a friend first. Then if they bring up the sin issue share the gospel message telling them that grace through faith in Jesus gives them the removal of their sins and helps them overcome the sin urge. They need to understand that that all of us sin but work to overcome those urges.

Giving love is the only way to reach them. Getting in their face about it just runs them off.
Having been involved in various ministries in which many actually came to us for help, love, kindness and reason works much better than hate, anger or conspiracy theories. When a queer with aids looks us right in the eyes and asks "I God loves me, why did he give me aids?" One of the most natural ways to respond is with anger. That's the flesh responding, we must recognize and overcome that to be of any use at all to them or the Lord on this matter. If we try and bash them with anger , sarcasms or thou shalt nots' they may never get saved and we will loose a chance to do Gods work.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Having been involved in various ministries in which many actually came to us for help, love, kindness and reason works much better than hate, anger or conspiracy theories. When a queer with aids looks us right in the eyes and asks "I God loves me, why did he give me aids?" One of the most natural ways to respond is with anger. That's the flesh responding, we must recognize and overcome that to be of any use at all to them or the Lord on this matter. If we try and bash them with anger , sarcasms or thou shalt nots' they may never get saved and we will loose a chance to do Gods work.
Been there and done that for years. I'm 73 now. Went to 3 churches (moved twice) and each had evangelism classes taught by an outside group. As elder and deacon in the churches it was mandatory for me to attend. Learned a lot from them each time. Much of the content was similar but each had some unique concepts. Cold calling was discouraged because it hardly ever worked. The way to accomplish the work was to make closer friends with unsaved acquaintances and work 1 on 1 with them. This method has a much higher rate of success.