What should our views be on LGBT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
For if I gained the whole world I would still have nothing. For my treasures lie beyond the physical world in the hands of my Redeemer. I will follow Him and seek His mercy, that I might attain eternal life. I will turn my eyes from sin so I may see the narrow path before me, that leads to my salvation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Jesus says if you are angry with someone it’s the same as murder.
Jesus also said looking at someone with lust is the same as adultery. In the OT people where stoned to death for that.
I think I will go ahead and trust Jesus’ definition on this one.
I suggest you study a bit more.
I actually believe that Jesus grades on the curve. It does say that those that are loss will be judged according to their deeds. One sin on the books can mean a one-way ticket to hell so what's the point of the judgement if the penalty is the same for being angry or committing a cold-blooded murder? Seems kind of harsh to get the electric chair because you got angry and swore when you stubbed your toe.

I believe that the point Jesus was making was that all sin, regardless of type is a serious matter that must be addressed. It also says in the bible to not let the sun set on your anger. Even Jesus was angry in the temple as he tipped over all of the tables. His anger was justified. He is also angry when we sin but also tempers that anger with mercy and compassion. Anger can be a positive force if handled in a proper manner. Anger is certainly not a sin in all instances, it depends on the circumstances and how it is managed until it dissipates.

I will study more on this.

K

kaylagrl

When you reply by posting what is basically a google search for “greater sin” it shows me you just want to play games.
All one needs to do is read the line just before. John 19:10 and you have the answer.
That’s the thing... I can tell by how you appoched this. You are not interested in finding truth or learning anything at all. You just want to back up a man made point that has no basis in scripture at all if you truly understand what Jesus is about.
Sorry for going off on you like this but it’s really pretty basic stuff.
You can prove any idea, concept, false or true if you just cherry pick phrases here or there out of the Bible. However, reading it in full you get truth and wisdom!

Friend I don't need you to tell me what the Bible says. All sin leads to death. But homosexuality and sexual sins are against your own body and the Bible is very clear that it is a perversion and sin like no other. You have told a poster that is a Christian that God sees her sin the same as a homosexuals sin. Now I don't know what Bible you're reading,but talk about man made religion! I argue this with Christians all the time that say "well homosexuality is like any other sin" it is not. The Bible is clear about how serious it is. If you can't see that you're reading the wrong Bible.

It bothers me greatly when I see Christians trying to soft soap homosexuality. A local church denomination just voted to allow homosexuality in the church. Christians have fallen asleep on this issue. The Bible says it is an abomination. It is promoted and pushed with an agenda like no other sin. It is celebrated in parades. It does damage to the foundation of the family like no other sin. And then Christians fear calling it out and try to soft soap it as like any other sin. How sad that Christians are afraid to speak the truth these days.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
ALL sins are serious. So they should all be on the same level, not with one more serious than another..

K

kaylagrl

ALL sins are serious. So they should all be on the same level, not with one more serious than another..
I cannot disagree with orange kitties lest I be pelted with kitty litter. Hopefully the clean kind. Suffice to say homosexuality is a serious sin. I see another poster is like a dog with a bone and willing to argue to the death. The OP asked how we are to treat homosexuality. The Bible tells us all we need to know on the subject. Nough said. Hope you are doing well Lady Blue.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I cannot disagree with orange kitties lest I be pelted with kitty litter. Hopefully the clean kind. Suffice to say homosexuality is a serious sin. I see another poster is like a dog with a bone and willing to argue to the death. The OP asked how we are to treat homosexuality. The Bible tells us all we need to know on the subject. Nough said. Hope you are doing well Lady Blue.
We are to treat homosexuality as the abomination that it is.. Being with another of the same gender is unnatural, immoral, disgusting and definitely not moral..

I'm doing good, had my first coffee of the new year this morning.. lol..

I still have your quote in my signature.. lol (y)(y) (Edit: now I have TWO of your quotes in my siggy.)

K

kaylagrl

We are to treat homosexuality as the abomination that it is.. Being with another of the same gender is unnatural, immoral, disgusting and definitely not moral..

I'm doing good, had my first coffee of the new year this morning.. lol..

I still have your quote in my signature.. lol (y)(y) (Edit: now I have TWO of your quotes in my siggy.)
Hahaha! Twice?! That has to be a record. What can I say? I just respect orange kitties,as everyone should! :p Happy New Year Lady Blue,enjoy that coffee.

Adam4Eve

Nov 26, 2018
Hey all,

I seem to never be on the same page with other Christians when it comes to LGBT issues. I see it as a disgusting sin that brings judgment upon the nations that accept its practice.

I'm always get accused of being judgemental, they say hate the sin not the sinner. However, I want no part of it, I cannot stand to know anyone who is LGBT. When in contact with them and despite becoming purely disgusted and very uncomfortable, I do treat them with respect just like any other person.

They see it as it's just like other sins, agreed, sin is still sin. But, this sin is praised and accepted throughout nations, practiced in communities, and accepted in churches. Would you praise a drunkard? Fight for rapist rights? Fly a flag supporting pedophiles? everyone sins, but no one should glorify it and it is against God's word.
I know where you're coming from and I agree that LGBT is a sin.
I also find it quite revolting personally.

But I agree with Ugly (second post), your post reaks of religious stink.

K

kaylagrl

I know where you're coming from and I agree that LGBT is a sin.
I also find it quite revolting personally.

But I agree with Ugly (second post), your post reaks of religious stink.
The poster is likely long gone. It's an old thread.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
BS - who ever said that sticking it up a mans no-go-zone or even a womans no-go zone is not right. If you like it you like it. I also does not say that all gays do it. What about lesbians.
How old are you young lady?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The point is sir, the overly inappropriate words you use to describe the male parts of the body is really not needed in a Christian chat forum or are you saying the male parts of the body have to do with LGBTQ? I do see you were answering another young lady who was overly sexual in her responses. And it is my experience here as a Mod which I am will lead to even greater inappropriate responses which then most say " oh I'm sorry". So Please be careful and if you have an issue with that PM me.

Thank you

CS1,

Not saying your return is good or bad, just wondering what happened? You said the Lord told you to leave CC. This from Your thread
CS1 signing out:

Good day, good evening, and good morning.

I would like to say to all at CC it has been a blessing over that past year here on CC as a Mod. I am going to follow the leading of the Lord as I believe he is directing me to leave CC. I thank God for RoBoOp and administration and all other mods who job here have been fun and rewarding. I hope all of you will seek the Lord and study the word of God earnestly. Thank you RoBoOp for the trust and friendship. Thank you Once fallen for all your work and help God bless you, my Brother. CC is the best Christian chat site out there and I will continue to support it. For those who have been a friend and even crazy I want to thank you:

bygrace

Dec 3, 2018
Not saying your return is good or bad, just wondering what happened? You said the Lord told you to leave CC. This from Your thread
CS1 signing out:

I would like to say to all at CC it has been a blessing over that past year here on CC as a Mod. I am going to follow the leading of the Lord as I believe he is directing me to leave CC. I thank God for RoBoOp and administration and all other mods who job here have been fun and rewarding. I hope all of you will seek the Lord and study the word of God earnestly. Thank you RoBoOp for the trust and friendship. Thank you Once fallen for all your work and help God bless you, my Brother. CC is the best Christian chat site out there and I will continue to support it. For those who have been a friend and even crazy I want to thank you:
You can PM me I will answer you there. I don't want to talk about my personal things in this thread thank you.

bygrace

Dec 3, 2018
CS1 signing out:

You don't have to say it is good or bad I know you don't like me and that is Ok :)

CS1

May 23, 2012
CS1 signing out:

Thank you for your concern about me PennED. I am back for a short time. Sorry if that bug's ya. If you would like to know more about me being here please pm me :( I do not like to bring personal things into a thread that is not mine. And I am following the Leading of the Lord :)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Totally confused. Is ByGrace & CS1 the same person with 2 different accounts?

I did not address Bygrace at all, yet he has the same response as CS1.

Not sure why CS1 thinks I'm "bugged" by anything by my post.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Totally confused. Is ByGrace & CS1 the same person with 2 different accounts?

I did not address Bygrace at all, yet he has the same response as CS1.

Not sure why CS1 thinks I'm "bugged" by anything by my post.

I have no idea who ByGrace is.. I've never seen her/him post before..

K

kaylagrl

Thank you for your concern about me PennED. I am back for a short time. Sorry if that bug's ya. If you would like to know more about me being here please pm me :( I do not like to bring personal things into a thread that is not mine. And I am following the Leading of the Lord :)

By Grace is CS1? I'm confused...

7seasrekeyed

you are a perverted person who would speak such a way. this speaks very clearly to your trolling on this site. The cave you are in is one of a lie and deception you can continue in your perverted sexual lifestyle all you want. IT is sin, and God will not accept it. There is no such thing as a saved homosexual or a gay Christian just like there is no Christian drunks or Christian addicts

what are you afraid of? there are saved sinners all over the world and whether or not you believe it, or fear to realize it, the amazing thing is that God has saved them and each of us and understands how very weak our frame is

the Bible is not taught fully or believed fully by far too many and the sorry fact is that many many Christians do not live victoriously because of it and others look down their long noses and tell them they are not saved

well whoopee do for you if you are squeaky clean and keep swinging those tassels and declaring how righteous you are why some struggle with lifelong 'problems' they just cannot overcome

do you have any idea how many pastors, Sunday School teachers, singers whatever who look all grand on the platform actually have hidden sins they either give in to or cannot overcome no matter how hard they try?

you know, God looks on the heart and not the outward performance. a homosexual, for example, who does not live that lifestyle but has stopped his/her same sex practices and overcomes, is most assuredly saved even if they are still tempted, never get married and have 14 children and that is a fact

you have a lot to learn if you think you can just judge those who do not live up to how you think they should

7seasrekeyed

for good measure and not to be misunderstood, homosexuality is a sin and I do believe repeated and continued sinning, for ANY sin, can result in demonic attachments

I also think a person can struggle very badly and still be saved but I do not think a practicing homsexual is saved

one sin that Christians just about seem to refuse to deal with, is gossip. it kills people

K

kaylagrl

what are you afraid of? there are saved sinners all over the world and whether or not you believe it, or fear to realize it, the amazing thing is that God has saved them and each of us and understands how very weak our frame is

the Bible is not taught fully or believed fully by far too many and the sorry fact is that many many Christians do not live victoriously because of it and others look down their long noses and tell them they are not saved

well whoopee do for you if you are squeaky clean and keep swinging those tassels and declaring how righteous you are why some struggle with lifelong 'problems' they just cannot overcome

do you have any idea how many pastors, Sunday School teachers, singers whatever who look all grand on the platform actually have hidden sins they either give in to or cannot overcome no matter how hard they try?

you know, God looks on the heart and not the outward performance. a homosexual, for example, who does not live that lifestyle but has stopped his/her same sex practices and overcomes, is most assuredly saved even if they are still tempted, never get married and have 14 children and that is a fact

you have a lot to learn if you think you can just judge those who do not live up to how you think they should
for good measure and not to be misunderstood, homosexuality is a sin and I do believe repeated and continued sinning, for ANY sin, can result in demonic attachments

I also think a person can struggle very badly and still be saved but I do not think a practicing homsexual is saved

one sin that Christians just about seem to refuse to deal with, is gossip. it kills people

I'm not sure a distinction was made in the OP about the person being saved or not. That changes everything. I had a friend who is now passed who had been an alcoholic. He struggled with it till the day he died. I have no doubt he was a born again Christian. I know he is in heaven today.