What to do in the waiting season

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pen75

Nov 30, 2017
Psalm 88 one of my favoirite Psalms talks about the feelings of a broken man and the dark night of the soul. Im sure, as singles, we have all been there. But let me encourage you while we wait for Gods blessing and favour in giving us a spouse. Press into God and worship our Saviour! We are born to worship. Forget about the past and put it under Gods feet. Reflect and ponder and ask for revelation and understanding. Keep busy being active in Gods mission. Fill your life with the Word of God and worship Him daily!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"While you're waiting in the wings"

[video=youtube;VxisWJGPVes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxisWJGPVes[/video]

Pen75

Nov 30, 2017
That is sooooo me!!!!!!
"While you're waiting in the wings"

[video=youtube;VxisWJGPVes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxisWJGPVes[/video]

G

Galatea

Psalm 88 one of my favoirite Psalms talks about the feelings of a broken man and the dark night of the soul. Im sure, as singles, we have all been there. But let me encourage you while we wait for Gods blessing and favour in giving us a spouse. Press into God and worship our Saviour! We are born to worship. Forget about the past and put it under Gods feet. Reflect and ponder and ask for revelation and understanding. Keep busy being active in Gods mission. Fill your life with the Word of God and worship Him daily!
I’ll be the big, black crow and announce with my unlovely voice- God does not give ys everything we want. He does not necessarily bless you with a spouse any more than He blesses you with millions of dollars. We are not to be time servers. We are not Christians because of what God can give us. Life sucks- blessed be the name of the Lord.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Life does not in fact suck, but everything else Galatea said was accurate. Don't miss your whole life just because you're waiting for something that you might never get. You will miss a lot of good stuff.

G

Galatea

Life does not in fact suck, but everything else Galatea said was accurate. Don't miss your whole life just because you're waiting for something that you might never get. You will miss a lot of good stuff.
Life does indeed suck for millions of people. Try telling the people in North Korean prisons or people who are tortured that life does not suck. Let’s not be pollyannish. Life is not a bowl of cherries or a bed of roses. That’s what Heaven is.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What sucks is people arguing over what sucks.

That said, given the etymology of the term, I am still uncomfortable with its use as an idiom. But then, if I were to examine the etymology of many common words in English, I would have to diminish my vocabulary considerably. That would also suck.

G

Galatea

What sucks is people arguing over what sucks.

That said, given the etymology of the term, I am still uncomfortable with its use as an idiom. But then, if I were to examine the etymology of many common words in English, I would have to diminish my vocabulary considerably. That would also suck.
I apologize and will watch my slang usage in future posts.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Life does indeed suck for millions of people. Try telling the people in North Korean prisons or people who are tortured that life does not suck. Let’s not be pollyannish. Life is not a bowl of cherries or a bed of roses. That’s what Heaven is.
I have learned if a person is convinced life is bad, it usually turns out bad. Nobody wants to hang around a person who sees life as a terminal illness. So everybody starts avoiding that person, which makes him even more gloomy, which ends up with the grumpy person growing old and dying as a lonely old phart.

The moral of this story is, learn to see the good in life before you chase everybody away from you.

G

Galatea

I have learned if a person is convinced life is bad, it usually turns out bad. Nobody wants to hang around a person who sees life as a terminal illness. So everybody starts avoiding that person, which makes him even more gloomy, which ends up with the grumpy person growing old and dying as a lonely old phart.

The moral of this story is, learn to see the good in life before you chase everybody away from you.
Too late, Sparky. I have already chased everyone away, and I’m already old and lonely and will remain so.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh... well then... hmm, I guess carry on with the whole gloomy, "life is terrible, and you'll never get out of it alive" thing. Have fun with that. Or not. Or something.

G

Galatea

Oh... well then... hmm, I guess carry on with the whole gloomy, "life is terrible, and you'll never get out of it alive" thing. Have fun with that. Or not. Or something.
One thing is sure- none of us will get out alive (unless the Rapture happens). Death comes to claim us all.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Obligatory song reference: Hinsons, "Remember these things," second verse
"A bowl of cherries life may be
For those who live beneath the tree
But some have only known
The awful taste of bitter seeds
For them the sun is never shining
For them the birds never sing..."
[video=youtube;cG7eBZOx-FU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG7eBZOx-FU[/video]

Sorry... I've been thinking about that song ever since this morning.

R

renewed_hope

It seems that I too, am in a waiting season in life. I've had a rough life since graduating high school, but I know it's to strengthen my relationship with Christ. I have done things that I regret and caused some emotional breakdowns the last couple years, but God has gotten a hold of me and is in the pruning process. It really hit me hard when my bf and I took a time out back in September, but after pastoral counseling I began praying for him every day and noticed small things happen in both his life and my own since we got back together...but my piece of advice when you are in a waiting season is pray for those who are important to you and trust God to take care of it. It may not go the way you want it to, but at the end of the day, God knows what he is doing and when it happens it makes the waiting worth it.

For the record, life does not suck..its more of not what you expect and you have to make the most of it and who knows what God will do with you once you give it to him, it shows maturity :)

Pen75

Nov 30, 2017
Thank you for all your replies xo