What unanswered questions arise as you read the Bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Honestly, I can't walk on water.Unless I use those very light polymer materials to cushion my feet:ROFL:
Related Joke: On each person's birthday, if they went to a restrant, they would get free ice cream. One Family would walk across the lake to get it. One of the Son's tried to walk across the lake and fell in. The Son asked rest of the Family how they walked on the Water? They said, out birthdays are in Winter.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I have wondered whether Adam and Eve had belly buttons, also.

Also if Adam was created circumcised, given foreskin represents the sinful nature, but Adam was created without sin. And similarly, would males be born already circumcised if Adam hadn't sinned?

Why females have a sinful nature, but no representation of this in the flesh (i.e. no requirement for physical circumcision to represent what is needed in their hearts).

How the sinful nature is passed on by the male, but not the female, even though Eve sinned first.

What would have happened if Eve ate the forbidden fruit, but Adam didn't?

How much less painful childbirth would have been if Adam didn't sin. Would it be painless, or still hurt but not as much?

How accidental death would be prevented if Adam didn't sin. Could people still die, but be resurrected, or would they somehow not die at all?

Whether Adam and Eve went to Heaven.

What freedom the women had (if any) that were used by the fallen angels to produce the Nephilim, and hence their level of guilt in this abomination.

Whether all snakes (or other animals) could talk in the garden of Eden, or if not, why Eve wasn't more wary when the serpent talked to her.

Why some reptiles still have legs or wings despite the curse? (Are these reptiles - such as lizards - unrelated to the original serpent, or did they somehow receive a lesser curse?)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I have wondered...
Whether all snakes (or other animals) could talk in the garden of Eden, or if not, why Eve wasn't more wary when the serpent talked to her.

Why some reptiles still have legs or wings despite the curse? (Are these reptiles - such as lizards - unrelated to the original serpent, or did they somehow receive a lesser curse?)
There is no indication that other animals in the garden could talk. There is plenty of indication that the serpent was not an ordinary snake, but rather a divine being. I'd recommend you read Michael Heiser's The Unseen Realm for further insight on this issue.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
There is no indication that other animals in the garden could talk. There is plenty of indication that the serpent was not an ordinary snake, but rather a divine being. I'd recommend you read Michael Heiser's The Unseen Realm for further insight on this issue.
Is it not possible that, before the fall, communication with animals was possible?

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
I have never understood why Lucifer/Satan would rebel against God. Satan saw God face to face, Satan knew God's love, Satan knew God's power, Satan wanted for nothing and was the most glorious of God's angels. Satan knew he couldn't win against God. Yet he fiercely rebelled against God????????????

I know that we attribute this to a sin of Satan's pride, but still, what did Satan hope to gain and how did he hope to oppose and win against God???????????????

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Is it not possible that, before the fall, communication with animals was possible?
There is no indication in Scripture of anything of the sort. It's not a matter of "possible"; it's a matter of scriptural evidence, or in this case, the complete absence thereof. :)

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
There is no indication in Scripture of anything of the sort. It's not a matter of "possible"; it's a matter of scriptural evidence, or in this case, the complete absence thereof. :)
There are plenty of things not clearly spelled out in Scripture. These things we speculate on, like where did Cain's wives come from.

P

pablocito

I have never understood why Lucifer/Satan would rebel against God. Satan saw God face to face, Satan knew God's love, Satan knew God's power, Satan wanted for nothing and was the most glorious of God's angels. Satan knew he couldn't win against God. Yet he fiercely rebelled against God????????????

I know that we attribute this to a sin of Satan's pride, but still, what did Satan hope to gain and how did he hope to oppose and win against God???????????????

You will find out the answer very soon, as you may find yourself in the same situation. Corruption.
Maybe you will share company with the one you are asking about for all eternity and surely then you will get it from the horses mouth.

soberxp

May 3, 2018

Satan may simply be a product of a program designed to test the human product's loyalty to will of God.
God doesn't test human, but Satan does.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Satan wanted to be Gods Equal.. He wanted to be a god like God and believed He was worthy to be a god like God.. Pride got to him and it caused his downfall... Prides commeth before a fall..

Satan hoped to prove that God was not worthy of being the one and only God.. Satan attempted to do this by sabotaging Gods creation. by enticing Adam and eve to take the knowledge of Good and Evil in rebellion against Gods command not to take the knowledge of good and evil...

Satan thought he could catch God between a rock and a hard place..

If God turned a blind eye to humans sin then satan could show that God was not perfect to the other Angels..
If God responded by destroying creation, destroying Adam and Eve then satan could point to the destroyed creation as Gods failure and thus again show that God was imperfect to the Angels..

Satan thought he had God defeated.. But God knew how to Redeem His creation and this prove satans claims wrong by demonstration..

notmyown

May 26, 2016
How much less painful childbirth would have been if Adam didn't sin. Would it be painless, or still hurt but not as much?
uh... given the physics of it, i'd say it would still be at least a little painful :sneaky:

oh, yeah, and the Lord said He would increase the pain of childbirth.
(it's still completely worth it ♥)

P

pablocito

Satan may simply be a product of a program designed to test the human product's loyalty to will of God.
God doesn't test human, but Satan does.
No one here in this post believes in God. You may all shout that you do, but apparently you don't. God is not a man. God's children do not quiz or question God because they understand him and thus seek only to honor and lift him up.
God's children would rather die on behalf of him than to dishonor him by foolish questions that are an abomination to him. Stephen in being martyred, looked up to heaven and asked God to forgive them for they know not what they do.
Only God can answer your questions and most of his answers are located in the bible under lock and key, and only revealed to those who would seek after him in spirit and truth.
Thus you have the answer to your question, seek him and if you seek him with all your heart, he will reveal himself to you and answer all your questions.
By now it should be obvious that the bible is like a riddle to the unrepentant, meaning that it is under lock and key.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
No one here in this post believes in God. You may all shout that you do, but apparently you don't. God is not a man. God's children do not quiz or question God because they understand him and thus seek only to honor and lift him up.
God's children would rather die on behalf of him than to dishonor him by foolish questions that are an abomination to him. Stephen in being martyred, looked up to heaven and asked God to forgive them for they know not what they do.
Only God can answer your questions and most of his answers are located in the bible under lock and key, and only revealed to those who would seek after him in spirit and truth.
Thus you have the answer to your question, seek him and if you seek him with all your heart, he will reveal himself to you and answer all your questions.
By now it should be obvious that the bible is like a riddle to the unrepentant, meaning that it is under lock and key.
Beg to differ. Yahweh is our FATHER, as a father I highly doubt He has any issue with us asking questions, just as us earthly parents don't mind our children asking questions. Yahweh wants to have a relationship with us. Part of a relationship is conversation...asking questions, etc. I also highly doubt our "foolish questions" are an abomination to Him. I imagine He might laugh at some of them (just as I laugh at my children's silly questions) but that He'd be offended? Psh. He's got "thicker skin" than that.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Thinking on this further, Abraham comes to mind. Was he "dishonoring" God by asking about Sodom? For questioning God's plan to destroy and daring to negotiate??

I'm flummoxed that a Christian wouldn't want to ask questions and have a REAL relationship with Yahweh. Also, as Jesus IS God, your statement that "God is not a man" is false. He was a man and His disciples asked questions and He gave answers. And who are you to judge which innocent questions are "an abomination"? Where is it written in scripture that asking questions is an abomination?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
God's people are notorious for asking questions of God. Habakkuk and Jeremiah leap to mind. And the disciples did the same of Jesus.
To be honest, it shouldn't be a surprise that sinful and finite beings cannot comprehend one Who is infinite and holy; One Whose thoughts and ways are high above ours.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Eliminate the impossible answer, no longer acceptable answer is the answer. The devil also believed God, but trembled, and Satan listened to God's word, as the Bible tells us. Believing and trembling and listening to God's word, why should Satan needs to rebel against God? God directly said Satan, you should not to test human, will Satan not listen? I can only understand that the ancient serpent was created cunning from the beginning, human beings were created perfect from the beginning, and even had the ability of disobedient free will. If God doesn't want to try whether the free will he created is perfect or superfluous, I can't understand all this. Of course, God can't try it himself. So a crafty one was created to entirely according to its crafty free will, and if you think this interpretation hurts the image of the perfect God in your heart, then I can only say sorry. I said it was not God who tested man, but the one who spontaneously formed by cunning free will.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
uh... given the physics of it, i'd say it would still be at least a little painful :sneaky:

oh, yeah, and the Lord said He would increase the pain of childbirth.
(it's still completely worth it ♥)
Maybe. I thought God said He would "greatly multiply". So if childbirth causes great pains today, perhaps it only caused pains then? I'm not a vet, but the experience I've had with animals, bearing young doesn't cause them great pain... Perhaps it was more like that?