What was Sunday/Saturday sermon about?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
throughout the creation account, it is the evening, and the morning were the day. this is the reckoning of time in scripture.

but in Genesis 1:16 -

the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: He made also the stars.

it is the day, and then the night.

think about it. why?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
There was no sermon we all sat in silence.

But I thought about how those who were rich were not helping or turning a blind eye to those were poor. We cant be highminded, and we need to care about others who are weaker or less fortunate than ourselves.
I read many proverbs about this, but King Solomon didnt seem to take his own advice, he just got richer and richer till he was living a lifestyle totally removed from ordinary people. That was the downfall of his kingdom, idolatry and covetousness.

K

Kim82

The importance of baptism for salvation.

The point was made that if baptism was not necessary for salvation, then the holy spirit would have carried Philip away before he baptised the Ethiopian eunuch.

The telling of the gospel involves water with baptism. That is why the Ethiopian asked to be baptised.

Acts 8: 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus. 36 And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?”[b] 38 And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing.

Another point which was made is that, Abraham was declared righteous without circumcision (Romans 4:6-10), as such, some are of the view that baptism is not apart of the gospel, and therefore no one should get baptised at all.

But circumcision which has no importance(Galatians 5:6) must not be compared with baptism to the point of saying it is not needed for salvation.

Aug 3, 2019
This morning our pastor finished a series on stewardship. Of course tithing was included but it was not the focus. He included grace giving (over and above our tithe) when able or feel called to. We learned about how everything belongs to God, we are just caretakers of what he allows us to have. Importance of not accumulating more than we need, sharing with others who have less, taking good care of things we have. I think the biggest focus was giving of ourselves, our heart, our thoughts, our time, our talents, and so on.

K

Kim82

You need to have a personal relationship with God.

Once you answer the call of God to follow Him, you must not look back.

Sometimes the unsaved are better off in a financial way. But as a Christian you are struggling financially. But God is able to see us through and we need to call upon the Lord.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The last four weeks we have been going over Jonah. It has been such a blessing.

Jul 23, 2019
hahah i don't even wanna get into what our people said to us yesterday. We've got politics goin on just like any healthy dysfunctional family.

K

Kim82

Preaching from the book of Proverbs, we were encouraged to commit our ways to the Lord, trust in Him and not rely on ourselves. Proverbs 3:5, 16:3.

When we pray, we must not tell God what we think is the solution to our problems, but ask Him to help us as He sees fit.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Visiting another church, we were able to hear on the Fruit of the Spirit based on Gal. 5.22-25.

K

Kim82

Visiting another church, we were able to hear on the Fruit of the Spirit based on Gal. 5.22-25.
I was just now reading that same scripture. Along with John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.:D

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Was your pastor not available?
This was a quaker meeting...have you never been to one before? They sit in silence. Everyone is equal. It was an interesting experience.

I think sometimes they do have speakers but the main core of the meeting is sitting in silence. Sometime people get up to say something but I cant recall what they said as I didnt write it down sorry.

Not sure if I like it all the time but the focus is meant to be on God and letting Him speak to each of us.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sermon was on Gods calling.
Scripture was from Letter to Timothy.

Paul named himself the chief sinner, but God had mercy on him.

How do we know our calling? Not just pastors are called. CHrist enables us.
We are all called to act.

K

Kim82

This Sunday's lesson was taken from John 15. We were reminded of the importance of abiding in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in order to bear fruits.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
cardiac-neural biophysics, Ecclesiastes 3 & 12, Genesis 2 & 7, Revelation 9 and Joel 2 -- we were reminded ((among many things)) to walk humbly, because it is only by His mercy anyone may stand before the ark

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the nuts and bolts of how the heart works & how it communicates with the brain.
did you know the heart has tens of thousands of neurons? brain-cells?

K

Kim82

the nuts and bolts of how the heart works & how it communicates with the brain.
did you know the heart has tens of thousands of neurons? brain-cells?
Lol I don't know about such things

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Saturday sermon was good this week. What will heaven be like? About living with God and no more sin, crying, death, or pain. Was very hopeful and making me homesick for heaven.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Last Sunday sermon was:

The Lord's death on the cross.

He suffered excruciating pain to ransom our souls back to God. Let's honor Him, living a life filled with His presence.