What was Sunday/Saturday sermon about?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kim82

The lesson was taken from John 4. The woman at the well.

Its not good enough to know about/hear about Jesus. We need to know Him for ourselves.

The woman at the well went and told others about her conversation with Jesus. After the people had heard from the woman they went to Jesus and heard for themselves what He had to say, then they were able to say to the woman: “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.” 4:42

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
From 2 timothy 3:14-4:5

Telling others about Jesus, doing the work of an evangelist. Encouraging us to preach the word, in season and out of season. Always is a good time..the gospel is Good news!

Sep 25, 2018
I had a nice day at church on Saturday, and the pastor spoke on forgiveness and avoiding self-righteousness. He played a short clip of a recent news story where the brother of a man killed by a police woman (the one where she killed him in his own home, presumably by accident) was in court, and he told the woman that he forgave her, that he wanted her to find Jesus, and then he hugged her. I don't know all the details of the story, but I thought that he showed true Christian love and forgiveness when he spoke to the woman. And it looked like the woman really appreciated and was touched by his kindness. I like to see things like that. The young man wasn't thinking of himself, but of the woman and her needs. To me, it was beautiful.

K

Kim82

The importance of studying the word of God and increasing in knowledge. However, we should not just read or hear the word of God and do nothing with the information. We should put our knowledge into action. James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

E

EliBeth

Our message was from Ephesians 6:10-20 where Paul encourages the church at Ephesus to "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes" (vs 11) and "pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests" (vs 18a). Our Pastor began by tying in Joshua 1 where Joshua takes over after Moses and God commands him not to be afraid, but that He would be with him.
*You can face challenges by relying on Christ's power. (We must put on Whole armor)
*At the same time, we have to exercise spiritually (by studying Bible, fellowshipping, praying independently and collectively).
(We find time for what we are committed to.)
*We do have an adversary and he is ruthless. (He works thru people at times and he tries to confuse us. Do not rationalize any sin.)
*Speak Gospel boldly. (Not in arrogance, but let the Word cause the confrontation.)

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Last Sunday's sermon: Matthew 13:18 Parable of the Sower

The seed represents the word of God and the different types of soil represent different types of heart.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Last Sunday's sermon was about the Rich Man and Lazarus.

The Rich Man chose the road that leads to Hell and -- no surprise -- he ended up there.

K

Kim82

When something bad happens we focus on that and forget all the other times when God helped us.

Sometimes God has to chastise us to bring us back on the right track.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Last Sunday's sermon (yesterday) was:

2 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

You're going through hardships? Just remember God is with you.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
This Sunday I was like 70% with the kids church and then 30% with the adults. From what I heard in big church they were talking about the senses. Like “taste and see that the Lord is good” and to listen to what God says.

Oct 9, 2019
The Lord will restore all the wasted years.
●All the labor you put on the place and was eaten by locusts, God will redeem.
●Judah had nothing left since everything had been eaten by the army of locusts but God fought for them.
●Some of us have been going through life stage after stage but the Lord is able to change stories.
●One condition for restoration is putting your house in order.
●The Lord is willing to hear us, change us and restore.
●God is changing the story of our lives forever.
●As for us and our household, we will serve the Lord.
●God is looking upon us with love and eyes Of Mercy.

♡♡A restored life is♡♡

● A life overflowing with vats of oil.
●A life restored from a place of hunger to satisfaction.
●One Restored to a place of praise.
●One Restored from a place of shame.

●This is a season of divine uplifting, catching up, just believe
●Your storms were meant to draw you closer to God.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Preaching was on love and respect, based on Eph. 5.21-33. That there are ways to cultivate these, restore, and energize when they are dwindling. Sometimes we can even make past blunders laughing matters, altho not always. But we can have regular retreats from our heavy, daily concerns to forget what we need to, to restore and renew relationships.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

God wants us to thank and trust Him in ALL circumstances, whether we are suffering or cheerful, before we already have what is most valuable: His grace!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the reconciliation of Genesis 2 with Leviticus 7 & 17 ((life, breath and blood)), and how Leviticus 19 points to the equivalence of Matthew 21:33-44, Genesis 2&3 and Schrödinger's cat; how that is reflected in the neuroarchitecture of the human heart, and the nature of death vs existence: what all these things teach us about the person & work of Christ as described in Colossians 1:15 - the express image of the invisible God

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
God wants us to thank and trust Him in ALL circumstances
yes, it's very good advice :)

In all things, give thanks,
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you
(1 Thessalonians 5:18)
"all"

K

Kim82

the reconciliation of Genesis 2 with Leviticus 7 & 17 ((life, breath and blood)), and how Leviticus 19 points to the equivalence of Matthew 21:33-44, Genesis 2&3 and Schrödinger's cat; how that is reflected in the neuroarchitecture of the human heart, and the nature of death vs existence: what all these things teach us about the person & work of Christ as described in Colossians 1:15 - the express image of the invisible God
Which church do you attend?

K

Kim82

Have we obeyed the gospel of God?

You can't lose your flavour and still be salt of the earth.

Do you desire the word of God everyday or just on Sunday? We must desire the word, like new born babes in need of milk.

If all you do is attend church, yet continue to do every abominable thing under the sun, are you really saved?

Are you being faithful to God in spite of sufferings?

K

Kim82

Ephesians 5:1-12

As Christians, we should be imitators of God.