What was the easiest college class you ever taken?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I'm at a point where I just want to graduate. I took a required class PSC 405 a class learning about Organized Crime. I checked out my professor on rate my professor and he was the easiest professor to pass. He has also said he won't get in the way of any student graduating. Mind you the most I learned about the Mafia was from 3-4 hour long documentaries we saw, which were interesting. Everyone who takes his class knows it's just an easy A, he gives us only two assignments all semester, a mid term and a final paper. Both very easy to do. He's not for everyone, he'll start talking about the lecture and the material but then go off topic talking about something different. Last class he and a girl had a huge debate about whether it's right or wrong to end a relationship over a text message. 80% of the class is him giving out life advice, you don't learn anything about Organized crime, but it's an easy A. I do learn a lot about other things, since he's a former detective, and shares experiences, but nothing about the actual course. Bad thing is he already gave us our assignment for the final (about MLK letter from prison), meaning anything he talks about for the rest of the semester, becomes completely pointless.

Point is, I would take him for my capstone class since I just care about graduating and don't want unnecessary obstacles like what happened to me last time. This semester has been great and I sort of redeemed myself from 2 years ago. Anyway, anyone have any stories about easy college courses? Courses are as easy or difficult depending on the professor.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i mean, PE courses are easy.

i learned to play racquetball - it wrecked my tennis game ((shorter racquet & smaller head - goodbye tennis muscle memory)), but i wasn't playing tennis anymore anyway. the only exams were one about the rules and one about general health. apart from that, you just had to show up, which i did eagerly, and stayed late to play more, and ended up meeting with the teacher and a couple other students pretty often for the rest of my time in undergrad just to play.

then there are seminars - where you don't do anything at all, just attend talks once a week. literally no requirement other than showing up.

probably the easiest classes i've taken were free studio time towards my art degree tho - like racquetball, i would have showed up anyway, and made pottery or sculpture etc even if it wasn't for credit, but with the studio classes there were no exams whatsoever either: just critiques every few weeks where all the working artists got together, looked at each others works, and talked about them. as long as you were producing something and could talk intelligently about it you were going to pass; only way to fail was to have nothing to show for yourself. i put in a lot of hard work in studio, but it wasn't 'work' to me because i loved what i was doing.

in your situation, i wouldn't look for something 'easy' -- if you're about to graduate, think about what you really love to do, what you'd enjoy spending time looking into and learning about, but haven't. flip through the course catalog for whatever looks interesting to you, and do it. once you get out of college, it's really hard to go back -- the longer you stay away, the harder it will be. look at this as an opportunity that you can get something actually useful out of, not the least painful way to waste 4 to 6 hours a week. it could be your last chance -- look through the catalog for what, some years from now, you might regret not having taken.

((of course, this attitude is why post has like 15 years of university education spread out across all kinds of departments LOL))

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
My first semester was filled with PE classes. When I think about how much I spent, I sigh and smh at me. I will say that it was fun, running from weight training course, to swimming, then...lol. Boy did I get a lecture from my folks, lol. Those college days are long, long ago, lol.

Would have love to hear the debate on ending a relationship over text. Sounds like this professor is very interesting, lol @Him going off topic.

Apr 8, 2019
I have to agree with the P.E. courses, I took a badminton course and that was the easiest thing I've ever done for school. I'd recomend a P.E. one if you're looking for something interesting since otherwise you might end up in a really boring class and not get anything out of it. At least this way you're doing something fun and exercising.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Vocabulary bc I like word meanings and
English bc I had a cool teacher.

The teacher can make all the difference if a class seems easy or hard/dull imo.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
My first course of Liberal arts math was the easiest class I've ever taken. He went through something for about 10 mins and there were a few questions to do. If you got it you left. If you didn't you stayed.

My second was like that also but it was a tad harder with a different teacher.

All I can say is I should have CLEP'd the courses most definitely. Waste of debt.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
My freshmen year I signed up for a course called Walking. I thought well there couldn't be anything easier than that... then when it began they changed it to Country Line Dancing....and all I can say about that is...Ughhh...lol