what will we be doing once we're in heaven with God (either by rapture or death)?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rolene35

Mar 12, 2020
Singing praises to God and?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
This free audio book is a most beautiful rendition of a vision of heaven this lady, Rebecca Ruter Springer, had years ago.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"This to be an extraordinary mystery of peace, of which cannot begin to be
fathomed here in the now. And, spiritual preparation, being of utmost significance.
And, make no mistake, in vain shall be many, this too has been told of...~to be~"

animated-dove-gif-8 - Copy - Copy.gif

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Being in his presence alone will exhilarate us to the point that we will be endlessly fascinated.
Don't underestimate the power of his mere presence.

The creator God has depths beyond our human understanding. He has so much to teach us and show us.
The new heavens and earth will certainly be awesome to behold. Read the Old Testament more. You'll catch a glimpse.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I look forward to the (Eternal) New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, not the temporal place currently in heaven.

The New Heaven And Earth will be a completely new Creation, river and tree of life, 12 fruits on the tree for food, fish, nets, and fishermen?

Isaiah Below shows Houses Built, Vineyards Planted, Fruit Eaten, the Wolf and Lamb feeding together?

Sorta like a remake of the garden of Eden, enjoyed in glorified eternal bodies?

Isaiah 65:17-25KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Ezekiel 47:1-12KJV
1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.
2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.
4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.
5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.
6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.
7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I look forward to the (Eternal) New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem.

Taking a look specifically at (New Jerusalem) below, John must have been in Awe, when trying to put it into the words seen below?

Revelation 21:1-27KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rolene35

Mar 12, 2020
Being in his presence alone will exhilarate us to the point that we will be endlessly fascinated.
Don't underestimate the power of his mere presence.

The creator God has depths beyond our human understanding. He has so much to teach us and show us.
The new heavens and earth will certainly be awesome to behold. Read the Old Testament more. You'll catch a glimpse.
Thank you for responding to my post Lucy. I will take your advice.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
i will be floating around looking for cigarettes.

Rolene35

Mar 12, 2020
I look forward to the (Eternal) New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem.

Taking a look specifically at (New Jerusalem) below, John must have been in Awe, when trying to put it into the words seen below?

Revelation 21:1-27KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Thank you for answering my question. I'll study these passages.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Thank you for responding to my post Lucy. I will take your advice.
It's good to talk about this. I don't think we- as Christians, examine this subject enough.

“Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard,
And which have not entered the heart of man,
All that God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1 Cor 2:9 NASB)

The Apostle is quoting from Isaiah 64 here.
He goes on to say that God can reveal these things to us by his Spirit! So you aren't alone when you read his word.
I reckon he will show you things he hasn't revealed to me.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
1 Cor 15:28 And when all things have been subjected to Him,
then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put all things under Him,
so that God may be all in all.

Psa 5:11 But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them ever shout for joy.
May You shelter them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in You.

Rev 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,
and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain,
for the former things have passed away.

1 Cor 13:12 Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
:love: One thing I look forward to more than anything else is this: (Zeph 3:14 CSB)

"The Lord your God is among you,
a warrior who saves.
He will rejoice over you with gladness.
He will be quiet in his love.
He will delight in you with singing.”

This reference is on earth but my point is that HE SINGS! God Sings!
We have all heard some stunning human voices.
I'd bet everything I own that they don't match the awesome beauty of the voice of Almighty God Yahweh.
God sings ! I can't wait!

He rejoices, sings and laughs.

Dec 12, 2013
Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard......IN a glorified, celestial, eternal, timeless body of power and in the presence of the living God.....pretty sure it will be a one off experience.....!!

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
:love: One thing I look forward to more than anything else is this: (Zeph 3:14 CSB)

"The Lord your God is among you,
a warrior who saves.
He will rejoice over you with gladness.
He will be quiet in his love.
He will delight in you with singing.”

This reference is on earth but my point is that HE SINGS! God Sings!
We have all heard some stunning human voices.
I'd bet everything I own that they don't match the awesome beauty of the voice of Almighty God Yahweh.
God sings ! I can't wait!

He rejoices, sings and laughs.

My mistake!

It's Zephaniah 3:17 Not 3:14 :rolleyes:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My mistake!

It's Zephaniah 3:17 Not 3:14 :rolleyes:
And now we are demonstrated the importance of not just supplying numbers of chapter and verse but the W"ORDS must be, ho ho. It still is a grat blessing, and remember, the numbers were not there for the first believers....

Rolene35

Mar 12, 2020
Thank you All! I've been feeling a bit worn down lately. I'll be baptised in September and not sure why these doubting questions are getting into my mind. I am going to trust and have faith in the Good Lord that his plan for me (and all of us) is what is best. You have all helped me to get my understanding back on the right track. Thank you!