What will we eat in Heaven - according to scripture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scribe

What is truly amazing, is that I ask a serious question, for real Bible study, about the things of Heaven and of the future New Heaven/Earth, and what do I get from many who call themselves sober-minded "christians"? They want to discuss imaginary things, things of their own carnal desire, and the things of this present fallen earth. It really goes to show what is upon the hearts, as out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, and out of the heart are the issues of life.

The Bible has so many wonderful things to say about the future hope, and yet, where are the minds and desires of those who presently call themselves "christian"?
Or.. they were joking?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What is truly amazing, is that I ask a serious question, for real Bible study, about the things of Heaven and of the future New Heaven/Earth, and what do I get from many who call themselves sober-minded "christians"? They want to discuss imaginary things, things of their own carnal desire, and the things of this present fallen earth. It really goes to show what is upon the hearts, as out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, and out of the heart are the issues of life.

The Bible has so many wonderful things to say about the future hope, and yet, where are the minds and desires of those who presently call themselves "christian"?
The premise of the OP is what will we eat in heaven according to scripture. According to scripture, after Jesus rose from the dead He had both a physical and spiritual body, He ate with the Apostles fish and drank with them. We will have the same type of body and will, by this example mentioned, eat and drink as well.

Perhaps eating food is a carnal desire but if that is true than Jesus had a carnal desire as well.

First thing that I want to eat in heaven is a Big Mac from McDonald's, with large fries and large strawberry shake topped with whip cream and a cherry. Oh, I want the fries the way they used to be fried in beef tallow and not vegetable oil. Gonna need a fried apple pie fried in beef tallow. Baked apple pies are unacceptable.

God has stated that we can't even begin to imagine what He has in store for those that love Him.

None of the responses have been based on imaginary things. One member mentioned Tacos, another chicken wings. I am down with both of those choices too. Those are real things and not imaginary. You wrote an OP to solicit responses yet look down on those that responded in a way contrary to your own perception.

Now, what food would you like to eat in heaven?

S

Scribe

All joking and entertainment guesses aside, My final answer to that question would be that no one knows, and any guess that you imagine is not it because....

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Most people abuse (ie "wrest") that verse from its contextual meaning.

Scripture gives plenty about the food and things we shall eat in the 'here after'.

S

Scribe

This may help some understand:

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

No wonder he has a sheepskin pulpit. Was he teaching that Pauls words about counting all things loss were about giving up certain foods? I hope I misunderstood.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
All joking and entertainment guesses aside, My final answer to that question would be that no one knows, and any guess that you imagine is not it because....

Yes, we are not to know exactly what we will be except "like God." 1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

He was a Spirit when He feasted with Abraham on the plains of Mambre, but did He need to? Spirits do not need to eat: Psa. 50:12 "If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof."

But wait: What is with all this sweet savour?

Gen_8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Exo_29:18 And thou shalt burn the whole ram upon the altar: it is a burnt offering unto the LORD: it is a sweet savour, an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

Exo_29:25 And thou shalt receive them of their hands, and burn them upon the altar for a burnt offering, for a sweet savour before the LORD: it is an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

Exo_29:41 And the other lamb thou shalt offer at even, and shalt do thereto according to the meat offering of the morning, and according to the drink offering thereof, for a sweet savour, an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

Lev_1:9 But his inwards and his legs shall he wash in water: and the priest shall burn all on the altar, to be a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Lev_1:13 But he shall wash the inwards and the legs with water: and the priest shall bring it all, and burn it upon the altar: it is a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Lev_1:17 And he shall cleave it with the wings thereof, but shall not divide it asunder: and the priest shall burn it upon the altar, upon the wood that is upon the fire: it is a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Lev_2:2 And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons the priests: and he shall take thereout his handful of the flour thereof, and of the oil thereof, with all the frankincense thereof; and the priest shall burn the memorial of it upon the altar, to be an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD:

Lev_2:9 And the priest shall take from the meat offering a memorial thereof, and shall burn it upon the altar: it is an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Lev_2:12 As for the oblation of the firstfruits, ye shall offer them unto the LORD: but they shall not be burnt on the altar for a sweet savour.

Lev_3:5 And Aaron's sons shall burn it on the altar upon the burnt sacrifice, which is upon the wood that is on the fire: it is an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Num_15:3 And will make an offering by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, or a sacrifice in performing a vow, or in a freewill offering, or in your solemn feasts, to make a sweet savour unto the LORD, of the herd, or of the flock:

Num_15:7 And for a drink offering thou shalt offer the third part of an hin of wine, for a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Num_15:10 And thou shalt bring for a drink offering half an hin of wine, for an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Num_15:13 All that are born of the country shall do these things after this manner, in offering an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Num_15:14 And if a stranger sojourn with you, or whosoever be among you in your generations, and will offer an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD; as ye do, so he shall do.

Num_15:24 Then it shall be, if ought be committed by ignorance without the knowledge of the congregation, that all the congregation shall offer one young bullock for a burnt offering, for a sweet savour unto the LORD, with his meat offering, and his drink offering, according to the manner, and one kid of the goats for a sin offering.

Num_18:17 But the firstling of a cow, or the firstling of a sheep, or the firstling of a goat, thou shalt not redeem; they are holy: thou shalt sprinkle their blood upon the altar, and shalt burn their fat for an offering made by fire, for a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Num_28:2 Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, My offering, and my bread for my sacrifices made by fire, for a sweet savour unto me, shall ye observe to offer unto me in their due season.

Num_28:6 It is a continual burnt offering, which was ordained in mount Sinai for a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD.

Num_28:8 And the other lamb shalt thou offer at even: as the meat offering of the morning, and as the drink offering thereof, thou shalt offer it, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Num_28:13 And a several tenth deal of flour mingled with oil for a meat offering unto one lamb; for a burnt offering of a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD.

Num_28:24 After this manner ye shall offer daily, throughout the seven days, the meat of the sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD: it shall be offered beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

Num_28:27 But ye shall offer the burnt offering for a sweet savour unto the LORD; two young bullocks, one ram, seven lambs of the first year;

Eze_6:13 Then shall ye know that I am the LORD, when their slain men shall be among their idols round about their altars, upon every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the place where they did offer sweet savour to all their idols.

Eze_16:19 My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD.

Eze_20:28 For when I had brought them into the land, for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to them, then they saw every high hill, and all the thick trees, and they offered there their sacrifices, and there they presented the provocation of their offering: there also they made their sweet savour, and poured out there their drink offerings.

Eze_20:41 I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen.

2Co_2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

Another thing we will just have to wait and ask Him when face to face. :cool:(y)

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth
This passage is always misused, as Peter warned about Paul:

2Pe_3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

If you consider the words carefully in 1 Timothy 4, and understand the words used, like "βρωματων" (just means foods), and the words "which God hath created", as a reference back unto Genesis, wherein that which was for "meat" (Genesis 1:29-30) was plant-based, and nothing of animal flesh.

It is speaking of that false religion (Revelation 17) which imposes upon mankind unscriptural (notice, not of God's word) restrictions and all manner of 'fastings' from that which is actually from God to be "received with thanksgiving". This system, stands inbetween God and the persons, and imposes unscriptural restrictions. It is not enforcing scriptural restrictions, but through their vain tradition, negating God's own words.

Notice the connecting words:

1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.​

That which God created for food, must be found to be in the Bible, and thus "sanctified" (set aside by God) for food, and then also "prayer". Praying over that which was never sanctified for food (such as pig, etc), is merely mockery to God.

That same counterfeit system (Revelation 17), also imposes between God and mankind in regards marriage, in that it restricts ("forbids") marriage amongst certain peoples, and there is a system on earth which forbids its priest-class to marry.

1 Timothy 4 is not in favour of 'the diet' many eat today, and claim God sanctifies.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

"earthly things" pertains to venue. In other words: the kingdom of God,
about which Jesus spoke, will be set up on the Earth, with him as king,
sitting on David's throne and ruling the whole planet from Jerusalem

He who comes from above is above all;
he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth.

(John 3:31)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

2Pe_3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
If you consider the words carefully in 1 Timothy 4, and understand the words used, like "βρωματων" (just means foods), and the words "which God hath created", as a reference back unto Genesis, wherein that which was for "meat" (Genesis 1:29-30) was plant-based, and nothing of animal flesh.
Genesis 9:3 happens to also be scripture.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That which God created for food, must be found to be in the Bible
Christ, resurrected, both ate and cooked fish.
even the law requires the eating of lamb -- Pascha.

This system, stands inbetween God and the persons, and imposes unscriptural restrictions. It is not enforcing scriptural restrictions, but through their vain tradition, negating God's own words.
and what kind of system of restrictions are you talking about, forbidding the eating of meat?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Yeah, that's the paradigm that I usually operate under.:).
the uncertainty principle reveals that the universe has a 'built-in' limit beneath which it is impossible for those existing within it to perceive or manipulate. nothing below Planck-length can be observed in position & velocity simultaneously - and there are also many analogous uncertainty relations in other fields besides momentum stemming from the same basic principles of quanta. this means that the only entity capable of translating without transcription error is the One who sees what is unseen -- and He must be uncreated, outside of creation, unconstrained by it. He resurrects. no one else can.

in fact by the Copenhagen interpretation of 'the observer effect', the material universe does not exist until observed - so that because it simultaneously has a 'least-observable-scale' there must be One who observes what cannot be observed by the universe itself, else there is no universe. the fundamental physics of creation implies & requires an uncreated Creator.

Nothing is hidden from Him, all things are by Him and through Him, and He holds all things together. this is physics. His invisible qualities are clearly seen by that which has been made ;)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
First thing that I want to eat in heaven is a Big Mac from McDonald's, with large fries and large strawberry shake topped with whip cream and a cherry. Oh, I want the fries the way they used to be fried in beef tallow and not vegetable oil. Gonna need a fried apple pie fried in beef tallow. Baked apple pies are unacceptable.
especially the fries :D

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I am surmising then that you are more of a KFC type of guy and that's alright. I prefer the original over the extra crispy but that's just me.
around here we have single establishments that combine KFC & Taco Bell. one orders from both or either restaurant from a single register. however they won't give me a soft taco with brown gravy, or an extra-crispy mashed-potato 7 layer burrito. believe me i've tried.
do you think in heaven we will be able to take hold of such ideals as these, that men forbid on earth?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
What will we eat in Heaven (also New Heaven and New Earth) - according to scripture?
First you should probably determine IF it's Heaven or New Heaven or New Earth right?

Y'all can go where ever y'all wants..............as for me and my house, we will be in Heaven with our Lord God.

Now, as for what I'm going to be eating.........NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON ALIVE TODAY HAS ANY FACTUAL IDEA. At best, folks can offer an opinion, and that's it, and I assure you folks will...........

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
around here we have single establishments that combine KFC & Taco Bell. one orders from both or either restaurant from a single register. however they won't give me a soft taco with brown gravy, or an extra-crispy mashed-potato 7 layer burrito. believe me i've tried.
do you think in heaven we will be able to take hold of such ideals as these, that men forbid on earth?
Clearly they are life sustaining and their nourishment content is directly reflected in your pristine physique.........

posthuman.jpg

"Y'all want fries with that?"

laughing.png

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I read somewhere, as there is no death in heaven when you pick a fruit or flower another one grows straight back. I guess we will see when the time comes.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Physical bodies NEED physical food to exist...............

SPIRITUAL bodies need SPIRITUAL food to exist......

Do people REALLY THING we'll be urinating and defecating in Heaven? Seriously? That is what will have to happen if people are eating and drinking physical foods..........

S

Scribe

2Pe_3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

It is speaking of that false religion (Revelation 17) which imposes upon mankind unscriptural (notice, not of God's word) restrictions and all manner of 'fastings' from that which is actually from God to be "received with thanksgiving". This system, stands inbetween God and the persons, and imposes unscriptural restrictions. It is not enforcing scriptural restrictions, but through their vain tradition, negating God's own words.

Notice the connecting words:

1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.​

That which God created for food, must be found to be in the Bible, and thus "sanctified" (set aside by God) for food, and then also "prayer". Praying over that which was never sanctified for food (such as pig, etc), is merely mockery to God.

That same counterfeit system (Revelation 17), also imposes between God and mankind in regards marriage, in that it restricts ("forbids") marriage amongst certain peoples, and there is a system on earth which forbids its priest-class to marry.

1 Timothy 4 is not in favour of 'the diet' many eat today, and claim God sanctifies.
Did you just contradict your own teaching?