What would Jesus say about evolution?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DannyC

the nerves in the extremities are pretty long in general...and these are also the body parts that are subjected to the most movement...so there is nothing to indicate that their length -isn't- advantageous... logically speaking you can't say with certainty that it isn't advantageous because by definition we have no examples of extremities with short nerves to compare...

nerves -can- be damaged by stretching...for example that is a common injury in the long thoracic nerve...so it -would- be advantageous for a nerve to be able to accommodate stretching...and the longer something is the more easily it accommodates stretching because the tension is spread out over the entire length...
The neck is not subjected to most movement, also you point that it can't be known to be not certainly advantageous is actually wrong. Apart from the almost all biologists, you have made a statement about biological economies, they are detailed and very well studied, the main body of science confirms the poor attempt at the loop of the laryngael nerve provids absolutely no benifit. So unless you cite a single source for your claim that nerves need to loop around the heart in order for us to bend our necks or provide less stress, then your claim is unfounded. You then say we have no examples of extremities with short nerves, yet like I said all our nerves don't feature this kind of wasteful biology. Not to mention even if we agree with your point nothing stops the creator from just making a nerve with extra length and packing it beside the larynx instead of looping it around the heart which is a vital organ. None of my points have been met about a poor creator.

Your nonsense about nerves stretching is self contadictory the long thoracic nerve is damaged due to its superficial length, that completely reverses your argument.

So the basic principles stand. The nerve does not need to be that length. The creator could create it long enough and could make it compact instead of looping it around the heart. The looping around the heart complies with evolutionary theory. Also your point raises a further question, why did the creator not make is so that the long thoracic nerve does not easily damage? Another poor design. So we have two very obvious poor designs.

G

Graybeard

DannyC...your futile attempts at trying to prove that God's creation is flawed and that He makes mistakes is despicable. If you are not here to seek Truth who Jesus Christ is then what are your intentions?

D

DannyC

DannyC...your futile attempts at trying to prove that God's creation is flawed and that He makes mistakes is despicable. If you are not here to seek Truth who Jesus Christ is then what are your intentions?
Instead of claiming that my points are futile maybe you should address them.

May 5, 2013
How does the looping around the heart comply with evolution theory?
Seriously, I don't know.

D

danschance

I thought this thread was about what Jesus would say about evolution?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I'm not sure whether you are inquiring with genuine interest and have not studied the theory of Evolution and you have been given a sort of pseudo version of Evolution and are just misinformed or are you trying to use a 'Gotcha line' and disprove an entire body of work. If it is the second, then you will be embarresed as I explain how uneducated that statement is.

I will assume you are genuinely interested. We didn't in fact evolve from modern apes in fact modern apes and us never evolved into or from each other. We are a species of great ape and so are Chimpanzees, any observer will note the close similarities we share with these fine creatures.

The theory of evolution details that in fact we evolved from a common ancestor and so did the modern Chimpanzee, our species and the Chimpanzee diverged at a point in history from our shared common ancestor. Our evolution and the Chimpanzees are not interchangable. We didn't in fact evolve from Chimpanzees. There is also a fine set of human skeletons detailing our evolution, in fact human evolution is one of the best recorded in the geology record.
ThankYou for your take on the evolution matter, tell me whether evolution true or false, what does it do to salvation thotrugh Christ does it change Christ as high Priest, does it make others rigth and saved while do not see this as a needed knowledge.
We are here today known as Human Beings created by God accordingly for God and given free Choice to either believe God or not.
belief in Evolution or not how does this change belief in Christ or not? What Jesus would say is put down our foolish arguements and believe on him, see what he did for us all at the cross and just love one another as God loves you.
And its okay for me if you see we evovlved. I just read theword for what I see it to say and it starts with Adam and Eve and what they did to cause a glitch in us as well, then god came with Christ and restored us the Spirit of God. Now when I get home I will know all things and the same for you if you beleive too.
Thanks again

A

Ariel82

Please forgive my improper use of English.
its ok, but there is a difference and switching the words makes for confusing conversation.

How about the idea that Adam and Eve were the first homo sapiens with an eternal soul? But that doesn't mean that others weren't around first.

For example: Who did Cain think might kill him if there weren't any other people on the earth? And how did he build a city if there were only a few people around? Who did he marry?

I don't believe it because it would imply that God created some humans without souls and that would lead to a basis of discrimination and genocide.

D

DannyC

How does the looping around the heart comply with evolution theory?
Seriously, I don't know.
It would take awhile to explain but it basically highlights economy growth and the evolution of mammals from fish. It also shows that if a creator made that animal then it was a poor creator.

Mar 15, 2013
When one has not yet really come to know God, they do not understand that even this earth shakes and moves right now because God allows earthquakes as a part of the way that he has told us overe and over in the OT that he would move the earth and shake wickedness out of it.

It would be nothing for God to cause the release of pressures within this earth's crust and control the flow of that release that the earth's surface would be stable and never so convulse. But why should God do that for a mankind that would only stay stuck in their selfishness, killing each other anyway?

First we must wake up and then he will return this earth to it's pristine state.

All of us should know that God cannot ever be thwarted out of achieving His goals or purposes. If God says it, there ought to be absolutely know doubt that it will come to be exactly as he said it would. And we see at places like as Isaiah chapter 46 that this is because he speaks it and he also makes it happen despite any rebellious force that may oppose Him.

Isaiah 46:8 "Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors{in other words you who oppose me}.
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness{again, those who oppose Him}:
13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory."

So ask yourselves: Where in the scriptures do we ever find that it was God's purpose fro this earth to become uninhabited?

The answer is Given us by God himself: Psalms 2:8 "Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession."

Psalms 78:69 "And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever."

Psalms 104:1, 5, 30 "Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. ...... Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. .......... Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth."

Psalms 115:16 "The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men."

Genesis 1:27-28 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Psalms 119:90 "Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth."

Proverbs 3:19 "The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens."

Proverbs 10:30 "The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth."

Ecclesiastes 1:4 "One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever."

Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."

What is God's purpose for this earth gentleman? What is God's purpose for man?

When the Bible speaks of that new earth it is referring to the same as David here spoke: Psalms 104:1, 5, 30 "Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. ...... Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. .......... Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth."

May 5, 2013
It would take awhile to explain but it basically highlights economy growth and the evolution of mammals from fish. It also shows that if a creator made that animal then it was a poor creator.
I still don't quite get it, but you said it would take long.
But it sounds like it makes for poor evolution as well.

If its wrapped around our heart maybe it has a purpose, like when your ''heart breaks'' ? or when your in love and feel it in your chest, maybe it has to do with that.

Maybe God uses it to ''tug at your heart strings''

May 12, 2013
No. I'm not going out of my way to find the bible verse.

Adam and Eve were being kicked out of the garden after being persuadede by Satan. And God said
" Behold man has become as one of us, to know the difference between good and evil. And now he needs to take and eat of the tree of life, eat, and live forever."
Or whatever. I dont even know why you asked that. It wsnt relevant to my post at all. I was only correcting other chicks typo. But w/ e. Its in Genesis somwhere.
Actually there were two trees. The tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Adam ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 2:17 God says
"in the day that thou hast eatest thereof thou shalt surely die"

But that's not true because Adam lived for another 930 years. (Genesis 5:5)

F

feedm3

"Talking to animals, made of fire, light," etc...are assumptions anyways. Made in His image does not mean we will have his attributes nor the characteristics that ONLY belong to Him. Nor does it mean He must have a fleshly body. We were created as intelligent beings, with the breath of life, and a mind to understand His will, unlike the rest of creation that is not in his image.

May 12, 2013
It depends on how scientifically educated Jesus was.

If he was up to date on science he would know that the genetic proof shows that the human
population cannot be traced back to fewer than 10,000 people. Therefore it disproves an
original man and woman. (No Adam or Eve)

If there's no Adam and Eve there's no original sin.

If there's no original sin there's no need for salvation.

By this point Jesus may question his own existence.

But we all know that if science contradicts the Bible then the Bible is the winner!

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2012
My guess is he would have had a parable because his disciples wouldn't understand how wonderful it is that all life is connected. They would have scoffed at the idea that they are related to monkeys; I suppose Jesus would have said something like "Truly truly I tell you..."
Why would He mention something which does not exist in the first place?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
just a fair question,,,if you believe that you evolved,,,,why do you not accept that you might evolve further in your evolution growth and eventually have no other choice but to yield to the fact that you were created as thus instead of evolved?

i mean be fair to your own self,that is how do you know our fore fathers did not progress faster than yours and we are just winking at each other? now people are starving all over the planet,dying from all types of illnesses. we began all history with clean air,clean water,,,,but it is no longer.

scientist say,,,well these well evolved devils gave us pollution,army tanks,firearms,man made illnesses,,financial problems,,wars,,ozone depletion,,,ect. ect. ect.

now you say they evolved,,yet all the proof we have in our possession is they dis-evolved,,,,as you think the earth's food supply fed it for millions of years,,,yet the ingenious scientist decided to create gmo seed and hybrid as if there were no proof they did not need to be evolved.

you may believe the earth evolved,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but the rest of the world is "winking at you,patting you on the back,,,,and waiting for you all to catch up",,,,,,,,,,,,,

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Actually there were two trees. The tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

The Soul Spirit died that was connected to God. Alive yes in the flesh, and this is why the tree of life (Jesus Christ) came to redeem us. By the death, burial, as proof of the death for each one of us that believe, then we are raised back to a new life in the Spirit of God, with unredeemed bodies as of yet. So this is why we are to walk in the Spirit of God, being born again by the resurrection of Christ, study the word and see fr yourself. The fight today is between God's Holy Spirit and flesh

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
It depends on how scientifically educated Jesus was.

If he was up to date on science he would know that the genetic proof shows that the human
population cannot be traced back to fewer than 10,000 people. Therefore it disproves an
original man and woman. (No Adam or Eve)

If there's no Adam and Eve there's no original sin.

If there's no original sin there's no need for salvation.

By this point Jesus may question his own existence.

But we all know that if science contradicts the Bible then the Bible is the winner!
Actually God is the winner, the Bible is a tool, no matter which way it ois sliced, diced and or cubed, makes no differance, GOD is the winner

Mar 15, 2013
"Talking to animals, made of fire, light," etc...are assumptions anyways. Made in His image does not mean we will have his attributes nor the characteristics that ONLY belong to Him. Nor does it mean He must have a fleshly body. We were created as intelligent beings, with the breath of life, and a mind to understand His will, unlike the rest of creation that is not in his image.

AND EXACTLY HOW DO YOU GATHER THAT IDEA FROM WHAT THE SCRIPTURES SPEAK?

1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

SO THEN, HOW CAN WE HAVE CHRIST'S MIND AND LACK GOD'S ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTER? CHRIST HAS THEM AND IF WE DO NOT THEN WE HAVE NOT CHRIST'S MIND AND MUST NOT BE HIS.

1 Peter 4:1 "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin."

IT TAKES THOSE ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTER TO BE ABLE AND DO THAT.

Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST IF WE ARE OBEDIENT TO DOING THAT AND WE THUS HAVE GOD'S ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTER IN US SO THAT WE OUR ABLE TO BEAR THE GLORY OF HIS IMAGE.

2 Corinthians 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

M

MatthewMichael

"this is what happens when finite minds try and understand things that they were never meant to understand." I think He would either say that, or He'd just laugh....:D
I see what you're trying to say sister, but I have to disagree. I think he'd expect those finite minds to consult the book he provided, which is the most accurate historical volume in all of recorded history and is completely incompatible with the evolution of kinds, and I think he would weep.

May 15, 2013

Other species on this earth has short lifespan, but to them it might seem that they had lived a long life, but to us we preceived it as very short lifespan. Say if it was possible that if a person can fall from something that is a billion miles high; and if someone that has fallen with the person at the same time and they didn't have any perception on their surroundings ( nothing to measure their speed as they fell) as they are falling. To each other, it might seem as it was a very long fall that it had taken a very long time for them to hit the ground. it's says in the scriptures that life of a person is compared to as if it were a vapor, but from what we perceive it was a very long life. Time is just an illusion which we has use our surrounding to measure it.

Genesis 1
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

James 4
13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”