What would woman’s role be if we only listened to the Lord?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Scripture tells us a lot about the role God gives man and women. Man is created of earth, women is created of the flesh of man. She was created to fill the need of man for a helpmate and companion. Genesis 2: 18 The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” This helper and companion is flesh of man’s flesh so she is his equal and like him in many ways.

The first command given to this couple was to have sex. Genesis 1:28 “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it.’ This sex was to be within marriage. Hebrews 13:4 “Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.” From this we learn that sex has two purposes: to create babies and to reunite man and woman. Homosexuality violates the way our world was created to be.

What has always bewildered man is what God means by telling us that man is created as the head of woman. 1 Corinthians 11:3 “But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.”

God created our world to be filled with abundance and joy if we follow Him, yet man has used God's designation of man being the head of woman to create much unhappiness so something is wrong. What do you think it is?

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
Scripture tells us a lot about the role God gives man and women. Man is created of earth, women is created of the flesh of man. She was created to fill the need of man for a helpmate and companion. Genesis 2: 18 The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” This helper and companion is flesh of man’s flesh so she is his equal and like him in many ways.

The first command given to this couple was to have sex. Genesis 1:28 “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it.’ This sex was to be within marriage. Hebrews 13:4 “Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.” From this we learn that sex has two purposes: to create babies and to reunite man and woman. Homosexuality violates the way our world was created to be.

What has always bewildered man is what God means by telling us that man is created as the head of woman. 1 Corinthians 11:3 “But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.”

God created our world to be filled with abundance and joy if we follow Him, yet man has used God's designation of man being the head of woman to create much unhappiness so something is wrong. What do you think it is?
First i would point out that man was not created of earth as many supose and you indicated. This aplies to everything created but when it came to man the word created is not used. "God formed man out of the dust of the ground and breated in him the breath of life and man became a living being. Convinced this is not refering to flesh and blood but living in the presence of God, eternal being, that we were in Him before the creation. But man had to be exposed as loving the creature more than God and the woman had to take the fall to expose the man. Much like Natan said to David: Your the man. In this state man is unable to Love His wife as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself for her." The remedy is in fellowship of the sufferings of Christ, to be made conformed to His death, so that we loose identity in the flesh and have identity in Christ.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
If we listened, not just as hearers but obeyed and Loved the Lord from the heart, womens role would be to fulfil the desire of his heart. "Delight yoursef in the Lord and He will fulfil the desire of your heart." Note that obeying in order to get what you want will not. "You ask amis to consume it on your lust."

"The way of a man with a maiden"
A new relationship effortlessly drawn to Love:
"Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth willbe bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they shall ask, it will be done for them of my Father in heaven. For where two ormore gather in My Name, there I Am with them.”
The Song of songs is the similarity of romantic love and friendship Love with God. Love is its own reward motivating therelationship of its own accord, to cease from ourselves and find rest in the Beloved. Just as when thanksgiving rules the heart, what we see and hear, reason and speak, or eat and drink, does not distract from Love, our prayer is no longer to be filled with words but agreement of Love. Agreement more wonderful than we could dream becomes reality and nothing else real. Likewise when God is our first Love we enter into the wisdom of God as reality and nothing else real. "From now on we know no man after the flesh." "Without Love I am nothing." This is not too wonderful to experience in romantic love, but we don’t attain to remain on this mountaintop. "In the world you will have trouble, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." When we desire to be borne emotionally by our mate, we sink in a relationship of expectations, rather than a relationship with the Lord. While we are not One with God as we should, the relationship becomes work. We long to be loved intimately and carried emotionally but having left our first Love; what was once effortless is now tiring. We suffer many ups and down to learn to cease from ourselves and find our rest in God: even trying to impress our mate we don't Love as God Loves, but God is with us in trouble and we can’t without Him put away our divided spirit that interrupted Him. To guard our hearts from taking things in our hands again by the influence of Grace. When there is no one left to distract us, Jesus is the Door and the Way." To cease planning and wishing with imagination and enter in a journey of discovery we can’t imagine. The inner life of Jesus is hidden in solitude and unless we are led by His Spirit we don't know the Way. Admiration worship is in secret, to find Him openly in everything. "He that is joined to the Lord becomes one Spirit with Him." "The Spirit helps us in our infirmities, as we don't know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groans that can’t be uttered."

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014

I would say, if man and woman would handle according the bible says, it would be that what God wants. Read f.e. eph.5. , but because man and woman misuse their role, it becomes what we find in our world. Tell a woman in the western world, that she should accept the man as her head, you must be fear to be stoned to death.
Tell a man that his role is to love his wife, but not to dominate her, you will find not much positive respinse.

Oct 12, 2019
What if the two became one? Can "one" fight against itself?

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
God spoke 4 Himself. When reading Paul's writings, we must remember that sometimes he wrote what God says, and other times he wrote what he believed to be best.

Distinguishing between the two is vital to determine if what Paul wrote was a commandment from God, or his idea of how people should live.

Commandments must be obeyed, but following good advice is optional. It is not a sin to NOT follow Paul's advice, nor is his advice to be taken as a commandment from God.

When considering a woman's "role", this is vital in correctly understanding Scripture.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I think often men consider women as their "help meet", but the word "ezer kenegdo" used of the woman in Genesis means so much more. It means something more powerful than just "helper"; it means something more like "lifesaver." Apparently, the phrase was only used elsewhere of God, when one needed Him to come through for one desperately. In another recent thread, someone posted the example of Moses' life being saved from God Himself by his wife Zipporah, but how many Christians know how important Zipporah was to Moses, and ultimately, all of Israel? Similarly, Rahab, Deborah, Hannah, Esther, and the list goes on. Behind the success of every man, it seems there was a Godly and faithful woman.

There are some scriptural restrictions on roles of women in the church, but if we limited ourselves only to what scripture said, and embraced the fact that Godly women can be powerful lifesavers and allies for their men, I believe it would do much to alleviate the conflict about what women should and should not do in church.

Mar 28, 2016

Happiness is when two walk together in a agreement.

I would say first that woman was not created to fulfill the need of man anymore than man was created to fulfil her need. . They as one creation, bone of bone and flesh of flesh (mankind) were to work together according to the government of God. This is displayed by the work of the father and Son working together in perfect harmony as the peace of God that surpasses human understanding.

The word helpmeet is a combination of two roots, one meaning “to rescue”, “to save,” and the other meaning “to be strong.” Two being strong for the other.

Loving authority . . Plus willing submissiveness. . . equals the peace of gospel . The work of the gospel. A work beginning to be displayed in the garden of Gethsemane. The beginning of suffering unto death as his three day labor of love, or work of faith. Again the father and Son working as one..

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
What wonderful thoughts and insights! My understanding of God's ways has grown by leaps and bounds.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
What wonderful thoughts and insights! My understanding of God's ways has grown by leaps and bounds.
I hope it has grown to the point of understanding that one does not have to keep the Sabbath to be saved, and the Law is not divided into parts.

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
Wasn't the Law always divided into parts? Physical/ritual laws and moral or spiritual laws?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Wasn't the Law always divided into parts? Physical/ritual laws and moral or spiritual laws?
The Bible itself makes no such distinction, though many humans do in these latter times.

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
I was sure there were Dietary Laws, Moral Laws and such. I would think Scripture shows this, but, shoot. it's all Hebrew to me. 😊

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I hope it has grown to the point of understanding that one does not have to keep the Sabbath to be saved, and the Law is not divided into parts.
Have you ever, at any time, read a post of mine saying that we are saved through our law keeping? Have I ever denied Christ? Why ever would you turn my repeating God's words about our need to obey into such blasphemy?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Have you ever, at any time, read a post of mine saying that we are saved through our law keeping? Have I ever denied Christ? Why ever would you turn my repeating God's words about our need to obey into such blasphemy?
Respectfully, what you accuse GB9 of doing is what you do frequently. Perhaps you should give this some thought.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I will take that as a no.

all right, God bless and keep you.

later.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Respectfully, what you accuse GB9 of doing is what you do frequently. Perhaps you should give this some thought.
Salvation comes only through Christ, not through keeping the Sabbath. Perhaps you should ponder your words accuse and frequently, and see if they apply to you.

L

Locoponydirtman

Why would you bring this up. It is not part of this thread. This is an attempt to cause strife, and argument.

L

Locoponydirtman

Sometimes it's very hard for us in the flesh and often in immaturity to operate in the rolls as God intended. Sin in many forms can really hinder a good marriage. After 24 years of marriage I look back at the worst of our arguments and for the most part someone was being immature, usually both. Often time what happens is that someone says or does something that hurts the others feelings and the problem is escalated by push back, you hurt me now I react and hurt you. Many time I wish I had recognized the real problem and delt with it correctly instead of in hurtful and harmful ways. It was my duty to do so in those time and I failed. Many times I failed.
If I could I would intervene in every argument between man and wife to prevent them from falling into the same error that I fell into, but I can't and it's not my position to do so. But if I find occasion to advise I do, because I know now the error of my youth. I also know the power of a wonderful relationship that can be built. My wife and I survived those day sometimes by a mere thread, but a thread of the grace of God is stronger than any rope and can pull you back even as you pull against it.