What's the Difference Between a “True Believer”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ted01

May 14, 2022
You can't really believe the Gospel incorrectly, its fairly simple. Either you believe in it, or you don't.
I don't know about that my friend...
Many people of all types and including people here on CC tend to not agree on what actually
constitutes "the Gospel". You could probably start a thread just asking peeps to briefly state their
beliefs of what it is and see as many different opinions as there would be posts.

For me, I agree with you that Jesus' Good News is dramatically simple.
Folks just seem to think that there's gotta be more to it, and then... open the gates.

Komentaja

Jul 29, 2022
I don't know about that my friend...
Many people of all types and including people here on CC tend to not agree on what actually
constitutes "the Gospel". You could probably start a thread just asking peeps to briefly state their
beliefs of what it is and see as many different opinions as there would be posts.

For me, I agree with you that Jesus' Good News is dramatically simple.
Folks just seem to think that there's gotta be more to it, and then... open the gates.
Obviously you are correct the Gospel is a wide subject, even Mark starts off as "beginning of the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ"

But what I meant was in particular that Jesus died for our sins and rose again on the 3rd day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). That is very simple and I hope everyone gets it

Reality55

Jul 24, 2022
Chicago
A true believer puts the teachings of Christ First in their lives. And a true believer makes their lives a living sacrifice unto the Lord.

Alisha86

Jun 21, 2022
People think u want em I don't want u please

soberxp

May 3, 2018
No Dirtman I pm n he got mad I was asking a question I don't want him he said he doesn't like pm n please don't pm him
I don't know him, but he always gives others a big red X.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
It appears that 'Dirtman' has given the OP a (n) and has handed out multiple X in this thread, but has not posted a single response. :unsure:

Oct 19, 2022
One believes in the truth. The other wants to make the truth bend to what they believe.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Don't let lol the body of Christ get to you its a great question.

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

A believer is not someone that believes thinks like acts like we do :) Most don't and they are His.. He takes care of His kids.

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
and a “Believer”?
All believers get to examine themselves in their own faith, because all things have been given to all believers, sufficiency is not in the believer but in and of God.

1 Corinthians 3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

2 Corinthians 10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2 Corinthians 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

Luke 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Jesus spoke of how there would be those who will say, "We worked signs and wonders in your name", yet He knew them not, and that in these last days many would have an outward form of Godliness, denying the power thereof.

Sep 21, 2022
"You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror."