Whats Wrong with People?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

The problem with people is sin!
And not all Christians are overcomers denying the flesh.
Walking in the Spirit is not upheld by all.
Some Christians do not take the scriptures seriously - to use pirate talk
they are more like guidelines than rules of conduct.

Some ministries foolishly preach saved by grace and OSAS and
therefore allow lazy Christianity to flourish. [SUB][/SUB]

I'd agree with this, but leave the OSAS to others to argue in other threads.I'd rather not see a derail,but I see the train a comin....

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
​It totally possible.But its not about them so much,they're just an example. Ive had this happen several times recently.Its like people have flipped their lids!
People these days are very defensive and easily offended. Some people are looking for reason to fight about anything yet others are just plain cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! :eek:

Nov 6, 2017
People these days are very defensive and easily offended. Some people are looking for reason to fight about anything yet others are just plain cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! :eek:
Hey now, I draw the line at you speaking badly about Cocoa Puffs. Gotta use whole milk with them for sure.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
People these days also love to play the victim and make everyone else out to be the bad guy.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
So I got into an argument on FB with a friend of mine and her husband. Seems you can't say anything these days without someone getting up in your face and just being nasty. And Im wondering why this is. They are both Christians and I was pointing out a fact about a movie that was inappropriate for kids. They said the movie was good and I thought perhaps they hadn't seen that part.So I told them it wasn't appropriate for kids,without coming right out and saying why. Well she and her husband both jumped me. So my sister chimed in and backed me up. Then my friends husband,who I dont know,called us prudes basically and judgmental. And he doesn't even know us! And all I was doing was pointing out why the movie was not for kids. My question is,what in the world is wrong with people?! I don't get it.
aw, sis, you went and messed with the 'rents!

most parents have a hard time receiving the cold, hard truth we ain't perfect. lol

of course, you were trying to help, and good looking out! maybe your heart/conscience is more tender, or it's something else i'd rather not speculate about... (nothing negative about you!)

but, yeah. i'd like to think because they are so important to us, it hurts to hear we've goofed about our kids.

but sometimes we're the ones being brats. :rolleyes:

notmyown

May 26, 2016
It says it's a TV series? More than 10 episodes. Classification U. Did you watch them back to back like a movie? Must have been good if you watched all of them!
hey, did you move to the States?

or, maybe just in the mood for a flag change?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
The problem with people is sin!
And not all Christians are overcomers denying the flesh.
Walking in the Spirit is not upheld by all.
Some Christians do not take the scriptures seriously - to use pirate talk
they are more like guidelines than rules of conduct.

Some ministries foolishly preach saved by grace and OSAS and
therefore allow lazy Christianity to flourish. [SUB][/SUB]

I can't believe someone came in here using pirate talk.

You'd never know from just looking at waggles; he doesn't look like a pirate...
well not much.
Maybe just a bit around the ears.
He sorta has little sneaky pirate ears.
But I'm almost certain pirates don't wear glasses.
I mean, who could hit a pirate with glasses?
Maybe that's what pirates do now...
wear glasses so nobody will hit them when they're stealing your ship.

I remember hearing about olden times, before America was a country -
I heard all about it from Willie..
and he said real pirates would never wear glasses because
when they shot people, the lenses would get all covered up in little bits of the shot guy.
I guess a pirate in olden times had to wear glasses at least once,
or else they wouldn't have known that.
But I guess it only happened once,
and then the pirates all quit wearing glasses...

until today.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
lol, in a mood tonight, Max? :rolleyes:

i hope it lasts a looong time.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
So I got into an argument on FB with a friend of mine and her husband. Seems you can't say anything these days without someone getting up in your face and just being nasty. And Im wondering why this is. They are both Christians and I was pointing out a fact about a movie that was inappropriate for kids. They said the movie was good and I thought perhaps they hadn't seen that part.So I told them it wasn't appropriate for kids,without coming right out and saying why. Well she and her husband both jumped me. So my sister chimed in and backed me up. Then my friends husband,who I dont know,called us prudes basically and judgmental. And he doesn't even know us! And all I was doing was pointing out why the movie was not for kids. My question is,what in the world is wrong with people?! I don't get it.
This isn't a popular solution, but it's the best one:
Don't post your opinions on facebook, but if you do at least lock your page
down so only certain people can see what you post, let alone respond to it.
I don't post anything on facebook.
I use it as a tool to see whether or not I want
to associate and/or do business with people.

Feb 7, 2015
Not one guys would know. Its called Anne with an E based on a childhood classic called Anne of Green Gables. Guys might know it but probably haven't watched it.
It must be a lot different than Anne of Green Gables. I loved that TV series.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
This works for me too. I use Facebook to post food pix. No one can argue with that!

PJW

Banned
Oct 6, 2017
I got an idea...get off facebook!

Feb 7, 2015
There's a better solution. Don't be on FB.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
There's a better solution. Don't be on FB.
I'd do that if it wasn't the most convenient way for the important people in my life to contact me.

It's sad though that Facebook has gotten such a strong grip on people's lives. But I'd still prefer it rather than pay for overseas phone calls lol.

K

kaylagrl

It must be a lot different than Anne of Green Gables. I loved that TV series.

Extremely different! I grew up not far from where the story took place.So I grew up with the series. And it really annoyed me that someone took an innocent childhood classic and twisted it in to some modern junk.

K

kaylagrl

I got an idea...get off facebook!
Well there is a reason Im on there. I live in a different country than my family and its a way to share pictures and our lives even though we're so far apart.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
2 Timothy 3: 1-5 (NIV)

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive,disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
LOL. Basically. In addition to all fluff and happiness about life in general. I learned that negative attracts negative so I rather don't post my many disagreements to this generation's events.
I just posted that if they'd elect me governor, I'd build a wall around Fairfax.