When are we married?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
ok ill make a practical example.
A young lady meets a guy, lives with him, submits to him.. then they break up after an argument and she meets someone else and the same occurs. She was married to the first one, left and went to the next one and pretty much committed adultery and married the next one, making it 2 husbands. thats how I see it.

So? Does she have five husbands or no husband? Is she free to marry somebody else now?

Show it for me in some practical example, not just a quote.
 
I figured the woman at the well got divorced four or five times, and was shacking up with this 6th (or 7th or 8th, etc.) man that never bothered to marry her.
 
I apologize for saying you were not a complete Saducee in your position on angels, etc. Do you forgive me?
First of all, I did not WANT an apology for the "Sadducee" comment. I already stated that. I said I was interested in what you said AFTERWARDS. So...giving someone something they have previously specifically said they don't want...feels almost like an imposition, to be honest and frank.

It's a bit like slapping someone, then apologizing for having a hand. I don't mind you having a hand. I don't mind if you view me as an apostate. You SHOULD view me as an apostate...if you're going to be consistent with the implications and indications of Pentecostal doctrines. You are ABSOLUTELY entitled to your view that I am a "partial" apostate.

So...I "forgave" the matter the very moment it happened, you can rest assured. To me, the intended effect of 'name-calling' is perfectly self-canceling (if your intention was merely gratuitous name-calling). The name-caller has instantly discredited himself...at least in the moments of his name-calling. For me, there is no harm and no foul...particularly since there may very well be a sincere belief behind your labeling me in this way.

BUT...what WAS of interest to me...simply as a matter of intellectual and philosophical integrity...was how you began to twist, tweak, evade and massage the simple facts of your statement...AFTER the fact. That is the ONLY thing I was interested in. That is the ONLY thing I was talking about. So...yet again, there is a slight sidestepping going on right now. A slight dodging.

I'm not angry in the least. I'm over all of it at this point. I'm just giving you my observation.

And so this is where I would assert that your wriggling and writhing begins to shut down an entire thread. We have long since stomped this poor little lady's thread (I'm envisioning a "poor little lady" for some reason) about "when are we married"...into oblivion, when you force me to go round and round and round and have a ferocious 'knock down / drag out' over even the simplest, most straightforward aspect.

And here we have a case in point (out of dozens of cases) with this "Sadducee" thing: When you made the statement to me "I see your not complete Sadducee"...I'm concluding "oh, this guy is indicating to me that he had, up to now, viewed me as a completely apostate Sadducee and bound for Hell...but now he has upgraded me to 'partial apostate'.

As I jokingly stated...I suppose 'partial apostates' will only partially go to Hell. So you force me to go round and round and round...until finally you throw up your arms (disingenuously, in my view) and declare "this is all a molehill" - LOL.

The same thing with this loaded question scenario. You absolutely nailed...NAILED the "loaded question" fallacy with your question about "slandering" your wife -- "did you slander my wife to get revenge?". The question illicitly presupposes I slandered your wife...and if I gave a simple "no" answer, I would only be saying "no" to the revenge aspect and would still be inadvertently conceding the "slander" part of the question.

But no, you are going to go round and round and round, and wriggle and writhe and massage.

As "ZONE" has already indicated...this is not worth it. And as you have noted, no one is even reading this thread. Not a soul. It's just you and me and ZONE. If your objective is to grind somebody down with an avalanche of twists and dodges and warps and double-speak...you are near to accomplishing your objective. I have too many fish to fry in my real life...and my hopes of having a bit of influence on a discussion board are quickly dimming.

I will give you advance notice though -- I am thinking of starting a thread on "Why Charismatics and Pentecostals SHOULD view all non-Charismatics/Pentecostals as ALMOST CERTAINLY "unsaved".

Let's see if we both can keep it civil, transparent and straightforward (if you would choose to participate).
 
MattTooFor

You could have just taken a deep breath and said 'yes.' It occured to me to apologize because you brought it up again. I'll admit to having overreacted and making some wrong choices to escalate things in this thread, and I apologize for that. I suspect the 'drama queen' comment was aimed at both of us, though.

Btw, the idea that someone who doesn't believe speaking in tongues is apostate is your interpretation, one inconsistent for the text. The text even mentions the unlearned and uninstructed,as I've pointed out, if one followed your approach to it, which I do not.

I wouldn't say all Saducees had to be damned, certainly not 'ethnic' Saducees who did not follow the doctrine associated with the Saducee party, since many priests became obedient to the faith, and some of them may have been from Zadok.

I'll pray about these interactions between the two of us. You can pray about them. I honestly don't want there to be any 'bad blood' betwen the two of us.
 
Last edited: