When are we saved ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Who's interpretation?
In some versions of the bible men have changed the wording to take away the power of the Godhead by interpreting scriptures to fit their personal beliefs. It makes a person wonder if they are democrats trying to strip anything pertaining to God out of the scriptures. Just kidding! Just kidding!.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
well that is not what God told Abraham

Abrahams faith was accounted to him as righteousness; he believed God

Abram believed the LORD, and it was credited to him as righteousness. Genesis 15:6

Jesus was not yet born

maybe go and study like you tell others to do.

but then again it does not seem to have helped so far
Regenerated children of God have faith in the gospel that has been revealed to them by the Holy Spirit. That faith can contribute to the experience of being delivered from a lack of knowledge of the gospel. That faith is not responsible for their eternal deliverance.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I think he copy/pastes things to agree or make it look like he is not in agreement with Calvinism, then, he comes up with these ideas
from some parallel universe and starts with the cloned Calvinistic doctrine

he does not have to call himself a follower of Calvin to share either all or some of the beliefs

he certainly believes we do not have a choice

but he is not a Calvinist. just believes like one. other people here have said the same but believed the doctrine

anyway, take him at his word. he is not a Calvinist; he just believes like one

not Calvinistic at all. not at all :censored:

we are not all nuts here. and now we have 2 spirits of God. the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost. you can't make this stuff up

anyway, he is the one who has to live with it
Let’s take you at your word that you hold to a false dichotomy of either unconditional election or no election at all. Rather sad.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Yes, faithfulness in doing his Father's will by going to the cross.
Yes, it is His work that has value to save. Our faith merely receives it. Faith has no salvific power outside the work of Christ. That’s why it’s saved BY Grace THROUGH faith. That’s why salvation is not of ourselves, it is the gift of God, and that removes ground for boasting.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
not Calvinistic at all. not at all :censored:

we are not all nuts here. and now we have 2 spirits of God. the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost. you can't make this stuff up

anyway, he is the one who has to live with it
Peter’s a Calvinist?!! I guess I better switch to Calvinism.

You never read “ elect according to the foreknowledge of God” IN THE BIBLE

Ok, I guess you haven’t read that far yet. That’s ok. Try 1 Peter 1:1-2.

And I never said two spirits of God. You must be sleepy or something.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Yes, I guess the apostle Peter and I are Calvinists. She thought “ elect according to foreknowledge was Calvinistic? Try
1 Peter 2:1-2.
Correction. 1 Peter 1:1-2

Elect or chosen according to foreknowledge is not Calvinistic, it’s Petrine. You two might want to get your facts straight before you label someone

And it wasn’t me who said two spirits of God.

Heavenian

Jun 18, 2020
In A Nutshell (y)

Romans 10:9-10KJV
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
I agreed. That's the formula.
No Word from GOD will ever fail (Luke 1:37)."

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I don't think anything but you do give a person pause

you are so back and forth in what you believe a person could get whiplash reading your posts

you are not believable
You think I am back and forth because you operate under a false dichotomy. Only you and Eleventh have accused me of this, because you both have the same underlying belief system that uses false dichotomy.

Oh, throughfaith thinks I’m back and forth because He thinks election is after calling and adoption doesn’t happen till the resurrection

But at least he’s civil and doesn’t wrongly label people once they tell him what they’re not!

Either unconditional election

Or

No election.

False dichotomy

Elect according to foreknowledge doesn’t necessarily hold to either of these because there is more than one position on that BIBLICAL phrase

But you have not even come to that verse yet?

Eternally was right about you both. You assume people are Calvinists because they use words like election, foreknowledge, predestination, etc.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
well that is not what God told Abraham

Abrahams faith was accounted to him as righteousness; he believed God

Abram believed the LORD, and it was credited to him as righteousness. Genesis 15:6

Jesus was not yet born

maybe go and study like you tell others to do.

but then again it does not seem to have helped so far
So you think Abraham was justified outside of Christ because Christ was not yet born? Don’t you know that Christ is the Saviour of OT believers too?

You tell me to go study, but you don’t understand foreknowledge? Or that Christ’s work was applied to OT saints too?! Or that salvation has always been through Christ?

What does Christ wasn’t born yet have to do with ANYTHING?

Klassiter

Sep 5, 2016
Jesus is the Word of God and John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and Word was with God and Word was God so yes Jesus was in the Old Testament times.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Jesus is the Word of God and John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and Word was with God and Word was God so yes Jesus was in the Old Testament times.
He is also the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Our faith has NO VALUE of itself. It is Christ that gives it value.
I didn't say it has value. Its the prerequisite. Rom 5
¶Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2By whom also we have access by
I have not once denied the fact that “whosoever will may believe”. In fact, I have stated that same fact several times. You think my post denies whosoever will, because you are holding to a false dichotomy of either unconditional election to salvation or no election to salvation. That is a false dichotomy, because those are not the only two possibilities.

You obviously have not done any meaningful study on the words eklektos or eklego or proginosko. This seems to be the case with many.

Ever heard of elect according to the foreknowledge of God?
I think this is a useful video on the word occurrence on 'election '.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I didn't say it has value. Its the prerequisite. Rom 5
¶Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2By whom also we have access by

I think this is a useful video on the word occurrence on 'election '.
I'm glad you realize that faith has no intrinsic value BY OR OF ITSELF. I suspected that there were those present who think that faith DOES have intrinsic value OF OR BY ITSELF, which is why I posted that. And the fact that people are pushing back against that post seems to confirm it.

I do believe faith is a necessary condition for salvation, as I have stated.

As far as the video, I bet the maker of the video believes the same thing I do about election. I will demonstrate it once I confirm it. In a very short time of listening to it already, I heard some indicators that he does hold a similar position to mine. Ill get back to you on that.