When are we saved ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I've said all a long JESUS is the only preexisting Elect before the foundation of the world. When we get IN an eternal being we ARE blessed with all SPIRITUAL blessings IN CHRIST JESUS . No ' in the mind of God ' Jehovah witness theology needed .
Why do you keep talking about things that no one said? Nobody said we pre existed. You cannot refute me, so you make things up to refute.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
“Before the foundation of the world,” God decreed that He would choose no one in this age to become “holy and without blame” “in Christ.” ”
You just said the opposite of what Ephesians 1:4 says. Good job

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I doubt you can say...fact.
I see nothing that says God chose us before the foundations of the earth.
Concluding for a moment ...so...
...what point does it make?
You don’t see the words “ God chose us before the foundation of the earth” in Ephesians 1:4?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Salvation , you would agree is AFTER we believe ? Eph 1.13-14 . So Paul speaking to already saved saints in Christ Jesus . The whole Point Paul is making is the blessing we now have after . In him , is the point thats ' according ' . The access to the blessings is ONLY found in him .
What is the “before the foundation of the world about?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Thank you, and this is the correct understanding.
It does not say God chose a plan or a basis. It says God chose us.

So you want to change the pronoun to something else? Do so at your own risk.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Why do you keep talking about things that no one said? Nobody said we pre existed. You cannot refute me, so you make things up to refute.
I've never said anyone believe s that they were preexisting. I've said your view needs clarification.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
It does not say God chose a plan or a basis. It says God chose us.

So you want to change the pronoun to something else? Do so at your own risk.
Who's the ' us ' and how ? please clarify. Is it just ' in God's mind ' ?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
How is it not relevant ?,
already been explained several times. “In Christ” is modifying the verb. Not the direct object. In other words,no one is saying we were in Christ before we were saved.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Thanks and wirh respect, but I see it differently in this way as said that the phrase "from the foundation of the world" may differs from "before the foundation of the world." So when it comes to salvation, we are saved "from the foundation of the world" as in time (not eternity"), similarly our name is written in the Lamb's book of life (Rev. 13:8; Rev. 17:8). Ephesians talks about spiritual blessings after we are already saved in time not in eternity. The fact that we are CHOSEN IN HIM before the foundation of the world does not mean that any sinner existed or was saved before the foundation of the world. It merely means that God laid down the basis for being chosen, i.e., IN HIM, IN CHRIST. and no one is IN CHRIST BEFORE they are saved.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain FROM the foundation of the world.

Rev 17:8 . . . they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life FROM the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Ephesians 1 says we were chosen before the foundation of the world. I know of no scripture that says we were saved before we were saved by faith though. I don’t know how you reach that conclusion.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Thanks and wirh respect, but I see it differently in this way as said that the phrase "from the foundation of the world" may differs from "before the foundation of the world." So when it comes to salvation, we are saved "from the foundation of the world" as in time (not eternity"), similarly our name is written in the Lamb's book of life (Rev. 13:8; Rev. 17:8). Ephesians talks about spiritual blessings after we are already saved in time not in eternity. The fact that we are CHOSEN IN HIM before the foundation of the world does not mean that any sinner existed or was saved before the foundation of the world. It merely means that God laid down the basis for being chosen, i.e., IN HIM, IN CHRIST. and no one is IN CHRIST BEFORE they are saved.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain FROM the foundation of the world.

Rev 17:8 . . . they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life FROM the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
No one says we existed or were saved before the foundation of the world Ephesians says according as He chose US in Christ before the foundation of the world.” Now if you and through and eleventh want to say Paul was wrong to say thatGod CHOSE US in Christ before the foundation of the world, that’s your thing, not mine.