When does the millennium begin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Parable - Wikipedia A parable is a succinct, didactic story, in prose or verse that illustrates one or more instructive lessons or principles. It differs from a fable in that fables employ animals, plants, inanimate objects, or forces of nature as characters, whereas parables have human characters. A parable is a type of analogy.
Is the word "prophecy" in there anywhere? No.

God has developed his own personal system as a fingerprint or seal . Without parables, . . prophecy as scripture Christ spoke not.
Why are you corrupting Scripture and being so stubborn on this matter? You are taking Jesus' words out of context and distorting their meaning.

Tongues are no different. You say you have taught me. But I am still waiting for your proof that as to what the sign of tongues confirms according to the law of interpretation?
You'll wait forever, because you have not understood the response I have given you.

The word proverb is parable . Proverbs are moral prophecy unlike parables that are used to represent time periods as historallly true as well as revealing the spiritual meaning.
Proverbs are not prophecy... period. They are not the same thing. They are difference classes of literature.

They believed in a god they created by oral traditions of men making the true without effect.
Exactly... they believed in a god, which means they were not atheists.

If a person does not have the exclusive faith that comes from hearing God .Then they are not children of God. Atheism denotes no faith in a God not seen. . . one revealed by that which is written. Adding the word god to their unbelief does not change the foundation.
No, Garee. Atheism means believing that there is no god. It is not the same as not having faith in God. They are simply not the same thing. No amount of argument on your part is going to make them the same thing. Just accept it and move on.

Mar 28, 2016
Is the word "prophecy" in there anywhere? No.
Its on the back side .

Its hidden from unbeleivers in the word parable. The signified language of prophecy. The whole time period there were kings in Israel is a parable using signified tongue of God . The government was restored to the period of judges

Exactly... they believed in a god, which means they were not atheists.
I think we are talking about the God who reveals himself through parables /prophecy as it is written

The first commandment is to have no gods including oneself (a atheist). None to include self before our living God not seen .

Judaism is atheistic. . They serve another god, another gospel (self), as in no God, no gospel.

Proverbs are not prophecy... period. They are not the same thing. They are difference classes of literature.
Difference classes of prophecy?

Proverb G3942 - paroimia - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV)

Strong’s Definitions (Strong’s Definitions Legend) παροιμία paroimía, par-oy-mee'-ah; from a compound of G3844 and perhaps a derivative of G3633 ; apparently a state alongside of supposition, i.e. (concretely) an adage; specially, an enigmatical or fictitious illustration:—parable, proverb.

Mar 28, 2016
Why are you corrupting Scripture and being so stubborn on this matter? You are taking Jesus' words out of context and distorting their meaning.
Words out of whose context as a interpretation? The words of God's prophecy as it is written. Or your private interpretation as a personal commentary?

Those who literalize away the unseen understanding seem to make the interpretation instruction in the opening passage without effect? Why?

Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The signified interpretation is that of parables. God's declaration, prophecy. . . or called the hidden manna spoken of in chapter 2 of Revelation. The kind of food that the disciples at first knew not of. . just as it was designed. . hiding the spiritual unseen understanding..

Mana with no other meaning added simply means "What is it" ? The bread or will of unfamiliarity.

The Jews had become familiar with a god of their own design and desired to return to bondage and God gave them the hidden manna to stop their murmuring.

We could never become familiar with God. He is not a man as us. In that way he spews out the lukewarm and turns up the heat of ones soul or caused the other to freeze in a hope they would cry out for comfort.

That kind of lukewarm familiarity bred contempt and hatred which led to crucifying the Son of man , Jesus. By his own family members .

Parables as the signified tongue of God (prophecy) is simply one of the many diverse manners Christ did not speak without . Like the drawing of lots with Matthias .Not approving gambling.

How many divers manners would you say make up prophecy ? 5, 10, 100?

Hebrews 1 King James Version (KJV) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
You'll wait forever, because you have not understood the response I have given you.
I understood it .The example you gave from Acts it simply was not relevant.

Tongues like parables is prophecy . . .two of the many different kinds . What does the law in Isaiah 28 in regard to the sign spoken of in 1 Corinthians 14 represent?

(1) Those who will hear prophecy and believe God or (2) those who are in unbelief. . . no faith? Not little none.

Yet for all that they still refuse to believe in sola scriptura. . .all things written in the law and the prophets. The two witnesses.. . signified by Moses and Elijah. The letter of the law ( seen the temporal) and the unseen power of faith called the law of faith, the eternal . Creating one perfect law

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Its on the back side .

Its hidden from unbeleivers in the word parable. The signified language of prophecy. The whole time period there were kings in Israel is a parable using signified tongue of God . The government was restored to the period of judges
That is the most ridiculous comment you've made all week. A dictionary definition does not have a spiritual meaning "hidden from unbelievers". What utter rot!

I think we are talking about the God who reveals himself through parables /prophecy as it is written

The first commandment is to have no gods including oneself (a atheist). None to include self before our living God not seen .

Judaism is atheistic. . They serve another god, another gospel (self), as in no God, no gospel.
Your inability to understand the word "atheistic" is baffling. The word literally means "no god".

Difference classes of prophecy?
No; different classes of literature.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Words out of whose context as a interpretation? The words of God's prophecy as it is written. Or your private interpretation as a personal commentary?
I've addressed this previously; the context is there for everyone to read. You ignore the context of the statement, and try to apply it to everything Jesus ever said. That is simply incorrect and it is bad hermeneutics.

Those who literalize away the unseen understanding seem to make the interpretation instruction in the opening passage without effect? Why?

Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The signified interpretation is that of parables. God's declaration, prophecy. . . or called the hidden manna spoken of in chapter 2 of Revelation. The kind of food that the disciples at first knew not of. . just as it was designed. . hiding the spiritual unseen understanding..
We aren't talking about Revelation 1. We aren't talking about Revelation at all. Stay with the topic.

Mana with no other meaning added simply means "What is it" ? The bread or will of unfamiliarity.
Yet you add meaning to it. Do you not see your duplicity?

Mar 28, 2016
Yet you add meaning to it. Do you not see your duplicity?
I see what I offered as a personal commentary.

I applied the meaning that he gave to it. The bible is its own dictionary encyclopedia and history book .

Manna ...without any other meaning added simply means .What is it ?

God does not promote familiarity. He is not a man as us. He spews from his mouth the lukewarm . Giving us understanding to the hidden manna .

What is the spiritual hidden understanding of the parable found in Revelation 2 as the signified tongue (Revelation 1:1) of God's prophecy ?

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man "knoweth" saving he that receiveth it.

Have you received it as it is written. . or are parables simply not prophecy and they can be ignored..?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I see what I offered as a personal commentary.
Yet you argue as though your "personal commentary" is doctrinal truth. That is not reasonable.

I applied the meaning that he gave to it. The bible is its own dictionary encyclopedia and history book .
No, you invented a spiritual meaning that is neither stated nor implied in Scripture.

What is the spiritual hidden understanding of the parable found in Revelation 2 as the signified tongue (Revelation 1:1) of God's prophecy ?
It's not a parable.

Have you received it as it is written. . or are parables simply not prophecy and they can be ignored..?
Once again, you set up a straw man caricature.

Your understanding of the words "prophecy" and "parable" is not the same as mine. Your view makes the distinction between different kinds of literature in the Bible quite impossible for you to grasp.

Mar 28, 2016
Your understanding of the words "prophecy" and "parable" is not the same as mine. Your view makes the distinction between different kinds of literature in the Bible quite impossible for you to grasp.
Yes different kinds of literature as prophecy in the Bible

It would seem the different kinds of prophecy make no difference to those who literalize everything. . . .making the things seen the temporal. . no different than the eternal things of God not seen. Just as if the kingdom did come by observation. The same kind of mistake as it seems Peter made with a little help.

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, (the eternal not seen) but those that be of men (the temporal seen) .Mathew 16:22-23

Prophecy as it is written is the literature of God .It reveals his signified tongue.. his good signature as a seal . The hidden manna.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes different kinds of literature as prophecy in the Bible
No. Prophecy is one kind of literature. Parables are another. Proverbs, history, narrative, poetry, irony, sarcasm, invective, imprecation, didactic... these are all different kinds of literature found in Scripture. They are not all prophecy. Again, your all-encompassing view limits your understanding. It's like you're shooting yourself in the foot and then complaining to the doctor that you were stabbed because all puncture woulds are "stabs"; there is a relationship between the concepts, but they are not the same thing.

It would seem the different kinds of prophecy make no difference to those who literalize everything. . . .making the things seen the temporal. . no different than the eternal things of God not seen. Just as if the kingdom did come by observation. The same kind of mistake as it seems Peter made with a little help.
Despite discussing these issues with me for over a year, you still don't have a sound understanding of what I believe. Therefore, you should restrain yourself from making such characterizations. They are meaningless, unfounded, and completely unproductive.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
I believe the "millennium" has already begun.

Here's a very good set of messages by Brian Chappell on the four views of the Millennium (premillennial dispensationalism, historic premillennialism, amillennialism and postmillennialism).

He prepared it for Bible Study Fellowship. This organization tends to avoid sectarian conflict.

Bryan is historic premillennial and I am amillennial, however, his portrayal of the four views is very accurate from what I've seen.

If you are trying to understand the differences between these groups, these are great videos to watch. The charts are very good.

In addition, his notes with the charts are in the pdf below (note that you can watch these on Vimeo but the preview will not appear here..the title is Four Views of the Millennium by Bryan Chappell and there are two parts).

The pdf of the notes is here, and also attached below:

https://media.gracepres.org/mediaplayer/gracepres/media/Four Views of the Millennium (Dr. Bryan Chapell).pdf?fbclid=IwAR2kzhSpOYdqSkGLAumM3foBfoJh6qniIVCXLfvJUQGIzY3OfNEuniLm1m8

Bryan points out that very few hold to the dispensationalism of previous eras, but instead hold to "progressive dispensationalism". One of the problems on this forum and others is that you have all kinds of different dispensationalists holding more modern views, or outdated views, of dispensationalism.

Bryan is much more ecumenical than I am on this topic. I don't care for dispensationalism at all.

Attachments

Mar 28, 2016
No. Prophecy is one kind of literature. Parables are another. Proverbs, history, narrative, poetry, irony, sarcasm, invective, imprecation, didactic... these are all different kinds of literature found in Scripture. They are not all prophecy. Again, your all-encompassing view limits your understanding. It's like you're shooting yourself in the foot and then complaining to the doctor that you were stabbed because all puncture woulds are "stabs"; there is a relationship between the concepts, but they are not the same thing.

Despite discussing these issues with me for over a year, you still don't have a sound understanding of what I believe. Therefore, you should restrain yourself from making such characterizations. They are meaningless, unfounded, and completely unproductive.
Prophecy is one kind of literature. Parables another manner of prophecy.

Jan 17, 2020
When does the bible say the millennium begins? Are we in the millennium?
Jesus taught against it. It is a false doctrine of the Pharisees and those who cannot see the kingdom because of its spiritual nature. It is a kingdom of faith, not sight.

Mar 28, 2016

Its easy to see what you believe. You believe parables are not a type of prophecy as one of the divers manners God revealed his thoughts and plans . You show that when using the Acts 10 to try and make tongues non prophecy . Prophecy = the declared will of God.

Divers implies difference only. Therefore to narrate the same events in divers manners, but not in diverse.

The law is without parables Christ spoke not. Parables as the signified signature of God. Parables do no change the literal historical . They use the literal temporal to give us the unseen eternal . This is when a person uses the prescription (2 Corinthians 4;18 wisely . its called mixing faith . No mixing faith, no gospel, no gospel no rest.

It gives us the hidden manna to enrich the text and reveal to one and conceal from another.

Like those who fall backward because they think tongues is not prophecy another manner of prophecy (declaring the thoughts of God) . He can use a sign as prophecy (declaring the thoughts of God)

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Parables are used to teach us how to walk by faith .Rather than literalizes the text.

1 Corinthians 2 explains we are to compare the spiritual unseen wisdom to the same unseen faith . We do not compare the literal to the literal and make the signified understanding without effect. . If we do that the parable loses it effect.

Luke 16 with Lazarus and the Rich man is a common one that men try to literalize to support a doctrine that is not even there as to context. Hell .

Parables are faith builders like all prophecy they provide the power to hear and believe God. Without them he spoke not. There is no formula that states if the first sense does not make sense believe not.

1 Corinthians 2:5-14 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing
spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Mar 28, 2016
Jesus taught against it. It is a false doctrine of the Pharisees and those who cannot see the kingdom because of its spiritual nature. It is a kingdom of faith, not sight.

Yes the spiritual hid in parables. The millennium to represent a unknown as the signified tongue of God it represents by the last days that were shorted in regard to the elect.

Mar 28, 2016

After 7 years tribulation
The millennium is the time of tribulation like never before or ever again . The time of reformation had come . Faith that was given a temporal Jewish face, Kings in Israel. Was the abomination of desolation. It had come to a end. It signaled the beginning of the last days or last time .Identified as last days ending on the last day . Not a literal thousand years according to the signified interpretation of Revelation 20.

God does not number days. Unconverted men that walk by sight are quick to set a date. Sell all they have thinking they are buying a ticket. We walk by faith. He will come as a thief in the night like lighting flashing in the sky just a the time of Noah .

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

2 Timothy 3:1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

Hebrews 1:2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

James 5:3Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

2 Peter 3:3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

1 John 2:18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time

The idea that the church will not part of the persecution of the great tribulation is not a biblical doctrine. Christians will not disappear out of the clear blue only to return at a later date .

Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Its easy to see what you believe. You believe parables are not a type of prophecy as one of the divers manners God revealed his thoughts and plans .
"Divers" are either people or, to a British birdwatcher, loons. "Diverse" is "of many kinds". The word "divers" meaning "diverse" is archaic and should only appear in direct quotations.

Parables may be prophetic, and they may not. The parable of the land renters (Matthew 21:33-41) is prophetic, but the parable of the lost coin (Luke 15:8-10) is not.

You show that when using the Acts 10 to try and make tongues non prophecy . Prophecy = the declared will of God.
Because you lump all of Scripture in the box labeled "prophecy", you are unable to distinguish prophetic (foretelling) passages of Scripture from other passages that are not prophetic. It's not that your view is "wrong"; rather, it's narrow and does not consider that the word "prophecy" has several meanings. You're using the broadest meaning and effectively denying the other meanings.

Divers implies difference only. Therefore to narrate the same events in divers manners, but not in diverse.
"But not in diverse"... what? Your "sentence" is missing a word.

The law is without parables Christ spoke not.
No it is not. I have explained this to you uncounted times. You persist in your stubborn error.

Parables are used to teach us how to walk by faith .
No; parables are used to hide the actual meaning from those without faith.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
When does the bible say the millennium begins? Are we in the millennium?
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
(NOTE: Immediately after the tribulation)

Matt 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory.

Mk 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
(NOTE: After the tribulation)

Zechariah 14:
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 (A) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives,
(NOTE: At Christ's return, when his feet touch the Mt, resurrected saints are with him Zec 14:5, Jude 14,1 Thes 3:13)

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
(NOTE: King on/over all the earth)

Isa 11:
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
(NOTE: Jesse was David's father & Christ comes thru this lineage)

4 with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Jan 17, 2020
“But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” Revelation 20:5–6 (KJV 1900)

The resurrection happens on the last day. “So man lieth down, and riseth not: Till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, Nor be raised out of their sleep.” Job 14:12 (KJV 1900)

This would mean people have information only the Father is supposed to know. That would be the time of the end of the world and the return of Christ. It would be 1007 years from the Rapture. So this proves the Millennium is a false doctrine.

Mar 28, 2016
Divers" are either people or, to a British birdwatcher, loons. "Diverse" is "of many kinds". The word "divers" meaning "diverse" is archaic and should only appear in direct quotations.

Parables may be prophetic, and they may not. The parable of the land renters (Matthew 21:33-41) is prophetic, but the parable of the lost coin (Luke 15:8-10) is not.
Diverse is different ways God prophesied . Parables and tongues are two ways or manners

Parables are prophetic. Prophecy declares the understanding of God

There simply is no way around. A person cannot divide the word of from the word. Again parables do not change the literal historical value.

Because you lump all of Scripture in the box labeled "prophecy", you are unable to distinguish prophetic (foretelling) passages of Scripture from other passages that are not prophetic. It's not that your view is "wrong"; rather, it's narrow and does not consider that the word "prophecy" has several meanings. You're using the broadest meaning and effectively denying the other meanings.
To profess is to declare the will of another (prophecy) . The role of a Apotles sent ones with prophecy . Not sent without. Prophecy comes from the mouth of God, Prophets . Where as Prophets are choose by God's for speaking prophecies

Prophetic relates to or is characteristic of a prophet or prophecy: It can be foretelling or telling of past and present events.

Today God is not adding to written law, prophecy, we have the perfect.

No it is not. I have explained this to you uncounted times. You persist in your stubborn error.
I have explained this to you uncounted times. You persist in your stubborn error.

No; parables are used to hide the actual meaning from those without faith.
That is a partial meaning. (hide and reveal)

The first work of parable is to reveal the unseen gospel understanding to the believer called the signified tongue .The prescription in 2 Corinthians 4:18 works best for rightly dividing parable .

Without parbles the Holy Spirit prophesied not .