When Has God Gathered After He Scattered Without Any Repentance?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 3, 2019
The inspired words of the prophet Solomon declare God would always listen from heaven for the repentant cries of His scattered people and bring them back to the land after scattering them for disobedience.

You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and you will not find a single instance where God gathered Israel back to the land after scattering them for disobedience without them first having repented. His promises of deliverance regarding the Babylonian captivity are not an exception -- we know for a fact the Babylonian captivity not only permanently cured Israel of their idolatry, but led to the institution of hundreds of (anti-idolatry) laws meant to keep the people from ever falling under the spell of idolatry again. These laws, unfortunately, eventually became for the people the focus and the means for obtaining salvation rather than the representative lamb offered morning and evening which pointed to the Messiah.

ISRAEL HAS NEVER REPENTED OF KILLING JESUS CHRIST.

So, why do Christians disregard God's own divinely established principle for "scattering and gathering" and insist He had a hand in the events of 1948 when it can be shown that the occult U.N., the occult U.S. "Deep State", and the occult Papacy were behind them? Their disregard for this divine principle has led them to wrongly attribute Biblical promises to those who today call Jesus "son of a whore" and "the great imposter" rather than to whom God's promises pertain in our day: the Church, which is "Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise" because it is the Church which belongs to Christ, not impenitent pseudo-Jewish descendants of the pagan Khazarian Empire who don't have a drop of Semitic blood in them.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I've pointed out in past posts, the parallels to Hosea 5:14-6:3, which states,

--"I will go and return to My place, TILL they acknowledge their offence, and seek My face: IN THEIR AFFLICTION they WILL seek Me early" (vv.1-3 say, "after two days," "IN the third day"... and... "he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter [spring] rain unto the earth"... their repentance precedes His coming to the earth... "IN THEIR AFFLICTION they WILL seek Me EARLY")

--Matthew 23:39 says, "For I say unto you, Ye shall not see Me henceforth, TILL YE shall say, 'Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord'" (I've stated that this occurs FOLLOWING "our Rapture"; and I had made some posts laying out the parallels to this underlined phrase, something like 4x in Genesis 43-44; and I had pointed out the parallel between what Joseph does in Gen45:1[6] and that of the wording found in Ezek39:7[chpts 38-39 context], early in the trib yrs, parallel to the "2nd Seal WARS" (same as we see within "the BEGINNING of birth PANGS [PLURAL]" Jesus spoke of, which also commence FOLLOWING "our Rapture," and which are EQUIVALENT the SEALS of Rev6)

--I've pointed out how "the four living creatures" are described in the exact way as the "four-directional plotment" of Israel was, in the OT... and these are who assist in the announcement of the first four SEALS being opened (at the START of the tirb yrs, that is, at the commencing of the "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" time-period that Rev1:1 / 1:19c / 4:1 speaks of (the "future" aspects of the Book, which [events unfolding] LEADS UP TO His "RETURN" to the earth Rev19)

--I could list a few other "TILL / UNTIL" passages... like the "BLINDNESS [/a hardening]... UNTIL" in Rom11:25-29,15 (<--"what shall the RECEIVING of them be, but LIFE FROM THE DEAD"<--where a number of these parallel passages LIKEN this UNTO a RESURRECTION [but which is not a "bodily/physical resurrection from the dead," but rather His raising them up out of the graveyard of nations where scattered"]; like also in Dan12:1-4,10; Isa26:15-21; [similar to Mic5:3]; etc etc...); so all these I'm pointed out thus far are indicating A CHANGE in scenes, so to speak... ;)

Ezekiel 37, for example, saying this:

The Valley of Dry Bones

1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, 2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. 3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. 4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. 5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: 6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. 8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them. 9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live [H2421 (SAME WORD as in Hosea 6:2 [2x])]. 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived [H2421 (ditto the above)], and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

The Vision Explained

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

--presently they are "lo ammi" ("not My people"), but THEN (in that future time-period) they are called again "My people" (see again Ezek39:7 and Isa26:19-20, Rom11:15/Rom9:26/Hos1:10-11, Rom11:25-29, etc etc...)

P

pottersclay

The inspired words of the prophet Solomon declare God would always listen from heaven for the repentant cries of His scattered people and bring them back to the land after scattering them for disobedience.

You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and you will not find a single instance where God gathered Israel back to the land after scattering them for disobedience without them first having repented. His promises of deliverance regarding the Babylonian captivity are not an exception -- we know for a fact the Babylonian captivity not only permanently cured Israel of their idolatry, but led to the institution of hundreds of (anti-idolatry) laws meant to keep the people from ever falling under the spell of idolatry again. These laws, unfortunately, eventually became for the people the focus and the means for obtaining salvation rather than the representative lamb offered morning and evening which pointed to the Messiah.

So, why do Christians disregard God's own divinely established principle for "scattering and gathering" and insist He had a hand in the events of 1948 when it can be shown that the occult U.N., the occult U.S. "Deep State", and the occult Papacy were behind them? Their disregard for this divine principle has led them to wrongly attribute Biblical promises to those who today call Jesus "son of a whore" and "the great imposter" rather than to whom God's promises pertain in our day: the Church, which is "Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise" because it is the Church which belongs to Christ, not impenitent pseudo-Jewish descendants of the pagan Khazarian Empire who don't have a drop of Semitic blood in them.
I will bless those that bless you and curse him that curse you.

Aug 3, 2019
I will bless those that bless you and curse him that curse you.
No comment about “scattering/gathering”? 😊

(BTW, the “bless/curse” promise was for faithful Abraham and his faithful descendants, not those who call Jesus “the great imposter”.)

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
You do not think its at all miraculous how they survived against all odds in 1967? End times are all about the middle-east, not only according to biblical prophecy but even masonic people like Albert Pike predicted 3 world wars, he was right about the first two, he said the third one will be with Israel and its neighbors. (Mind you at this time Israel did not even exist)

The Bible talks about Jerusalem in the final days and the two witnesses, which again seems to me that while you may claim the STATE of Israel or the majority of its population is wicked, to which I would agree, I mean Tel Aviv is basically just a regular european city with its pride parades and such. But with that being said, according to Bible prophecy there is a remnant there and there are Jews in Jerusalem, not all of them are fake, that is again according to Bible prophecy not my opinion.

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
No comment about “scattering/gathering”? 😊

(BTW, the “bless/curse” promise was for faithful Abraham and his faithful descendants, not those who call Jesus “the great imposter”.)
Church does indeed have the blessings as you say and promises that Paul talks about in Galatians

Remember however, there are also curses and restoration verses. Are we to say those also apply to the Church? Is the Church blinded until times of the gentiles end? Or is it talking about the physical descendants of Jacob?

The Tanakh is filled with passages of Israel in apostasy and how God restores them. Certainly these blessings and curses apply to Israel, not to the Church which did not even exist at the time? You cannot scatter one group and them regather a different group and claim a prophecy has been fulfilled.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You do not think its at all miraculous how they survived against all odds in 1967? End times are all about the middle-east, not only according to biblical prophecy but even masonic people like Albert Pike predicted 3 world wars, he was right about the first two, he said the third one will be with Israel and its neighbors. (Mind you at this time Israel did not even exist)

The Bible talks about Jerusalem in the final days and the two witnesses, which again seems to me that while you may claim the STATE of Israel or the majority of its population is wicked, to which I would agree, I mean Tel Aviv is basically just a regular european city with its pride parades and such. But with that being said, according to Bible prophecy there is a remnant there and there are Jews in Jerusalem, not all of them are fake, that is again according to Bible prophecy not my opinion.
It is refreshing to hear others who realize the Israel on the map of this time is the staging grounds for the final fulfillment of prophecy. It cannot be compared with the first Israel, a theocracy, nor with the one to come ruled by our King, Jesus-Yeshua. All blessings j

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

"Seventy weeks are decreed for your people and your holy city to stop their transgression, to put an end to sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place."

They are seventy weeks of years, with sixty nine of those seven year period being fulfilled. The seventieth seven or last seven years, is where the decree will be fulfilled regarding "your people and your holy city to stop their transgression, to put an end to sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place."

The Church = made up of both Israelites and Gentiles

The Nation Israel = made up of those as a nation, who have rejected and reject Jesus as their Messiah and who still consider themselves under the law of Moses, as they look for the Messiah's first visit.

Jesus said, "I will build My church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." At the on-set of the church, Jesus paused the fulfillment of that last seven years and began building His church, which is still in the process of being built. Once the church is completed, the Lord will appear in the atmosphere and call up the dead and the living in Him, where He will then take the entire church back to the Father's house.

Once that event has taken place, the Lord will pick up right where He left off with the unbelieving nation of Israel, in fulfillment of that last seven years, of the seventy seven year periods that were decreed upon them and Jerusalem, just as it was when the decree was made, complete with a temple and sacrifices. This will also be taking place during the time of God's wrath.

This will be God's program with Israel, where He will fulfill that last seven years. The church will have already been removed from the earth prior to the opening of the first seal, which is that rider on the white horse and which is representing the antichrist who is the one who establishes that seven year covenant with Israel and sets up the abomination in the holy place.

God knows who are His and He knows who and where the Israelites are. He has even reserved form himself 144,000 Israelites, 12,000 from each tribe, as the first fruits out of Israel, who will acknowledge Jesus as their Messiah. and who will be sealed in their foreheads with the seal of God at the beginning of that seven year period.

In further support of this, the woman of Revelation 12 who is clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and wearing a crown of twelve stars, is figuratively representing the nation Israel.

The woman/Israel flees out into the wilderness where she will be cared for by God for 1260 days, i.e. that last 3 1/2 years of that seven year period, until the Lord returns. At some point during that time when they are being cared for by God, the unbelieving nation of Israel will confess Jesus as their Messiah by saying, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord." And this is what Paul has to say about the unbelieving nation of Israel:

=======================================================================

I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come from Zion;

He will remove godlessness from Jacob.

27And this is My covenant with them

when I take away their sins.”

28Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account; but regarding election, they are loved on account of the patriarchs. 29For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable.

30Just as you who formerly disobeyed God have now received mercy through their disobedience, 31so they too have now disobeyed, in order that they too may now receive mercy through the mercy shown to you. 32For God has consigned everyone to disobedience so that He may have mercy on everyone.

========================================================================

Where Israel is referred to, it is speaking about the unbelieving Nation of Israel as a whole. Those who believed of both Jew and Gentile belong to the church.

In addition, from Ezekiel 40 thru 48, is a temple and its measurements that do not match any of the previous temples and is huge in comparison, which will be the temple used during the millennial kingdom for those Israelites who make it alive through God's entire wrath. It is this remnant of Israel and the Gentiles who will repopulate the earth during the millennial kingdom. Even the allotment of each tribes land is different than when they first inhabited the land.

Aug 3, 2019
Church does indeed have the blessings as you say and promises that Paul talks about in Galatians

Remember however, there are also curses and restoration verses. Are we to say those also apply to the Church? Is the Church blinded until times of the gentiles end? Or is it talking about the physical descendants of Jacob?

The Tanakh is filled with passages of Israel in apostasy and how God restores them. Certainly these blessings and curses apply to Israel, not to the Church which did not even exist at the time? You cannot scatter one group and them regather a different group and claim a prophecy has been fulfilled.
So, where in Scripture did God deviate from His divine principle and gather Israel back to the land without them repenting?

Oh, it's not there...but you're going to just pretend that doesn't matter, right?

(BTW, we can't take OT promises of restoration which were fulfilled in the return of Israel from Babylon and apply them to the future, especially since "Israel" still has yet to repent for killing Jesus, right?)

Aug 3, 2019
It is refreshing to hear others who realize the Israel on the map of this time is the staging grounds for the final fulfillment of prophecy. It cannot be compared with the first Israel, a theocracy, nor with the one to come ruled by our King, Jesus-Yeshua. All blessings j
So, we're just going to ignore the fact that God never once in their entire history gathered Israel back to the land without them first having repented, right?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
So, we're just going to ignore the fact that God never once in their entire history gathered Israel back to the land without them first having repented, right?
===========================================
After this I will return and rebuild the fallen tent of David.

Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it, so that the remnant of men may seek the Lord,

and all the Gentiles who are called by My name, says the Lord who does these things

that have been known for ages.’

==========================================

He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever. His kingdom will never end!”

The above is not talking about the church, but about the unbelieving nation of Israel.

Aug 3, 2019
"Seventy weeks are decreed for your people and your holy city to stop their transgression, to put an end to sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place."

They are seventy weeks of years, with sixty nine of those seven year period being fulfilled. The seventieth seven or last seven years, is where the decree will be fulfilled regarding "your people and your holy city to stop their transgression, to put an end to sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place."

The Church = made up of both Israelites and Gentiles

The Nation Israel = made up of those as a nation, who have rejected and reject Jesus as their Messiah and who still consider themselves under the law of Moses, as they look for the Messiah's first visit.

Jesus said, "I will build My church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." At the on-set of the church, Jesus paused the fulfillment of that last seven years and began building His church, which is still in the process of being built. Once the church is completed, the Lord will appear in the atmosphere and call up the dead and the living in Him, where He will then take the entire church back to the Father's house.

Once that event has taken place, the Lord will pick up right where He left off with the unbelieving nation of Israel, in fulfillment of that last seven years, of the seventy seven year periods that were decreed upon them and Jerusalem, just as it was when the decree was made, complete with a temple and sacrifices. This will also be taking place during the time of God's wrath.

This will be God's program with Israel, where He will fulfill that last seven years. The church will have already been removed from the earth prior to the opening of the first seal, which is that rider on the white horse and which is representing the antichrist who is the one who establishes that seven year covenant with Israel and sets up the abomination in the holy place.

God knows who are His and He knows who and where the Israelites are. He has even reserved form himself 144,000 Israelites, 12,000 from each tribe, as the first fruits out of Israel, who will acknowledge Jesus as their Messiah. and who will be sealed in their foreheads with the seal of God at the beginning of that seven year period.

In further support of this, the woman of Revelation 12 who is clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and wearing a crown of twelve stars, is figuratively representing the nation Israel.

The woman/Israel flees out into the wilderness where she will be cared for by God for 1260 days, i.e. that last 3 1/2 years of that seven year period, until the Lord returns. At some point during that time when they are being cared for by God, the unbelieving nation of Israel will confess Jesus as their Messiah by saying, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord." And this is what Paul has to say about the unbelieving nation of Israel:

=======================================================================

I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come from Zion;

He will remove godlessness from Jacob.

27And this is My covenant with them

when I take away their sins.”

28Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account; but regarding election, they are loved on account of the patriarchs. 29For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable.

30Just as you who formerly disobeyed God have now received mercy through their disobedience, 31so they too have now disobeyed, in order that they too may now receive mercy through the mercy shown to you. 32For God has consigned everyone to disobedience so that He may have mercy on everyone.

========================================================================

Where Israel is referred to, it is speaking about the unbelieving Nation of Israel as a whole. Those who believed of both Jew and Gentile belong to the church.

In addition, from Ezekiel 40 thru 48, is a temple and its measurements that do not match any of the previous temples and is huge in comparison, which will be the temple used during the millennial kingdom for those Israelites who make it alive through God's entire wrath. It is this remnant of Israel and the Gentiles who will repopulate the earth during the millennial kingdom. Even the allotment of each tribes land is different than when they first inhabited the land.
I skimmed through all that looking for anything pertaining to the OP, which is that God never gathered Israel back to the land without them having first repented, and I didn't see anything refuting that.

So, by that are you agreeing with me that there's not a single instance where God did that?

It's not a difficult question: Did God ever gather them without them having first repented of whatever it was that got them scattered in the first place?

Aug 3, 2019
===========================================
After this I will return and rebuild the fallen tent of David.

Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it, so that the remnant of men may seek the Lord,

and all the Gentiles who are called by My name, says the Lord who does these things

that have been known for ages.’

==========================================

He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever. His kingdom will never end!”

The above is not talking about the church, but about the unbelieving nation of Israel.
Most certainly is the church there, but that's another discussion. Did God ever gather Israel back to the land without them first repenting? It seems to me you're dodging the question...

Edify

Jan 27, 2021

I must say I'm more interested in your name ending in "777", and the name of the one 'liking' your thread also ends with "777"

P

pottersclay

So, where in Scripture did God deviate from His divine principle and gather Israel back to the land without them repenting?

Oh, it's not there...but you're going to just pretend that doesn't matter, right?

(BTW, we can't take OT promises of restoration which were fulfilled in the return of Israel from Babylon and apply them to the future, especially since "Israel" still has yet to repent for killing Jesus, right?)
And this is the anti-semantic message that is the most dangerous spiritually.

Jesus said no man takes my life but I lay it down.....so keep with the scriptures.
Now you already made up your mind on o.t.scripture no need to try to give you a education.
You have no clue to the truth I can see it in your ignorant posts.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The kingdom is not of this world.....
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Joh 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

“God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them” (Hebrews 11:16).
The Bible says that God is building an awesome and huge city for His people—and it’s as real as any other city in the world!

“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God” (Revelation 21:2).
“O Lord my God … hear in heaven Your dwelling place” (1 Kings 8:28, 30).
At this moment, the holy city is in heaven.

The description of the city is in Rev 21. Nothing from Earth can be made so beautiful. God must be the builder.

“In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).
“Take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever” (Genesis 3:22).
The tree of life bears 12 kinds of fruit, is in the middle of the city (Revelation 2:7), and brings unending life and youth to all who eat from it. Even its leaves contain wonderful sustaining qualities. This tree will yield a new crop of fruit each month.

“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband” (Revelation 21:2).
“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth” (Matthew 5:5).
“The righteous will be recompensed on the earth” (Proverbs 11:31).
The majestic holy city will come down to this planet to become the capital of the earth made new. All the saved will have a home in this city.

This Earth will be destroyed and all the things on it, so don't invest in a city made by man, invest in the heavenly city made by God.

Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

P

pottersclay

Most certainly is the church there, but that's another discussion. Did God ever gather Israel back to the land without them first repenting? It seems to me you're dodging the question...
Jesus only held Israel accountable for not knowing there time of there visitation.

Let me just say this my friend. There are a few sects of jews . Many people don't know this and classify all jews the same. Not so.
That's why scripture refers to them as Pharisees. Pharisaic jews added to the word of God. Sadducees are another sect and so on.
The same as christians have denominations. Do a little studying on that.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I skimmed through all that looking for anything pertaining to the OP, which is that God never gathered Israel back to the land without them having first repented, and I didn't see anything refuting that.

So, by that are you agreeing with me that there's not a single instance where God did that?

It's not a difficult question: Did God ever gather them without them having first repented of whatever it was that got them scattered in the first place?
This is your understanding. there is a lot more yet to be fulfilled concerning the gathering of Israel. As concerning this Israel, the Beast will rise out of it and rule a time. There is a lot of Bible to read, meditate upon and gain understanding from required. Until Our Father gathers us to Him, Israel will not be.

Aug 3, 2019
And this is the anti-semantic message.
There’s lotsa anti-semantic folks here - have you seen some of their spelling mistakes? :p

As for anti-Semitic, I assure you I worship a Jewish Savior, believe in a Jewish Bible written by Jews.

How about a comment concerning the OP? Did God ever gather Israel back to the land without them first repenting?

Aug 3, 2019
Jesus only held Israel accountable for not knowing there time of there visitation.

Let me just say this my friend. There are a few sects of jews . Many people don't know this and classify all jews the same. Not so.
That's why scripture refers to them as Pharisees. Pharisaic jews added to the word of God. Sadducees are another sect and so on.
The same as christians have denominations. Do a little studying on that.
The 70 Weeks were a probationary period for the Jews to get their act together and herald the Messiah - they not only failed to do so, but rejected the Messiah when He came. The expiration of the 70 Weeks was when the Gospel was carried to the Gentiles.

God is done with Literal Israel and is now dealing with Spiritual Israel, per Isaiah 5. Prophecy must be reckoned by application of “Israel” to what Paul says is “Abraham’s seed” - Spiritual Israel which is the church.