When Humans Disappoint You

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusLives

Senior Member
Oct 11, 2013
14,731
2,342
113
Why is it that we want to believe what people say, but we find out that what they were saying they didn't really mean it? Do they themselves believe what they are saying? Is that how they are so convincing?

It hurts when you put yourself out there and trust that what is being said is the real thing and then you find out maybe not so. How do you again trust someone when others before have not been totally truthful?

You really want to believe what is being said, but your not sure and when you see the tell tale signs of distraction and loss of interest then you start to know that what you thought was something that might turn out o.k. is going to go south pretty fast.

It just makes it harder to reach out the next time to trust someone again. Maybe we are all just too selfish wanting our own way and this is why God tries to teach us to serve others and leave ourselves out of the picture. Jesus told us He came to serve not to be served when He was here on earth and He emptied Himself and did His Fathers will all the way to the cross.

He tried to teach us to really love each other and to even love our enemies. He healed people even when they weren't thankful as in the 10 lepers and only one came back to thank Him after he was healed and Jesus asked where are the other 9?

Maybe we expect too much out of each other. O.K. lesson learned I must keep my eyes on You Lord and stop looking to my human brothers and sisters, because we are human Lord and even I disappoint my fellow humans.
 
Humans are imperfect, look to God, He is perfection. Once we realise we are flawed we cease looking for perfection in people and just accept less than.
I also fall into the category of expecting too much from people - we just end up disappointed.
 
I think the thing is you hope that this time it will be different and then when it turns out the same way it is just so disappointing. I keep hoping.
 
Even Jesus said "I trust no man". We all are just struggling to say and do our thing. And that is why Jesus talked so much about forgiveness.
 
Yes, we are human and it is very much like what President Regan said many years ago, "Trust, but verify." This is a sad state of affairs. Your blog is fascinating.
 
Hi, Darlene!

This morning, in my way to reach the nearest town, I started to ask a lift (I wanted to save money and too often, the transportation in my hometown is greatly bad). Several cars passed by after the tiny bus, which was to it fullest capacity. Someone I don´t know came in and waved me -at distance- telling me "he was leading another way" so I briefly prayed to be on time and, 15 min laters, one of those I am known picked me up...

On that way to Pastor´s Ed I recognized that car passed on my way and I saw driving the very man who waved telling me a lie "I´m going another way" and I´m completely aware no one is obligued to take me where I want to go and it´s up to me to do what I want to do but, concerning lyings, where is it the problem? In me or them?

As long as I´m lied the problem is not mine. As you´ve said: "It just makes it harder to reach out the next time to trust someone again..." Trusting people is willingfully done individually and life itself will tell us when we´re wasting time and hopes. That forgiveness include me and all people I might encounter and it could be proved some have learned to lie themselves when they tell others: "I´m going another place" or "I don´t want to give you a hand or a lift". Each of us is responsible for what´s being done, just that way the good Samaritan could teach us well whenever we wanted to ignore those who are in need of a helping hand, a favor or our simple trust.

We don´t need to look at other´s failures, but ar ours, because we are to give one account of what we´ve done wrong.
 
Last edited:
The bible says we all have sinned and come short or God's Glory. There is none righteous no, not one. I believe in the words of someone when they tell me something. I expect them to do what they say. If it turns out that they are misleading. It is very disappointing. And yes, the trust factor is there. The next time I encounter them my guards will be up. That's why some things I say to someone I'm going to do such and such I try to say by God's Grace, just in case circumstances prevent me.