When It Comes to Dating, Do You Make the Cut? (Dating and Shaving.)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

When shaving, my weapon of choice is:

• Total voters
L

lil-rush

lol. Was your face all sticky and half-shaven once you finished attempting to shave?

Feb 18, 2010
lol. Was your face all sticky and half-shaven once you finished attempting to shave?
Hey, lil-rush. I really like your signature. It helps put things into perspective, because as Christians God's pleasure should be our main priority. Oh, and, no, my face wasn't sticky. hahaha It was the kind of whipcream you get from the can. So the only thing that happened was that it turned to liquid really fast and was dripping off my chin. Mainly it was slick, but I washed it off. ;)

Nov 2, 2009
Hehe at everyone and everything in this thread!

I found that I shaved more after i was dating and when i first got married - because i didn't want to gross him out - but then wen't back to my usual habits after awhile - which was still to shave regularly - but i guess just slightly less obsessed!

Now that i'm single again... i don't know - just normal, so i don't think more. Certainly more often in summer with singlet tops and shorts/skirts :)

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I use an electric razor but for dates I break out my expensive twin-blade with the $10 blade refills (!!!). I found out from Mens Health magazine that soap actually works better than shaving cream, but you have to use soap that doesnt leave your skin too dry. I use Dove and it does work better than any shaving cream I ever tried.

Now if only I had a date so I could use more of my expensive blade refills. :(

J

Jennifleur

You mean, the Dove soap? It does have moisturizers in it, which is probably why it works better. I have actually stumbled upon a new Skintimate shave cream, with various oils in it - it moisturizes extremely well. The problem, however, is that it is expensive. So I only use it under my arms, to help prevent bumps and nicks. My legs I'm pretty lazy about, and I just use a straight razor. My razor has one of those little moisturizing strips on it, so that seems to be all I need.

K

Kay_Kay

I shave in the shower, which means I shave everyday (regardless of relationship status.)

My boyfriend shaves a lot now because his stubble is like sandpaper. Like a built in kissing defense system if I brush my skin against his cheeks they will get red and patchy. Seriously, his hair is like small knives.

P

PlayOn

I shave everyday if Im in a relationship and when Im not. I just hate having facial hair so I shave everyday.

J

Jennifleur

Wait, isn't there an ice cream bar, made by Dove (the chocolate company) that is called a Dove bar? Hmm...

J

Jennifleur

Wow, that seriously made me laugh out loud...too funny!

B

babarainbowsheep

I love being shaved as it makes me feel fresher somehow.
When I am single and in relationship I shave and I dont shave more when I am in relationship than if I were single.
I shave about once a week.
Maybe more in summer.

If im down I should not stop shaving cause it does "liften" me somehow to feel smooth legs..
Feels so nice against material also like a skirt against the legs.

I like it when a man does not shave legs etc though.Prefer hairy legs.
But some do it for sports or cause they think it looks good in their taste.
I like a bita hairiness (not on me though)

I also pluck eyebrows every one or two weeks and have two or so annoying hairs on chin I pluck also
Thats about it for my "haircare"