When the Grinch really stole Christmas!!....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Back in my younger years when I sold Mary Kay cosmetics our group had a white elephant gift exchange every year for our Christmas party and we were instructed to bring the most unwanted or tacky gift possible.

One year I had a stand up vacuum cleaner that had died but the light still worked so I wrapped it up and my Director chose it and we all laughed so hard as I proclaimed that it was a moving flashlight on a stick.... Another year I took an old bicycle tire and clothes pinned scratch off lottery tickets to it and called it the Wheel of Fortune...

I am not sure who brought the taxidermy squirrel to the party but again our Director chose that gift and was so excited about it as she wanted to re-gift it to her son for Christmas. Well her son drove up and was coming in the house and she had to hide it quickly so she just bent down as she had on a full skirt and covered up the squirrel. Her son quickly ran through the house saying he had forgotten something the rest of us were laughing so hard we were crying as Didi stayed low to the ground covering the taxidermy squirrel until her son left the house. Tears streaming down our faces it was just so funny one of those things you'd have to be there to get the full effect...

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Back in my younger years when I sold Mary Kay cosmetics our group had a white elephant gift exchange every year for our Christmas party and we were instructed to bring the most unwanted or tacky gift possible.

One year I had a stand up vacuum cleaner that had died but the light still worked so I wrapped it up and my Director chose it and we all laughed so hard as I proclaimed that it was a moving flashlight on a stick.... Another year I took an old bicycle tire and clothes pinned scratch off lottery tickets to it and called it the Wheel of Fortune...

I am not sure who brought the taxidermy squirrel to the party but again our Director chose that gift and was so excited about it as she wanted to re-gift it to her son for Christmas. Well her son drove up and was coming in the house and she had to hide it quickly so she just bent down as she had on a full skirt and covered up the squirrel. Her son quickly ran through the house saying he had forgotten something the rest of us were laughing so hard we were crying as Didi stayed low to the ground covering the taxidermy squirrel until her son left the house. Tears streaming down our faces it was just so funny one of those things you'd have to be there to get the full effect...
When you mentioned tears of laughter, I can definitely picture all that happening lol.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Don't ever mess with a wind up musical clown. Battery powered - ok, but wind up's are..... they have to wind down before they're ....... finished.

My sister and I shared a room when we were little and she got this hideous doll that was about as tall as I was. It had black wavy hair and its lips were red, but more red than they should have been along with its cheeks. It was abominable. It would stand on its own and its eyes would click open. Only, one eye would click open before the other. And sometimes, they wouldn't close when you laid it down. It just stared. I swear I could hear its gruesome little plastic feet tick tick ticking across the wood floor at night.
This sounds absolutely terrifying. 😬

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I was given a transparent nightie from a member of my former husband's family. It was a re-gift. It had been washed. Time to go repress that memory again. Shudder.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
One year I found fishnet stockings in my letterbox, I suspect it was from a workmate who was stalking me.
I am now wary of wrapped gifts.

If you want to give gift, please just give me food, or flowers.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Oh man! Some of these posts are cracking me up :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I’ve been fortunate. I can’t think of any gift that I’ve received that deserves to be included in this thread lol

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well my sophomore year of college, I was in what was kind of like engineering shop class (something along the lines of making projects in the machine shop to help us understand how to do proper 3D and isometric drawings of stuffs, and understand a little about CNC, and it was a long time ago ok) and most of the presents I gave that year were stuff I made in class. So things like the deformed bracket ( I didn't get my cutting tool lined up right and so what was supposed to gently round the edge ended up cutting halfway into the top before rounding.....whoops) and bolt with off center collar went to the white elephant exchanges. Family members got some of the more useful stuff and I believe mom still has the little sort of chess piece thing in the type case and my brother still uses the letter holder thing.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
Last Christmas a nurse I work with gave me pepper spray. I thanked her politely. I’m excited to see what goody she has in store for me this year 😂

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I was given a transparent nightie from a member of my former husband's family. It was a re-gift. It had been washed. Time to go repress that memory again. Shudder.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Last Christmas a nurse I work with gave me pepper spray. I thanked her politely. I’m excited to see what goody she has in store for me this year 😂
Perhaps a tazer gun? 🤣

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Exactly. It was like when I was given a book of Helen Steiner Rice poems with no card attached. She wrote very "The sky is blue and always true, like the way I love you,..." type of poetry. She had a mass following but it was not exactly my wheelhouse, as in not at all. One of my friends looked at me with an innocent smile and said, "Oh what I lovely book. Why don't you read us one of the poems." Since I didn't know who gave it to me, and as one of the older ladies could have, I was force to read out loud. It wasn't until I got to the car and my friends broke down in hysterics that I knew I'd been well and truly played.

Aug 2, 2009
How so?

And surely you have some stories to share!
This forum used to be as fun and friendly as this thread. I remember how new members would sometimes complain because they felt left out. I can't think of any stories to share.