When There's a Little Too Much "Natural" in Your Natural... (Good Things Gone Horribly Wrong.)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Everyone,

This thread is all about good intentions gone bad. For instance, maybe you tried a new food, hobby, activity, way of living, or whatever it may be with a flush of enthusiasm and the very best of intentions, but something happened that was a bit over the top -- and you had to take a step back for a while, if not forever.

One of my biggest personal struggles is to try to hop onto the path of healthy eating and getting back to "natural" foods. Because spinach is one of the few vegetables I semi-like, I almost always increase my intake of spinach when I'm on a health kick (I'm pretty sure I've eaten the equivalent of entire fields of the green stuff in my lifetime.)

My top preference is for the bagged and fresh variety, because it's so convenient and easy to toss into almost anything else I'm having.

One day I as I was nonchalantly pouring my bag of "fresh", "triple washed" spinach into a bowl... Out fell a pair of eyes that were attached to a long body with long, spindly legs.

I'm not sure if my meal had been marked as the target of a modern-day Plague of Locusts, but -- a deceased grasshopper had been included in my daily serving of spinach. (Well, at least I could knock out both my veggie AND my protein requirements for that day.) And even though I'm not a vegan, I'm pretty sure that consuming a grasshopper with your salad would NOT be considered a vegan option.

How unfortunate that this poor little guy had just happened to land on or be resting among the very spinach leaves that were being harvested at the time. And the next place the little guy landed -- you guessed it -- was in the trash.

I had to shake my head over the fact that my good intentions for a "fresh" and "natural" lunch wound up being just a bit TOO fresh and TOO natural for me that day. And it really made me think about how much I just wanted a good old-fashioned grasshopper-less pizza. (I wonder if grasshoppers would be even more disdained as a pizza topping than pineapple...)

What about the rest of you?

* Have you ever attempted to start something with the very best of intentions, only to be thwarted by something totally unexpected?

* What was the straw (or pair of eyeballs) that broke your camel's back?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh I've had to pull back from LOTS of things. 35-loaf batches of sourdough bread, building my own computers, starting a recording studio... There's lots of things I once thought to do but gave up on.

At least I find, acknowledge and respect my limits. I know some people who don't and wind up crashing and burning spectacularly.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
*Lynx settles down on his perch to watch the show, as everybody takes the thread title way too literally and starts ranting about all natural foods and maybe textiles.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
*Lynx settles down on his perch to watch the show, as everybody takes the thread
title way too literally and starts ranting about all natural foods and maybe textiles.
Maybe we'll get the person who goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about wearing clothes. :giggle:

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
So I take it this is out of the question for you as a healthy snack:
1647278227310.png

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I tried to go on an all raw vegetable kick years ago... within 6 months my gallbladder rotted. Lol I got so sick. The doc said any extreme diet change can affect your gallbladder. Mine was full of stones and sludge and diseased.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I tried to go on an all raw vegetable kick years ago... within 6 months my gallbladder rotted. Lol I got so sick. The doc said any extreme diet change can affect your gallbladder. Mine was full of stones and sludge and diseased.
Oh man, I am so sorry you went through this, Pipp!

I think that's the most important thing of all that diet pushers never seem to get. Not every way of eating is for every person.

What changes did you have to make to help your gallbladder heal?

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Oh man, I am so sorry you went through this, Pipp!

I think that's the most important thing of all that diet pushers never seem to get. Not every way of eating is for every person.

What changes did you have to make to help your gallbladder heal?
Oh I had to have it removed... poor thing was diseased. It runs in families though... every woman in my family has had to have theirs removed. They said its very common.

But i did learn that with PCOS (with insulin resistance) that lower carbs works best for me.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Going au naturel can mean you just slap some mud all over your body instead of wearing clothes. Could work.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Timely thread! I just stepped in the house, I was at my little orchard. I had set up a bluebird house at the edge of the woods by the orchard and noticed it was crooked. I went over to straighten it and a flying squirrel popped out and stared at me. I guess he (or she) blinked first because it scurried up a tree and out of sight. I quickly straightened the house and retreated, hoping it will still nest there. So I guess sometimes an unexpected surprise is still a good one! I have seen many bluebirds in my day but only a few flying squirrels. And never eyeball-to-eyeball before!

T

TheIndianGirl

I am really bad at drinking enough water. I bought a colorful 32 ounce bottle last year and wanted to drink two of those per day. However, I stopped using it after about a month. I only drink water with my meals, so I try to drink enough glasses around those times, and I probably come close to 32 ounces per day (which is only 4 cups).

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Ive got one
I tried to make gardenia oil, by infusing my gardenia flowers with olive oil. But it didnt work...the gardenias went mouldy and I had to chuck them all out.

Some things you have to leave to the experts. You could also spend ages making lotions and potions but that might end up costing you more than it is to buy them ready made.

Also..dont use mayonnaise on your hair. Or at least, not Best mayonnaise. If you are to put something natural on you hair aloe vera works, as a conditioner but it might not be right for everyone as ppl have different types of hair.

G

Godsgirl83

Maybe we'll get the person who goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about wearing clothes. :giggle:
or maybe someone who prefers the all natural approach to clothing attire ;):p

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
I ate a canned chrysalis once because some foreign exchange student asked me too.

Tasted like peanuts 🥜 with a bad aftertaste.

But it came in a can, so it must have been food, right?

Kinda off topic, kinda on topic?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what...paint comes in a can too

J

JAPOV

I really like prunes! :giggle:

'Nuf said...

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I ate a canned chrysalis once because some foreign exchange student asked me too.

Tasted like peanuts 🥜 with a bad aftertaste.

But it came in a can, so it must have been food, right?

Kinda off topic, kinda on topic?
Did you "get butterflies in your stomach"...?:D

;)