When was the last time America was more/less normal?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • when Reagan was in office

• would say When Trump was in WH but... would still be there if US was normal...

• Total voters

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
"Normal" is pretty subjective based on worldview, age and where in the country they live since what an 80 year old, a 50 year old, and a 20 year old (three generations) is going to view as normal is going to be very different.

In the era that my parents grew up divorce was rare, in the 70's and 80's no fault divorce laws came into existence and generations since then (outside a Christian world view) would more than likely view it as normal.

Roe v Wade was decided in 1970 and for generations since then abortion on demand is considerably more likely to be considered normal.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
"Normal" is pretty subjective based on worldview, age and where in the country they live since what an 80 year old, a 50 year old, and a 20 year old (three generations) is going to view as normal is going to be very different.

In the era that my parents grew up divorce was rare, in the 70's and 80's no fault divorce laws came into existence and generations since then (outside a Christian world view) would more than likely view it as normal.

Roe v Wade was decided in 1970 and for generations since then abortion on demand is considerably more likely to be considered normal.

it's scary when u think about it... murder becoming normal. Even I... long years ago wondered what the right view on abortion was. But once I saw the gory pictures... babies in trash cans... !! I was 100% NO longer confused.

So you think about people in Congress who have also seen those pictures.. not just once or twice but every time a pro life bill comes up...

and ... as Senator John Kennedy from Louisiana said (though he was speaking of a different Leftie "position".. immigration)

They need an exorcism

I think most of Congress needs one of those... R and D alike..

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I submit that America has never been "normal."

Given it's History, one would be hard pressed to call any of the Historical events "normal."

We:

Credit a man for the discovery of America when 6 million people were already living here

Spread disease, captured, enslaved, and killed the indigenous peoples here when we came.

Bought black persons from Africa and enslaved them to enrich ourselves. Bought, sold, chained, beat, and killed them as we would. Man, woman, child, it made no matter.

Fought a Civil War killing untold numbers of our Citizens.

..............and this was all in just the first 100 years......

Normal? What is your definition of "normal?"

N

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
I submit that America has never been "normal."

Given it's History, one would be hard pressed to call any of the Historical events "normal."

We:

Credit a man for the discovery of America when 6 million people were already living here

Spread disease, captured, enslaved, and killed the indigenous peoples here when we came.

Bought black persons from Africa and enslaved them to enrich ourselves. Bought, sold, chained, beat, and killed them as we would. Man, woman, child, it made no matter.

Fought a Civil War killing untold numbers of our Citizens.

..............and this was all in just the first 100 years......

Normal? What is your definition of "normal?"

N
i guess i am comparing things today with things in the 50s

none of the things u list here is normal in my view or most people's view

wasn't going on in the 50s which is why i voted for the 50s...

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
In terms of political order, before FDR.

In terms of discernible social order, before LBJ.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
aa s a teenager in the late 80's, i got to experience a little bit of " normal america" before big brother government began to clamp down on freedom the 90's.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
aa s a teenager in the late 80's, i got to experience a little bit of " normal america" before big brother government began to clamp down on freedom the 90's.
the clamp is getting tighter

sickos in charge