and thus the scripture is fulfilled: know this first of all,that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking following after their own lusts and saying ( where is the promise of his coming? for ever since the fathers fell asleep all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation) the quoted part was fulfilled in your post. now i have come across many mockers and unbelievers of the pretribe rapture or even the rapture itself or Christ coming in our lifetime. I have seen them smirk and laugh because they were proven right since Jesus has not yet come. because of how i and others believe he is coming very soon they take great pride in being proven right everyday he does not come. Yet in all humbleness we continue to look to the sky because we know he is coming. The bible clearly warns we will be mocked and ridiculed for our faith and when indeed he does come it will be a shock because of the disbelief of his imminent return. many say he is coming soon or he is coming now and many reply soon to him could be ten or even 100 years from now. but this is simply not true, if The lord says he is coming soon then expect him soon. do not concern yourself with how soon is soon to him, do not say it could be years because while his time is different than ours he would not give us a false hope. so expect him in days and do not allow yourself to grow weary in waiting lest the bridegroom comes when stop believing or grow tired of waitingDo you see yourself referenced in scripture?You wouldn't be the first to expect the end within your own lifetime. As I've stated my own great grandmother thought this, and she died at age 102 almost 50 years ago. There is evidence in scripture that the Apostles believed Jesus would return in their lifetimes.
YES!!! GOD'S WORD SAYS BELIEVERS ""WILL"" KNOW WHEN JESUS IS AT THE DOOR READY TO RETURN!!! AND THAT TIME IS NOW!!!!===First Thessalonians 5:1-11
[SUP]1[/SUP]But of the times and seasons, my brothers, you have no need that I
should write to you.
[SUP]2[/SUP]For you yourselves know perfectly well that the
day of master comes like a thief in the night.
[SUP]3[/SUP]For when they will say, Peace and tranquility;
then sudden destruction will come on them, as travail on a pregnant woman; and
they will not escape.
[SUP]4[/SUP]But you, my brothers, are not in darkness, that
that day will overtake you as a thief.
[SUP]5[/SUP]You are
all the sons of light and the sons of the day; and you
are not the sons of the night, nor the sons of
darkness
Maybe it helps the guy see what hes writing better, i won't say his name if what my discernment tells me what it says i don't want to say it. maybe his cap tab is stuck, i'm not sure. If his name says what i think it says, i think it would be a nice gesture for him to change it.
GOD HAS NOT APPOINTED HIS BRIDE (BELIEVERS) TO WRATH!!! BUT YOU??
Wrath is not tribulation. Tribulation is not wrath. Which part do you not understand?
OR: get it straight from Arnold Murray.
word for word.
Karraster, (and everyone), I am learning and I have made mistakes as well here in the forums. It takes a lot of grace to not "react". If someone does not agree with you on something, it's not the end of the world. you can agree to disagree. We can know a lot of things about scripture, about God, prophesy, and the Holy Spirit, but if that which we "teach" to others will not be well received by the second party, then we have "taught" no one and our words were in vain and not spoken in Christ's love. There are exceptions however, because there will be weirdos and people who will not listen and have the spirit of satan, but most people are just a bunch of sinners who are Christians and make mistakes just as you and I do. No one ever has EVERYTHING all figured out. We can all learn from each other and as long as we read the Bible on our own, we will not be deceived when someone says something that is "off", if someone doesn't understand, and they are not yelling or acting very rudely, then I think they deserve the time to understand and learn. I've made mistakes in here with letting people ruffle my feathers, we are all works in progress. Try to do as the moderator said in here, and walk away from your computer for a short time, then come back and respond civilly. (I've failed at it too! but I'm learning)
God bless
Matthew 24 was talking about the descendents of Jacob whose name was changed to Israel. It is not talking about the country Israel. of the Middle East.
The rapture is right around the corner now, praise God. And I for one will be happy to see the "wheat" taken from this cesspool of a planet...
Good luck to all you "tares"...you were warned... \o/
Cycel said:Have you ever noticed that those who seem most keen on looking for the evidence of the end times are often the same people who are somewhat prone to various conspiracy theories? Or is it just the conspiracy theorist in me who imagines this?
Interesting idea, Stephen. I hadn’t thought of that connection before. The question then becomes are they prone to believing these interlinked conspiracies because of their belief in the End Times? My brother-in-law, for example, is an atheist yet he strikes me as something of a conspiracy theorist. At a family gathering he expressed the view that the crown was behind the death of Lady Diana. I tore a strip of him, which I had never done before, and I’ve never heard the nonsense repeated. My brother thinks aliens may be visiting earth. He converted to Catholicism some years ago, more to please his wife I think than out of any true conviction. I never hear him speak of End Times, though he does talk about aliens a fair bit, and ghosts.It is so that this is true. The reason is because the govt./big business/religion conspiracies are directly related to last day conditions leading up to the coming of Christ. There must be a takeover of govt/business/religion to hand over control to the Antichrist. It's the setting of the stage.