When will my life be complete?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

sajamor

Nov 2, 2018
I've come a long way in the last fifteen months, thanks in quite a great part to my church. I'm on three teams there and helped out at a couple of groups when I was only working part time. I also go to one home group and will soon be joining another.

However, it feels like a lot of my interactions at these are only quite peripheral and other people have closer relationships with each other. It also doesn't help that I work mostly alone, live alone and have no partner.

I have joined some free dating sites, not being in a position this month to have paid membership. However, most of the men who've contacted me don't seem suitable - either there's not enough common ground, they're too far away or they're just out for one thing/weird.

Then there's uncertainty over my job; my fixed term contract as a charity shop assistant manager ends on 2 July. If I get the shop manager's job (which I have effectively been doing for six months now) that would be the best option financially. However, it does sometimes leave me feeling isolated and overwhelmed as well as quite often too tired to work on my writing and part time course. It just never feels like everything comes together and balances out properly.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am 40 years of age. Trust me, it never gets better. You always feel like you are winging it.

But...

Somehow things always come out okay.

R

RodB65

🎶Love is in the air...

and it's pooping on my head... 🎶

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I'd say you've come a long way! I'm proud you are in such a good position for the manager job. One thing that's helped me (and it's not on account of me - believe me, if I could foul things up I would) is that I don't covet. I really don't. I don't want for things others have. In other words, I don't look at somebody's new truck or jet ski or even that case knife - third of the shark series I'm missing - and feel unhappy or jealous about not having it. I just don't! I'm not bragging - that would suggest I had something to do with it. I'm pretty sure it's just a gift. But this gift goes beyond material things, sajamor. It goes into the darker crevices of the carnal mind. It allows me to feel happy when other's are in relationships or happy when someone gets a promotion I tried so hard for. Doesn't mean I'm not sad about it. But it does mean I am blessed with a happier outlook. An outlook to try again, to work harder, to search in earnest, to be optimistic, maybe finding some day that circa 1970 mako shark Case knife for my own.

But I wish you well sajamor! You sound ok.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I've come a long way in the last fifteen months, thanks in quite a great part to my church. I'm on three teams there and helped out at a couple of groups when I was only working part time. I also go to one home group and will soon be joining another.

However, it feels like a lot of my interactions at these are only quite peripheral and other people have closer relationships with each other. It also doesn't help that I work mostly alone, live alone and have no partner.

I have joined some free dating sites, not being in a position this month to have paid membership. However, most of the men who've contacted me don't seem suitable - either there's not enough common ground, they're too far away or they're just out for one thing/weird.

Then there's uncertainty over my job; my fixed term contract as a charity shop assistant manager ends on 2 July. If I get the shop manager's job (which I have effectively been doing for six months now) that would be the best option financially. However, it does sometimes leave me feeling isolated and overwhelmed as well as quite often too tired to work on my writing and part time course. It just never feels like everything comes together and balances out properly.
I feel that you are carrying too much on your plate. Perhaps just one team instead of 3 and maybe only 1 home group or none instead of 2. I believe that you can serve God just by having a job and not necessarily by all of the church activity's. Yes, work can drain your energy and not leave time for the other things that interest and are importance to you but is necessary to pay the bills. I understand about loneliness and I am sure that you have probably prayed to God about this. Please understand this, that God wants us to have life an have it more abundantly so your status may change, perhaps sooner rather than later. Glad to have you as part of our family and I'm looking forward to your posts. Welcome to CC.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am 40 years of age. Trust me, it never gets better. You always feel like you are winging it.

But...

Somehow things always come out okay.
I usually manage to get by on a wing and a prayer. The struggle is real.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
With our one motor gone
We can still carry on
Coming in on a wing and a prayer

May 16, 2019
life is one step forward ,2 steps back and stuck in the middle an way off track.bahahah

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

Possibly never. There is no guarantee it ever will. Some people manage to strike a balance and have some good things happen, but really there are no promises that will ever happen.
I'm 43 and feel that's never happened for me. Nor any sign it ever will.
All you can really do is wait it out and see and try to make smart choices to help it along.

Brandon123

May 15, 2019

I have to agree with tourist...work can be very difficult at times...it takes up a good size chunk of life but it is a good thing...a blessing.Ive been coming to cc for about a week I think 🤔 I feel very lonely too at times and pretty much all of my good friends have gotten married..but though I’m still not sure what to say I’m kind of finding some fellowship...even if it’s just enjoying reading others posts I feel connected and that makes a big difference...

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I believe just as God can fill bored and restless hearts of (my) bored kids, only God can make us all complete. That does not mean you need not find your life partner, or to have ambition and seek higher things/wages/whatever... but as you seek His kingdom more and more, God will add all the other things you desire in your heart. God bless!