Where Did Cain find his two wives

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Enocish

Nov 9, 2017
If Cain was first born, then able. Then no one else yet, then Cain took wives and bare children, Then Seth, where did his wives come from?

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
LOL, Match.com or should I say Matches.com

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
Where in the Bible does it say that God ONLY created Adam and Eve? Just because they are the only two mentioned specifically, because they were first, doesn't mean they were the only people created....But eh, that's just my take on things.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Where is it written that the LORD created Adam & Eve?

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
Gen 5:2

The female was only called Eve later.

And Adam called his wife's name Eve;
Gen 3:20

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
Where is it written that the LORD created Adam & Eve?

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
Gen 5:2

The female was only called Eve later.

And Adam called his wife's name Eve;
Gen 3:20
reread my question. I asked where it says God ONLY created Adam and eve....

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Isn't this hair-splitting or am i Just not understanding the point of the op¿?

Of course Eve was not named Eve until Adam gave her the name but this cannot take away fro her being Eve , created by God, just as Adam was named after God formed him from the dust, ergo his name, Adam.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
If Cain was first born, then able. Then no one else yet, then Cain took wives and bare children, Then Seth, where did his wives come from?
From the world around the garden...God made man male and female from the beginning.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
We're not given the whole information in chapter 4. Chapter 5 reveals that Adam and Eve had many other sons and daughters.

1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

After Abel, Eve had Seth and other sons and daughters.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
------
reread my question. I asked where it says God ONLY created Adam and eve....
Re-read my post ;) generally speaking if a person is specifically referring unto the post of another member they will quote what the person said as I have done above or might denote @ >>>>>>GardenofWeeden at the beginning of their post.

So yes, you asked the reader where does it say that God only made....

And I asked the reader where it is written that the LORD created Adam and Eve since there is a reason Cor 11:3 is written to state:
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

So I apologize if it appeared that I was commenting on your post.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
We're not given the whole information in chapter 4. Chapter 5 reveals that Adam and Eve had many other sons and daughters.

1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

After Abel, Eve had Seth and other sons and daughters.
Yes, but it is written in Genesis 6:1 that it came to pass when men began to multiple upon the face of the earth,
and daughters were born unto them,

S

SpoonJuly

Adam and Eve has many children during their long life.
As is often the case in the Bible, only sons are mentioned while daughters are not.
We have no idea how old Cain was when he killed Able.
It is obvious that Cain married a sister, niece, or cousin.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Where in the Bible does it say that God ONLY created Adam and Eve? Just because they are the only two mentioned specifically, because they were first, doesn't mean they were the only people created....But eh, that's just my take on things.
If there WERE others...why did he only single out Adam and Eve for the Bible? I believe they were the first human beings...

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Adam and Eve has many children during their long life.
As is often the case in the Bible, only sons are mentioned while daughters are not.
We have no idea how old Cain was when he killed Able.
It is obvious that Cain married a sister, niece, or cousin.
Ok..i was with you until you said ".... It is obvious...." where did u get that understanding that he married a relative?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Isn't this hair-splitting or am i Just not understanding the point of the op¿?

Of course Eve was not named Eve until Adam gave her the name but this cannot take away fro her being Eve , created by God, just as Adam was named after God formed him from the dust, ergo his name, Adam.
Yeah..im not sure if the OP is a legit question or just curiosity since not EVERY itty bitty thing is in the Bible..maybe we dont NEED to know..its not important..God wanted us to see the BIG picture than split hairs..lol

S

SpoonJuly

Ok..i was with you until you said ".... It is obvious...." where did u get that understanding that he married a relative?
All mankind comes from Adam and Eve. We are all their kind folks.
Depending on how much time passed before Cane killed Able would determine who the relative might be.
You and me be cousins:cool:

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
All mankind comes from Adam and Eve. We are all their kind folks.
Depending on how much time passed before Cane killed Able would determine who the relative might be.
You and me be cousins:cool:
Lol...its the "kissin cousins" id be worried bout..lol...

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Yes, but it is written in Genesis 6:1 that it came to pass when men began to multiple upon the face of the earth,
and daughters were born unto them,
Chapter 6 takes us back to the beginning of Genesis 5. Chapter 5 identifies only the promised seed of Genesis 3:15 up to Noah and his three sons.

M

Miri

Probably from the other thousand or so threads on the same subject,
things have a way of multiplying!

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Not everything in scripture should be taken literally.
It is not a sin if we don't understand every word as
long as we love the Lord our God with all our heart.

Enocish

Nov 9, 2017
What if I told you each race was created equally but separately. and just as the angels took wives for themselves, and had offspring, lucifer beguiled eve and had offspring, also what if I said that Cain was that offspring belonging to the serpent and able belonged to Adam, No other children had been born to the eight-day Adam and eve. until Seth, and Cain chose his 2 wives from one of the other races in the land of nod,
Would saying these things put to rest a lot of questions or would it create more. Or would anyone even really care?

What are your thoughts