Where has Biblical Modesty gone???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
a tight bun, a stern face and black lace up granny shoes is the acceptable apparel for many

and the dress should be ugly as home made sin and be effectual in causing people to have an upset tummy

that way men will be able to look around and not be accused of leering
Some may have issue with the tight bun aspect.

7seasrekeyed

The member was not judging you but rather offering her estimation.

right

but when the op makes a comment like ' Modesty is obviously more of a problem for women than men' then I kind of think
'huh..the actual reason for the op just reared it's ugly head' o_O

Apr 12, 2019
The member was not judging you but rather offering her estimation.
Fair enough, well it still irrelevant to the discussion and i do teach that men need to dress modestly aswell, i have just been focusing on women because thats where the bulk of the issue is, people may not agree but thats the gist of 1st Tim 2:9

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
right

but when the op makes a comment like ' Modesty is obviously more of a problem for women than men' then I kind of think
'huh..the actual reason for the op just reared it's ugly head' o_O
Based on the OP there does seem to be an agenda and is a vehicle for bashing women.

7seasrekeyed

Fair enough, well it still irrelevant to the discussion and i do teach that men need to dress modestly aswell, i have just been focusing on women because thats where the bulk of the issue is, people may not agree but thats the gist of 1st Tim 2:9

oh you teach!!

well oopsie daisie...this is a discussion forum

many here teach or have their own teachers so don't get huffy

I will tell you though, I am so up to here with hearing how everything is a woman's fault

is that how Jesus treated women?

I kid you now then I say the worst accidental clothing I ever saw was on a man, wearing shorts up front on the music team

that's all I'm gonna say :cautious:

Apr 12, 2019
hmm sure, if there was some type of agenda, then why did i say it can also apply to men also in the post? i did that so that i would include men in this not just women.

The problem is our sin nature distorts reality, we start running to conculsions.

7seasrekeyed

hmm sure, if there was some type of agenda, then why did i say it can also apply to men also in the post? i did that so that i would include men in this not just women.

haha

listen...I live in Fl and have some real nice swampland you might be interested in

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Perhaps but there may be more serious issues to consider besides women wearing hot pants. Modesty seems to be more of an opinion than fact.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

The problem is our sin nature distorts reality, we start running to conculsions.
OK, what are some of the issues pertaining to men dressing modestly? As you mentioned in the scripture, the issue seems to pertain to women.

Apr 12, 2019
Perhaps but there may be more serious issues to consider besides women wearing hot pants. Modesty seems to be more of an opinion than fact.
Ok but this is a post about biblical modesty, there is many topics that people are free to make and discuss and no Modesty is indeed a fact, sorry.

Apr 12, 2019
OK, what are some of the issues pertaining to men dressing modestly? As you mentioned in the scripture, the issue seems to pertain to women.
For example, Men wearing tank tops to a church would be inappropriate and sinful.

7seasrekeyed

For example, Men wearing tank tops to a church would be inappropriate and sinful.
I'm not into men wearing tank tops anyway, but what if it was 110 degrees out and there was no AC?

or what if women wore no tops at all like missionaires were known to come across back in the day?

so many questions? :oops::unsure:

my favorite sin to hate on is GOSSIP

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ok but this is a post about biblical modesty, there is many topics that people are free to make and discuss and no Modesty is indeed a fact, sorry.
You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about. This thread you created is a topic of interest for you and you have the right as a member to express your opinion. Please keep in mind though that others have the same right. Modesty is actually a popular topic and this thread is running the usual course. Sorry about the playful banter back and forth but that's typical because some have been members for years, know each other and their temperament quite well and have a lot of shared memories of many previous threads. You're not doing anything wrong or acting out of line in any way.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Not sure about the sinful part but perhaps a bit disrespectful if there were other more modest wearing apparel in their wardrobe. Personally, I wouldn't dress like that in church. I was wearing jeans and a T-shirt for years but lately have been trending towards a suit and a tie. Nothing wrong with wearing jeans and a T-shirt though, at least in my estimation.

Apr 12, 2019
You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about. This thread you created is a topic of interest for you and you have the right as a member to express your opinion. Please keep in mind though that others have the same right. Modesty is actually a popular topic and this thread is running the usual course. Sorry about the playful banter back and forth but that's typical because some have been members for years, know each other and their temperament quite well and have a lot of shared memories of many previous threads. You're not doing anything wrong or acting out of line in any way.
Thanks, it may seem like im really into modesty, but the truth is by God's grace im skilled in all types of theology.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thanks, it may seem like im really into modesty, but the truth is by God's grace im skilled in all types of theology.
I'm sure that you are going to fit right in here. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.