Where have I been all my life!?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cherries

Senior Member
Feb 21, 2007
477
9
18
HI FOLKS!

This is my first blog so bare with me. My real name is Diana and I have recently come back to cc after not being here for awhile. In the past I have come here on and off over the years. But I have been a member here since 2007. My life (like everyone) has had many twists and turns, as well as seemingly impossible obstacles. It took a lot of poor decisions and many mistakes for me to get to where I am at the moment. My most recent boo-boo was getting into my first relationship ever with a guy who couldn't careless about me and took advantage of me to say the least. I never thought that I would have to leave a good job and the place I called home because of someone. I traveled all the way from my home sweet home Massachusetts to end up in sportsman paradise Louisiana.

How did you end up there?
You maybe asking... I ask myself the same thing sometimes. I have my brother and his wife here who have generously opened their home to me because I had no one and nowhere else to go. Although I am very close to my brother I really hate depending on people. I have gone from place to place and never had a feeling of home, especially when I lived with my mother and her boyfriend. Now I moved to LA within the first week of June this year. Being limited in options on where to go, living with my brother was the only choice I had. I packed one suitcase, a small book bag and sent a package and left everything I had at my ex's apartment after I found out he cheated on me right after I presented him with gifts I bought for his birthday. Leaving everything behind. I am in debt, I have no money and do not drive at all. Now I struggle to get over my hurt and try to start from scratch everything I worked so hard to accomplish. Oddly enough this had to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I realize now that when God doesn't want you somewhere He will allow things to happen to put you in a better path. I may be on the ground but I am enjoying the view of the sky from down here, reminding me that NOW I can look forward to what God will do with my life and look forward to conquering even more challenges just to be able to get back on my feet. I look at this chapter as an adventure. I hope that I will meet great people and get to hear stories of others as well. So I ask you my friends, will you join me as I share my stories, dreams, goals and accomplishments with you all. Take my hand and lets go for a bumpy ride!

Philippians 4:13

13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 
I'm glad that you decided to post in the forums. If you want to meet a lot of great peeps I recommend that you visit the Speak Your Mind thread in the Bible Discussion Forum. There are many regulars that post there all of the time and bickering and dissention is not tolerated. Everybody is respectful of each other. It's like one big happy family.

You told quite a story. A couple years ago I lost everything too and had to start over. It's been a struggle at times but God has blessed me with a wonderful wife.

Looking forward to your posts. Every member on this site has a story, thanks for sharing a page of yours.
 
Good to "meet" you Diana! Thank you for sharing part of your story with us. :)
 
Thank you and its a pleasure meeting both of you. Thank you for taking the time to read it! And I will definitely check out that thread tourist. :D
 
Yep, sometimes God lets us get into such difficult situations that we have to turn to Him to survive.

Thank God we can always trust Him to accept us as soon as we once again turn our attention to Him.

I hope to someday learn to turn to Him before I have no choice but to turn to Him.

:D
 
Hi,

It looks like my Ex-Girlfriend and your Boyfriend would be a great match. I also am reeling from the relationship. I am sorry you were so hurt. Remember only accept real love and trust how you truly feel. I always can tell if people are good but usually don't act on my feelings. Now I always do.

God Bless
 
EarnestQ;bt19716 said:
Yep, sometimes God lets us get into such difficult situations that we have to turn to Him to survive.

Thank God we can always trust Him to accept us as soon as we once again turn our attention to Him.

I hope to someday learn to turn to Him before I have no choice but to turn to Him.

:D

thank you for sharing EarnestQ, i think all of us at some point have turned away from God just to realize at the end He is the only one we can turn too and depend on. I am so glad our Lord and savior is faithful despise all that we do against Him! He is truly wonderful and merciful. God bless you!
 
Leopold1;bt19725 said:
Hi,

It looks like my Ex-Girlfriend and your Boyfriend would be a great match. I also am reeling from the relationship. I am sorry you were so hurt. Remember only accept real love and trust how you truly feel. I always can tell if people are good but usually don't act on my feelings. Now I always do.

God Bless

Thank you Leo, I hope everything works out for you. Hang in there and trust God to pull you through difficult time and He will never let you down. God bless you