Where in the BIBLE DOES the sole have everlasting life ???????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I have had mine over 1 1/2 years and they are probably serviceable for at least another 6 months.
i don't actually put that many miles on them at work; i do more standing or sitting by a computer station than anything, manipulating & analyzing data. collecting the data isn't more than a few yards from my equipment. it is at least a mile to the parking lot from the lab tho lol!

i wonder how quickly @mailmandan goes through soles?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
What about at the Transfiguration of Jesus when Moses and Elijah appeared Bud , they through the Holy Spirit was clearly seen by Peter and John , they were alive...

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Where in the BIBLE DOES the sole have everlasting life ???????
In defeet?

And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by de feet and worshipped him.
Matt 28:9

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
existence is eternal, because it derives from the Eternal One who created you.
whether we rise to eternal life or to eternal death -- as God defines life and death -- hinges on being found in Christ.
So are you saying that the universe wasn't created as written in Genesis 1:1?

The ancients held that from nothing comes nothing which is also the is the consensus of the scientific world being one of the first of all natural laws. If one holds the universe is eternal then except but for mental defect wouldn't have any reason to believe Genesis 1:1 was true. If the universe is eternal then God didn't create anything since everything which exists had always existed, being eternal.

Just saying.....

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
So are you saying that the universe wasn't created as written in Genesis 1:1?
no, i'm not saying that - i'm talking about the soul. i only mentioned plastics and metals etc. to demonstrate that existence and life are not equivalent.
nothing indeed comes from nothing - but creation comes from a God who has no beginning or end, who is both The Beginning and The End. physics isn't overturned by creation; physics is His design in creation - conservation of energy isn't defied by Him making the universe, because He added energy to it: it's not a closed system; it receives momentum from Him who made it. time is also a creation; God is not naturally bound by it, but He made it, and put things in it. it is not unnatural for Him who created the soul to make it after His own eternal qualities. as Solomon said, God put eternity in our hearts, yet in such a way that we cannot perceive.

this is an infinite line, stretching in both directions without end:

and this also is an infinite line ((technically a '
ray')), stretching in only one direction without end:

it still has infinite length even though it has a definite beginning. both can represent a graph of existence over time - so to say a soul is created eternal isn't a contradiction, having been created yet still unending, nor is it necessarily saying existence of the soul stretches backwards in time eternally.

He can do all things. He can destroy the soul in hell, if He were to choose to. but is this His intent? what does Jesus Christ mean when He says, He is not a god of the dead, but God of the living - that all live to Him?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
no, i'm not saying that - i'm talking about the soul. i only mentioned plastics and metals etc. to demonstrate that existence and life are not equivalent.
nothing indeed comes from nothing - but creation comes from a God who has no beginning or end, who is both The Beginning and The End. physics isn't overturned by creation; physics is His design in creation - conservation of energy isn't defied by Him making the universe, because He added energy to it: it's not a closed system; it receives momentum from Him who made it. time is also a creation; God is not naturally bound by it, but He made it, and put things in it. it is not unnatural for Him who created the soul to make it after His own eternal qualities. as Solomon said, God put eternity in our hearts, yet in such a way that we cannot perceive.

and this also is an infinite line ((technically a 'ray')), stretching in only one direction without end:

it still has infinite length even though it has a definite beginning. both can represent a graph of existence over time - so to say a soul is created eternal isn't a contradiction, having been created yet still unending, nor is it necessarily saying existence of the soul stretches backwards in time eternally.

He can do all things. He can destroy the soul in hell, if He were to choose to. but is this His intent? what does Jesus Christ mean when He says, He is not a god of the dead, but God of the living - that all live to Him?
You are talking about things that don't have life to even start with, and can't die. This don't make no sence at all,

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
You are talking about things that don't have life to even start with, and can't die. This don't make no sence at all,
do those things exist?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
it only doesn't make sense to you because you are thinking existence and life are equivalent, and that non-existence and death are equivalent. they're not.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn

and this also is an infinite line ((technically a 'ray')), stretching in only one direction without end:

God says in Ezekiel 18:4 behold all souls are mine as the soul of the father so also the soul of the son is mine the soul that sinneth , it shall die , HE dose NOT say the BODY. Buy the SOUL, JESUS says John 3:16 SHOULD not perish, Perish means to be GONE .NO EXISTENCE.
YOU are going against people, BUT ARE GOING AGAINST GOD HIMSELF. Look up Perish. And HIS WORD OF JESUS.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
it only doesn't make sense to you because you are thinking existence and life are equivalent, and that non-existence and death are equivalent. they're not.
Only the DUST that remains , of the lost is ALL THAT WILL EXIST. NOTHING ELSE.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
God says in Ezekiel 18:4 behold all souls are mine as the soul of the father so also the soul of the son is mine the soul that sinneth , it shall die , HE dose NOT say the BODY. Buy the SOUL, JESUS says John 3:16 SHOULD not perish, Perish means to be GONE .NO EXISTENCE.
YOU are going against people, BUT ARE GOING AGAINST GOD HIMSELF. Look up Perish. And HIS WORD OF JESUS.
i am not going against God, Bud. you're falsely equivocating death with cessation of existence.

who is it that is resurrected? people who do not exist?

concerning the dead, that they rise, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the burning bush passage, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. You are therefore greatly mistaken.
(Mark 12:26-27)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
(Matthew 25:46)
see if you can explain these words.
who is in everlasting punishment? imaginary souls that don't exist?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
They will be burnt up JUST LIKE THE SOUL. going back to the earth from where it came from.
the soul doesn't go to dust; it isn't made of dust.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the dust will be dissolved by fervent heat ((2 Peter 3:10))

souls aren't made of dust.
man did not become a living soul until God breathed into the dust He formed his body with ((Genesis 2:7))

many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
some to everlasting life, some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(Daniel 12:2)
how will someone who doesn't even exist receive everlasting shame?
who is resurrected, Bud? people who exist or people who do not exist?
people or purely non-existent fantasies?

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
the dust will be dissolved by fervent heat ((2 Peter 3:10))
So if something cannot come from nothing can you explain how something can be made into nothing?

how will someone who doesn't even exist receive everlasting shame?
Posthumously :unsure: Shame that had to miss the award ceremony....

who is resurrected, Bud? people who exist or people who do not exist?
Since the eternal has always existed, why would someone who is eternal need to be resurrected? And if someone needs to be resurrected then they aren't eternal.