Where is everyone from?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Proper English is spoken in the South of the US where I live!

Some years ago I was driving through the Nullabor and stopped for self service petrol (proper English is gasoline). The Aussie first took my money then said "you talk like Jimmy Carter!" Note: he first took my money.... those Aussies are smart. Still, I took his comment as a compliment.
proper English ? 😆

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Actually, there is no such thing as "proper" English. ;)

The "English" you claim to speak in the South of the US is "bad" English; if you wish to speak "good" English, I suggest you come to the UK (United Kingdom) and learn it. :p

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020

The "English" you claim to speak in the South of the US is "bad" English; if you wish to speak "good" English, I suggest you come to the UK (United Kingdom) and learn it. :p
It ain’t bad, it’s Southern👍

Nov 15, 2020

the UK, for good English ? 😆

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

As per correct grammar in English, the worst grammar I have heard in a people speaking English has been those of the UK, England specifically.

Although the accents are quite charming most English do not know a collective noun from a standard.. Oft time they will not conjugate verbs properly.

And much more.

It is true the past several decades the education system in the US has fallen greatly into an abyss of ignorance, however the language is basically more grammatically correct than that of the English system where the accent seems to outweigh the grammar.

When reading of the English actor, Michael Cane *Caine:), it was said when he attended college that he came out with an acceptable accent, no mention of acceptable grammar., and so it goes.

We do understand each other though, and this is 99 percent of speaking linguistically

Personally, I love to hear a good English accent, but I do recognize the errors in grammar..

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The "English" you claim to speak in the South of the US is "bad" English; ...
We don't just claim to speak it - we really do speak it. :p

And - it is not "bad" English - it is lazy + practical English. :D

A good example is when we say 'jeetyet?' - which means:

"Did you eat, yet?"

or

"Have you eaten [as] of late?"

(I am laughing right now. I hope you are too.)

Nov 15, 2020
As per correct grammar in English, the worst grammar I have heard in a people speaking English has been those of the UK, England specifically.

Although the accents are quite charming most English do not know a collective noun from a standard.. Oft time they will not conjugate verbs properly.

And much more.

It is true the past several decades the education system in the US has fallen greatly into an abyss of ignorance, however the language is basically more grammatically correct than that of the English system where the accent seems to outweigh the grammar.

When reading of the English actor, Michael Cane *Caine:), it was said when he attended college that he came out with an acceptable accent, no mention of acceptable grammar., and so it goes.

We do understand each other though, and this is 99 percent of speaking linguistically

Personally, I love to hear a good English accent, but I do recognize the errors in grammar..
you could call me 🤔 or maybe not 😆

Nov 15, 2020
We don't just claim to speak it - we really do speak it. :p

And - it is not "bad" English - it is lazy + practical English. :D

A good example is when we say 'jeetyet?' - which means:

"Did you eat, yet?"

or

"Have you eaten [as] of late?"

(I am laughing right now. I hope you are too.)
😆 oh ...... dear ....

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yup. I done et. S'good too. Sausage bikket 'n fried taters.

Jan 24, 2021
Jamaica:D

I don't have one, but yes may God bless those air conditioners hehe and the fans as well.

I'm sitting outside. Its cloudy but hot, and hardly any wind. We might get some more rain.
I have a question for you. Is it true that China is paying your countries debt to install a military base there?

Nov 15, 2020

Some years ago I was driving through the Nullabor and stopped for self service petrol (proper English is gasoline). The Aussie first took my money then said "you talk like Jimmy Carter!" Note: he first took my money.... those Aussies are smart. Still, I took his comment as a compliment.
that is interesting.

Reformed1689

Jun 1, 2018
Praise be! The thread resurrected!

Also, Kansas, Missouri, now Georgia.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
oh another 'usa' thread, well Im not from there. sorry,

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
it is an "where is everyone from" thread, we can't all be fortunate to be Australian.:):giggle:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
oh another 'usa' thread, well Im not from there. sorry,
Are you anywhere near that seaquake? No mattter all there are prayed for. May you always be safe and blessed.