Where is the land of Moriah?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 4, 2017
Starting from 6:09 - about the location of the land of Moriah.

We have a chance to test this hypothesis.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Very interesting. But since you are suggesting that the Lord will bypass Jerusalem, how will you reconcile this with your hypothesis?

And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. (Zech 14:17).

Apr 4, 2017
Very interesting. But since you are suggesting that the Lord will bypass Jerusalem, how will you reconcile this with your hypothesis?

And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. (Zech 14:17).
The earthly name "Jerusalem" has a heavenly twin. Heavenly Jerusalem is a state of mind, the totality of our spirits, who rejoice in salvation in Jesus Christ.

But be ye glad and rejoice for ever [in that] which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
(Isaiah 65:18 )

Therefore, I translate the words of the prophet Zechariah as follows:

If ministers of religion will not worship God, rejoicing in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, they will not receive the blessings from God.

Rain is a symbol of blessing from God. And the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) is the circumcision of Jesus Christ and the birth of the name "Jesus." Because Jesus Christ was born 8 Tishrei, 7 days before the Feast of Tabernacles. This is the real, biblical Christmas of Jesus Christ, and not the fake, pagan celebration of the sun god, which today celebrates the whole world.

And it shall come to pass, [that] every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that [have] no [rain;] there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

(Zech 14:16,18)

"family of Egypt" - religious people.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Where is the land of Moriah? QUOTE said:
2Ch_3:1  Then Solomon began to build the house of the LORD at Jerusalem in mount Moriah, where the LORD appeared unto David his father, in the place that David had prepared in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

threshingfloor

David "bought" the threshingfloor (37 acre Temple Mt area) from Araunah the Jebusite. & built an altar to the Lord so that a “plague may be held back from the people” (SEE 2 Sam 24:18-25 & 1 Chron 21:21-26)

Apr 4, 2017
2Ch_3:1  Then Solomon began to build the house of the LORD at Jerusalem in mount Moriah, where the LORD appeared unto David his father, in the place that David had prepared in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

threshingfloor

David "bought" the threshingfloor (37 acre Temple Mt area) from Araunah the Jebusite. & built an altar to the Lord so that a “plague may be held back from the people” (SEE 2 Sam 24:18-25 & 1 Chron 21:21-26)
Yes, thank you, I will correct it.

Apr 4, 2017
Error in video is fixed.

Apr 4, 2017
It would seem that the Apocrypha should support the official view that the land of Moriah is located in Jerusalem. However, we read:

https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/23.htm

83 And Sarah laid her head upon the bosom of one of her handmaids, and she became as still as a stone.

84 She afterward rose up and went about making inquiries till she came to Hebron, and she inquired of all those whom she met walking in the road, and no one could tell her what had happened to her son.

85 And she came with her maid servants and men servants to Kireath-arba, which is Hebron, and she asked concerning her Son, and she remained there while she sent some of her servants to seek where Abraham had gone with Isaac; they went to seek him in the house of Shem and Eber, and they could not find him, and they sought throughout the land and he was not there.

86 And behold, Satan came to Sarah in the shape of an old man, and he came and stood before her, and he said unto her, I spoke falsely unto thee, for Abraham did not kill his son and he is not dead; and when she heard the word her joy was so exceedingly violent on account of her son, that her soul went out through joy; she died and was gathered to her people.

87 And when Abraham had finished his service he returned with his son Isaac to his young men, and they rose up and went together to Beersheba, and they came home.

88 And Abraham sought for Sarah, and could not find her, and he made inquiries concerning her, and they said unto him, She went as far as Hebron to seek you both where you had gone, for thus was she informed.

89 And Abraham and Isaac went to her to Hebron, and when they found that she was dead they lifted up their voices and wept bitterly over her; and Isaac fell upon his mother's face and wept over her, and he said, O my mother, my mother, how hast thou left me, and where hast thou gone? O how, how hast thou left me!
route.jpg

Abraham could not meet Sarah on the way back, because he was coming not from Jerusalem, but from the side of the Judean Desert.

Attachments

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Eretz Moriah.........