Where my bird watchers at?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MegMarch

You guys! My roommate and I were playing bird calls on our phones outside and a hawk flew into the yard! He/she then proceeded to fly very close to me! It was one of the most exhilarating moments of my life.

Any ornithologists out there?!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I like to harass a group of wild turkeys in my yard.

I also enjoy watching a fox.

M

MegMarch

I like to harass a group of wild turkeys in my yard.

I also enjoy watching a fox.
Those poor turkeys. I bet you see how close you can get to them before they bolt and run or something like that.

The fox was probably watching you before you even knew it.

Bird watching is an art that young men usually can’t appreciate. To notice the distinct features and the slight differences between the feathers. To practice one’s bird calls is a divine sound indeed.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I love hearing the birds waking up at three in the morning :love:

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Alger Hiss loved birdwatching and I ain't no commie.

I would never confess to doing such a thing. Nor would I ever confess to how much I enjoy the toms puffing up their chest and strutting with them tail feathers out. Nope. My quarantine-addled mind takes pleasure from such an activity.

Tis' true of the fox. Her senses are acute. Her grace unparalleled.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I love birdies. Though we only have quail and peach faced love birds around here.

M

MegMarch

I love birdies. Though we only have quail and peach faced love birds around here.
What! Jealous. I would love to see a peach faced love bird. We don't have those here. We do have a lot of quail, and they are so adorable when they run with their little babies following them.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
D096F2F2-11C0-4B86-977D-86B860E96ECB.jpeg
We actually have them in the wild! Someone’s pets got free at some point and they just exploded here. They’re super cute

Billyd

May 8, 2014
We have a problem with feral house cats around here. They have just about wiped out the quail. They have killed of all the larks and many black birds.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
what do you feed a Peach Faced Lovebird?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
While i've never considered myself a birdwatcher, I do enjoy watching birds-raptors in particular. :cool:

Billyd

May 8, 2014
While i've never considered myself a birdwatcher, I do enjoy watching birds-raptors in particular. :cool:
I love to watch the hawk in my back field. He is amazing. He sits in the top of a dead tree and watches. He sees something move in the brush a hundred yards away. In one swoop he attacks and rarely misses.

I also love to watch the turkey and her chicks cross the field. It's like watch kids playing follow the leader.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We have been given a wonderful world and life, gratitude such as this is a wonderful thing, blessings all.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The eagles have returned to my neighborhood after a bit of an absence... early last year and in late '18 I saw eagles many times a day. The other day I was watching one being chased and dive-bombed by a crow LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There are a lot of birds here :) As per wiki ;)

Ducks, geese, and waterfowl
New World quail
Pheasants, grouse, and allies
Grebes
Pigeons and doves
Cuckoos
Nightjars and allies
Swifts
Hummingbirds
Rails, gallinules, and coots
Cranes
Stilts and avocets
Oystercatchers
Lapwings and plovers
Sandpipers and allies
Skuas and jaegers
Auks, murres, and puffins
Gulls, terns, and skimmers
Tropicbirds
Penguins
Loons
Albatrosses
Northern storm-petrels
Shearwaters and petrels
Storks
Frigatebirds
Boobies and gannets
Cormorants
Pelicans
Herons, egrets, and bitterns
Ibises and spoonbills
New World vultures
Osprey
Hawks, kites, and eagles
Barn-owls
Typical owls
Kingfishers
Woodpeckers
Caracaras and falcons
Tyrant flycatchers
Shrikes
VireosJays, crows, magpies, and ravens
Larks
Swallows and martins
Chickadees and titmice
Long-tailed tits
Nuthatches
Treecreepers
Wrens
Gnatcatchers
Dippers
Kinglets
Leaf warblers
Old World flycatchers
Thrushes
Mockingbirds and thrashers
Starlings and mynas
Waxwings
Silky-flycatchers
Accentors
Old World sparrows
Wagtails and pipits
Finches
Longspurs and snow buntings
Old World buntings
New World sparrows
Yellow-breasted chat
Icterids
Wood-warblers
Cardinals and allies

zinc

May 1, 2020

I've been watching a baby royal albatross on live cam everyday, she is so adorable! :) She waddles off for little walks and fixes her nest while she waits for her parents to return to feed her. I love this little bird! :love:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
what is it?