WHICH Bible "version" Is Authorized By God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Psalm 12:6-7KJV
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
Since you are incapable of reason, reading, and respectful interaction, there is no point in trying to discuss anything with you.

CS1

May 23, 2012
From the little I have read about Fee he is not in agreement with the Pentecostals on the matter of tongues.

I do not think there are any good denominations.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
this is not that topic as you like to interject into every topic like the troll you are. You think you know better than all denominations so I am not surprised at all you saying that. You earlier attack a person then lied you didn't. Hypocrite

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Just curious here. Are you under the impression that A/G theology is 'Word of Faith'? When I was in the denomination, it seemed like an individual here or there held to that movements beliefs, but overall the denomination did not agree with certain aspects of Hagin or Copeland's teachings.
No, but Word Faith grew out of Pentecostalism. When I was a Pentecostal I had many friends make the jump to Word Faith. It's an easy step. One woman got breast cancer, wouldn't used chemo or radiation, claimed healing. She died a year later when the cancer metastasized into her brain and made her insane.

However I know there are Pentecostals who stayed in the A ofG or PAOC in Canada. I don't agree with them, but nothing as bad as Word Faith! And I know there are radical differences in some areas.

However, I think I clearly explained that in my last post. I said Gordon Fee is a Pentecostal who wrote a pamphlet against Word Faith! That means they are not the same!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
In many ways that is true. And we give God all the glory that we can breathe. But when it comes to determining which English translation does the best job of communication as if you had read it in the original, the answer is always "It depends on the verse in question" That's true whether someone is saved or not. It is a linguistics question. For example:

Consider also Matthew 5:2, where Jesus begins his Sermon on the Mount: “Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying” (NKJV)
“And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying” (ESV)
“and he began to teach them saying” (NIV, NCV)
“and he began to teach them” (NCV) The Greek idiom uses two phrases, to stoma (“open the mouth”) + (“teach”), to express a single action. For the Greek reader opening the mouth and teaching were not two consecutive actions, but one act of speaking (see Acts 8:35; 10:34; Rev. 13:6). The functional equivalent versions (NIV, TNIV, NCV) recognize this idiom and so accurately render the Greek, “he began to teach them.” The more literal NKJV and the ESV are understandable, but they miss the Greek idiom and so introduce an unnatural English expression.
Fee, Gordon D.; Strauss, Mark L.. How to Choose a Translation for All Its Worth . Zondervan Academic. Kindle Edition.

We don't ever say "She opened her mouth and spoke" It is a literal translation like in Spanish "what do yourself call" instead of What is your name?
Look at the 4 Gospels- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John....some common events and some events left out....look at their audience, look at their own relationship with Christ..

Now, look at all the MANY translations of the scriptures of The Bible..... perhaps they are ALL genuine, just like ALL the Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are?! :unsure::love:(y)(y)

No one should ever be so quick to criticize or critique The Word of God.

Let us LOVE God’s Word and rejoice that God sends It forth and It does NOT return void but accomplishes what It was sent to do, amen. :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I just want to say.....

I do absolutely love the King James Version of The Bible and I enjoy the New King James Version and the Amplified version. All are great! :love:(y)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Why do you believe the originals were not scrupulously copied or that the Holy Spirit did not have complete oversight of the work?
Simple! Because every extant manuscript has been studied and catalogued. Look at the Byzantine copies, and they have traced every copyist mistake, when that mistake occurred, and how it was incorporated into the text.

Every single mistake has been found, and most of those mistakes were incorporated into the manuscript of the next generation of copies. That's because the KJV used the last manuscripts, and many mistakes had skipped in over the years.

I'm not making this up. There is a science behind manuscript copies. Here's a link to help you understand about mistakes and what is known about them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_manuscript

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Com...hat-about-mistakes-in-copies-of-the-bible.cfm

https://zooniverseancientlives.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/scribal-error-in-biblical-manuscripts/amp/

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021
Simple! Because every extant manuscript has been studied and catalogued. Look at the Byzantine copies, and they have traced every copyist mistake, when that mistake occurred, and how it was incorporated into the text.

Every single mistake has been found, and most of those mistakes were incorporated into the manuscript of the next generation of copies. That's because the KJV used the last manuscripts, and many mistakes had skipped in over the years.

I'm not making this up. There is a science behind manuscript copies. Here's a link to help you understand about mistakes and what is known about them.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Com...hat-about-mistakes-in-copies-of-the-bible.cfm

https://zooniverseancientlives.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/scribal-error-in-biblical-manuscripts/amp/
Hi Angela, nice to see you. I am wolfwint, but I could Not enter CC with my old data. So I had to make a New Account. And bcause I am not an member for 1 year. I could Not post to you directly. So i am now misuse this thread to do it :) How you are doing?

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
No problem,Judaism hassett aside theTorah for the for the (Talmud) and (Kabbalah) both evil books per my study.
There are certain passages in the Talmud that are clearly anti Christian. The Talmud comprising of six volumes contains the interpretations and debates of various Rabbi's on how to apply the Torah to every day life. A prime example is how to conduct a marriage service. A large portion of the Talmud
is pre Christian and was passed down orally. It was written/ printed later. If your study consists of
reading all six volumes I wish you the best. I cant think of a more tedious waste of time apart perhaps in reading the telephone Directory.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I cant think of a more tedious waste of time apart perhaps in reading the telephone Directory.
Correct. A Christian reading the Talmud would indeed be a tedious waste of time. I have glanced at passages from time to time, and it is mostly nonsense.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

So the Holy Spirit was doing His job.

I repeat what I said before, I believe the manuscripts for the KJ are inferior to those for the Revised version but I believe the theology of those who translated the RV [and more modern translations] to be greatly inferior to Tynedale and the KJV.

The method of translating word for word is greatly preferred to the method of dynamic thought.

Bob

Mar 27, 2021
Any Bible other than the KJV and its antecedents from Antioch are/have been corrupted, and essentially originate from Alexandria /Origen & others.
The worst offenders in these corrupt texts is the
Catholic so-called church.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
There are certain passages in the Talmud that are clearly anti Christian.
Anti Christian?

1. Would that be like Jesus Christ was boiled to death in human excrement?

2. It's ok to steal from or kill christians/gentiles (Goyim) without penalty?

The Talmud is Evil, just as the Kabbalah, the Jewish book of the Occult

Judaism dosent look to the Torah, they look to the Talmud and Kabbalah, evil books in the vast majority.

Revelation 11:8KJV
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
These "copies" are still originals, as they were written by the original authors. You're trying to make a sound argument by playing with semantics. That's silly.
They are copies, nice try. Copies can be inspired by God. Translations can be inspired by God.

Joseph spoke in Egyptian and yet, his words were translated into Hebrew and the Hebrew translation is the inspired word of God. I doubt the “word for word” discussion came up.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Try reading Matthew 17:21, Matthew 18:11, Acts 8:37, Romans 16:24 in the NIV to your young and deprived, its gonna be a quick lesson, because the verses are (Removed)

The NIV is a Counterfeit of Gods Holy Bible.
Either the KJV should be accursed because it added to the words of God or all other versions should be accursed because they took away from the words of God.

Which is it people?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Either the KJV should be accursed because it added to the words of God or all other versions should be accursed because they took away from the words of God.

Which is it people?
Neither.

Both are translations of collations of manuscripts.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Correct. A Christian reading the Talmud would indeed be a tedious waste of time. I have glanced at passages from time to time, and it is mostly nonsense.
The Jewish Rabbinical Talmud is evil filth, of evil oral traditions and false teachings.

A "Few" Examples:
1. Jesus Christ was boiled to death in human excrement?

2. It's ok to steal from or kill christians/gentiles (Goyim) without penalty?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
They are copies, nice try. Copies can be inspired by God. Translations can be inspired by God.

Joseph spoke in Egyptian and yet, his words were translated into Hebrew and the Hebrew translation is the inspired word of God. I doubt the “word for word” discussion came up.
Your fact is correct but your conclusion is a non sequitur.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017

Which is it people?
Pass. I'll leave the accursing of scripture to the enemy.