Which gospel should I believe to be saved ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
There is more than one gospel in the Bible.

The gospel God preached to Abraham.

Gal_3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal_3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

The gospel of the Kingdom.

Mat_4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

The everlasting gospel.

Rev_14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Obviously we don't know the everlasting gospel because it is a future gospel.

And the gospel Paul preached.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Obviously all of the gospels are different.

God was dispensing his grace at different times to different peoples.

Abraham at that time was given the gospel " In thee shall all nations be blessed ".

Rom_4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

God was proclaiming the gospel to the Jewish Nation through Abraham.

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Israel was promised their kingdom of heaven would come to this earth.

Most of Israel did not accept Christ as their Messiah and her kingdom gospel that was preached by the Lord Jesus Christ.

The gospel Jesus preached is not our gospel.

We are not Israel.
We are not Gentiles.

Rom 15:9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
Rom 15:10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
Rom 15:11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
Rom 15:12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Anyone who is not saved is lost, Paul when he got saved was sent to the Heathens.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Paul was given the gospel by Christ to give to us.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

This is the gospel you must believe to be saved.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
As written in Galatians, Abraham was the first to receeeive the Gospel. There is but one Gospel.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Gal_3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal_3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Mat_4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

The everlasting gospel.

Rev_14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Abraham at that time was given the gospel " In thee shall all nations be blessed ".

Rom_4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Most of Israel did not accept Christ as their Messiah and her kingdom gospel that was preached by the Lord Jesus Christ.

We are not Israel.
We are not Gentiles.

Rom 15:9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
Rom 15:11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
Rom 15:12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Anyone who is not saved is lost, Paul when he got saved was sent to the Heathens.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Gospel simply means good news. Different ages and different people based on Jews/Gentiles had good news at one point but all still point to Christ.

As to why the apostles warned about other gospels and to ignore any that go against the gospel already proclaimed by the apostles.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Are all here aware that Abraham was given the very same Gospel as we. He is the first to have received this good news from God, from Jesus Yeshua.

Read the Old Testament before judging it,, please.

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
Gospel simply means good news. Different ages and different people based on Jews/Gentiles had good news at one point but all still point to Christ.

As to why the apostles warned about other gospels and to ignore any that go against the gospel already proclaimed by the apostles.
What gospel are you trusting for salvation ?

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
I think we need to understand that the Hebrew word Basar means to bear the Good News or proclaim the Good News in the Old Testament ----so the Old testament is the Root to the Gospel of the New testament ---which is the Good News ----The Old Testament tells us of the coming of the Good news ----The Old Testament is the bearer of what is coming in the New testament

Strong's Concordance

basar: to bear tidings
Original Word: בָּשַׂר
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: basar
Phonetic Spelling: (baw-sar')
Definition: to bear tidings
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
a prim. root

Definition
to bear tidings

NASB Translation
bear good news (1), bearer of good news (2), bring good news (1), bring the news (1), bring...news (1), bringing good news (2), brings good news (3), brought the news (2), carry the good news (2), carry news (1), carry...news (1), messenger of good news (1), proclaim (1), proclaim good tidings (2), proclaim the good tidings (1), proclaimed glad tidings (1), receive good news (1).

1 gladden with good tidings: birth of a son Jeremiah 20:15; victory 1 Samuel 31:9; 2 Samuel 1:20; 1 Chronicles 10:9; Psalm 68:12; היה כמבשׂר בעיניו he was in his eyes as a bearer of good tidings 2 Samuel 4:10.

2 bear tidings 2 Samuel 18:19,20 (twice in verse); 2 Samuel 18:26; even of evil 1 Samuel 4:17, and so with accusative בשׂר טוב 1 Kings 1:42.

3 herald as glad tidings: the salvation of God, peach (chiefly exilic usage) the advent of ׳י in salvation Nahum 2:1; Isaiah 40:9 (twice in verse); Isaiah 41:27; Isaiah 52:7 (twice in verse); the praises of Yahweh Isaiah 60:6; His righteousness in the great congregation Psalm 40:10; His salvation daily Psalm 96:2 = 1 Chronicles 16:23; the Messianic servant preaches good tidings to the meek Isaiah 61:1.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be saved according to Scripture ----you need to believe Jesus died and rose again ---Jesus death brings and end to the Old Testament as He Fulfilled the Law which brought the Curse of the 2nd death ---so in my view you are saved under the New Testament Gospel of Grace which brought back the Blessings and eternal life -----

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
What gospel are you trusting for salvation ?
Romans 10:9-13
New International Version

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Nov 17, 2017
Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Acts 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

God Bless!

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
What is the good news? Be it past present or future its the same. It was it is always shall be about Yeshua/Jesus Christ. As He said... if you believed Moshe(Moses) then you would believe me for he wrote about me. Abraham offering his son on and on.

Whats changed? Nothing, from the start God wanted Israel to take His word to the world. Read Rom 5. Gospel.. is Jesus. So we need to remember not to take just one verse and run with it for then we can make the word of God say anything we want. Context read above and below for there were no chapters and verses when they wrote it. That was added much much later.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Are all here aware that Abraham was given the very same Gospel as we.
He is the first to have received this good news from God, from Jesus Yeshua.

Read the Old Testament before judging it,, please.

Job 19:25-27a
:)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Jesus preached the gospel the apostles witnessed of its truth

this is the only gospel
“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

this is the doctrine

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel is accounted for times in full four accounts offering comprehensive details of Jesus birth life ministry teachings miracles death and resurrection and his ascension to heavens throne all
Of it is the gospel it’s the good news that was promised in prophecy the good news of the messiah and his everlasting kingdom of eternal Life

the best news ever is this

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

the idea that Paul began tomoresch the real gospel or some different gospel is all This person Hannah posts about. Constantly explaining different gospel and how Paul’s gospel is the only one That saves ect

it’s like talking Bible with Joseph prince

BonnieClaire

Jul 1, 2021

The everlasting gospel.

We are not Israel.
We are not Gentiles.

I counted four gospels in your post...and that must be an all time record!

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Jesus preached the gospel the apostles witnessed of its truth

this is the only gospel
“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

this is the doctrine

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel is accounted for times in full four accounts offering comprehensive details of Jesus birth life ministry teachings miracles death and resurrection and his ascension to heavens throne all
Of it is the gospel it’s the good news that was promised in prophecy the good news of the messiah and his everlasting kingdom of eternal Life

the best news ever is this

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

the idea that Paul began tomoresch the real gospel or some different gospel is all This person Hannah posts about. Constantly explaining different gospel and how Paul’s gospel is the only one That saves ect

it’s like talking Bible with Joseph prince
Humans love to complicate such simple truth.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Humans love to complicate such simple truth.
yes sadly , I think false doctrine has a lot to do with it . it’s why the devil has always attacked the integrity of the word of God

I think this happens a lot in the world

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

once Jesus established his word , Satan came behind him offering alternatives to believe and what’s dastardly is like in the beginning he uses Gods word to twist Gods word and insert omissions.

it’s always really sad to me when Jesus is here saying believe me and live , but then we say “ he died and rose “ so what he said no longer applies

of course no One says it that way but the message is the same when you say “ Jesus didn’t preach the real gospel “ it’s literally cutting out the Savior and Lords word from salvation.

if we come to know the truth Satan is always crafting some way to turn our ears from the truth

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
They are all the same one Gospel with different designations.

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I think it’s the same gospel and same designation , salvstion to the hearer and believer from any nation

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I think the gospel is what Paul was saying brought jew and gentile together so they became heirs of the same body and cotizens of the same kingdom

“For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:1, 3, 5-7, 9-11‬ ‭

I don’t think it’s a different designation it’s an offer that was made forst to the seed of Israel and then spread out from them to the rest of the world offering the same things

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I counted four gospels in your post...and that must be an all time record!
Actually there are more than four designations for the same Gospel.

1. The Gospel of the Kingdom
2. The Gospel of Jesus Christ the Son of God
3. The Gospel of the Kingdom of God
4. The Gospel of the Grace of God
5. The Gospel of God
6. The Gospel of His Son
7. The Gospel of Christ
8. The Gospel of Peace
9. The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ
10. The Gospel of the Blessed God
11. The Everlasting Gospel

These are definitely NOT different Gospels.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
As written in Galatians, Abraham was the first to receeeive the Gospel. There is but one Gospel.
In thee Abraham shall all nations shall be blessed. That's good news to Abraham and he believed it. There was no mention of any death, burial or resurrection for sins.