Which is more important looks or personality?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
yet the irony is that someone may consider a person as not physically attractive and they remain in the friend zone with them..yet to someone else you are most definitely physically attractive and heck no way are you gonna be In the friend Zone....and Visa versa for the personality.
Have you ever seen those so called scientific studies about what proven traits constitute to a person being physically attractive..?
After months of their intense scientific research and going through hundreds of photo profiles they proudly reveal what they belive to be a computer generated picture of absolute physical attractiveness.Perfectly shaped eyes..jaw line..eye rows..chin ect ect..
Yet when you see the picture they reveal you are like....SERIOUSLY!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Praise God that we all have eyes but see things very different from each other..πŸ‘πŸ»
I have heard a professor of psychology speaking about it at a university and he said based on studies, women are visually attracted to men who have good symmetry (both sides of face are an exact match, no uneven ears or lazy eyes, etc..). And men are attracted to women who have (I forget the word he used).. basically he said women who have a young-looking face.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
I have heard a professor of psychology speaking about it at a university and he said based on studies, women are visually attracted to men who have good symmetry (both sides of face are an exact match, no uneven ears or lazy eyes, etc..). And men are attracted to women who have (I forget the word he used).. basically he said women who have a young-looking face.
Really...most interesting...πŸ‘πŸ»then that would cancel out most of the human race then if that were true...luckily it's not then coz I have seen people I am sure you have too from all walks of life find love..with unsymmetrical faces..lazy eyes..women who don't even have such young looking facesπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰...
Having said all that I much check in the mirror if my eyes and ears are even..😊😊

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
This is so weird to me because I've always liked quirks... A tooth that's at a different angle, a nose that someone might say is supposedly big or long, freckles, ears that stick out, a crooked smile... Some feature that's really unique.

I used to have a tooth that was noticeably longer, but just on one side -- kind of like a lopsided vampire, I guess. I had actually really liked that, as I thought it was quirky, but it eventually broke off to be even with my other teeth. If it wouldn't have been so expensive, I would have had it restored to its original length.

So I tend to like things that are a little off-kilter in other people's looks too...

But maybe I'm just weird.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020

I like lazy eyes I think i got lazy eyes i don't know lol πŸ˜…

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
yet the irony is that someone may consider a person as not physically attractive and they remain in the friend zone with them..yet to someone else you are most definitely physically attractive and heck no way are you gonna be In the friend Zone....and Visa versa for the personality.
Have you ever seen those so called scientific studies about what proven traits constitute to a person being physically attractive..?
After months of their intense scientific research and going through hundreds of photo profiles they proudly reveal what they belive to be a computer generated picture of absolute physical attractiveness.Perfectly shaped eyes..jaw line..eye rows..chin ect ect..
Yet when you see the picture they reveal you are like....SERIOUSLY!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Praise God that we all have eyes but see things very different from each other..πŸ‘πŸ»
Studies have been done with new borns and babies also... and discovered that these wee boys and girls prefer looking at, spend more time looking at, and are more prone to trust, attractive people over those whom adults deem unattractive :geek:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Wouldn't it be extremely rare to find a perfectly symmetrical face?

I remember an art project from college... taking a photograph of your face, and putting the two right sides together (after reversing one of them) and doing the same with the left side of your face. You end up with three different faces! Wiki says that while symmetrical faces are perceived to be attractive, completely symmetric faces are disconcerting and are not perceived as normal. Also, and I did not know this: Asymmetry increases with age o_O:giggle:

Jan 25, 2015
Studies have been done with new borns and babies also... and discovered that these wee boys and girls prefer looking at, spend more time looking at, and are more prone to trust, attractive people over those whom adults deem unattractive:geek:
Is that why babies love me??? Not :p

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Really...most interesting...πŸ‘πŸ»then that would cancel out most of the human race then if that were true...luckily it's not then coz I have seen people I am sure you have too from all walks of life find love..with unsymmetrical faces..lazy eyes..women who don't even have such young looking facesπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰...
Having said all that I much check in the mirror if my eyes and ears are even..😊😊
Yes well the study was simply based on showing each subject pictures of men and women's faces and they had to pick which ones they found most attractive. In real life, getting to know someone changes how you see them.