Which One?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
If you were allowed to keep only one Bible verse with you, what would that verse be and why would you choose that verse?

7seasrekeyed

so are you asking what our favorite verse is...in a roundabout way? :unsure:

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I am 95 and live with people that is happening to.

For me, the verse I would most want to keep is "God is love" for it sums up the whole of law and grace. 1 John 4:10. God guides our lives with law because He loves us, and saves us with grace because He loves us.

Dec 30, 2019
If you were allowed to keep only one Bible verse with you, what would that verse be and why would you choose that verse?
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, FAithfulness, Gentleness & Self Control. These are the qualities we are to have if we want to consider ourselves Christians. (Galatians 5:22)

A runner up is what we are to think about if we have the mind of Christ: "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." (Philppians 4:8)

L

Locoponydirtman

I would remember as much as I can and then not worry about having one scrap of paper. Black ink on white paper is not my idol. It would get damaged or something anyway.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
so are you asking what our favorite verse is...in a roundabout way? :unsure:
No. In a roundabout way, I searching for the verse that would unlock the scriptures for you, when you have no Bible to search.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Jesus wept. It shows the humanity of Jesus that I can relate to in a practical way. I find that verse to be comforting to me.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am 95 and live with people that is happening to.

For me, the verse I would most want to keep is "God is love" for it sums up the whole of law and grace. 1 John 4:10. God guides our lives with law because He loves us, and saves us with grace because He loves us.

God is Love :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, FAithfulness, Gentleness & Self Control. These are the qualities we are to have if we want to consider ourselves Christians. (Galatians 5:22)

Galatians 5:22-24 :)
A runner up is what we are to think about if we have the mind of Christ: "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." (Philppians 4:8)

Philppians 4:8 :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Siggy: 2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

2 Peter 1:5-8 :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Well, this one for comfort and assurance...

(Rom 5:10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Jun 10, 2019
Proverbs 4:12
Do not lose sight of them; keep them within your heart.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
What do you mean by keep with you? I find it odd to consider parting with any scripture. Too open ended of a hypothetical.

Certainly in some of my hardest moments I may cling to a particular verse but this varies.

Romans 8:28 comes up a lot in my life. Recently it came up twice as I was considering whether or not I should even be reading (a book) and listening to a radio program. In both instances when the question arose, shortly thereafter the verse was stated in the works themselves.

Does that tell me that these things are acceptable? No. Were they Christian works by "most" every standard I am able to judge at this time? Yes.

Potentially some things are error, but only potentially...I'm not sure. I've tried so hard to stay away from everything but scripture that with the back issues I was having it was almost like I felt "strongly nudged" to do otherwise. Same feeling I get when ending a fast because I cave in a hard moment. It happened...I can't tell if it's good or bad.

These two recent "forays" certainly felt great and released a lot of emotion but maybe it's vain imagination, but regardless...Romans 8:28 would apply.

Most all of my errors fall into this category. A lot of potentials and just generalized "waste" and poor stewardship. To me right now it's the Lord's way of saying "it's ok, it's not up to you ultimately. Don't worry."

7seasrekeyed

No. In a roundabout way, I searching for the verse that would unlock the scriptures for you, when you have no Bible to search.

oh

well in that case

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1 :1

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

Matthew 11:28
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

I'll keep this verse 😇

This verse makes me cry always How great is the Lord Jesus 😭 How loving He is 😭 This is the Lord speaking to all of us like Come to me my child trust me never doubt give your life to me I can lift your sorrow I can lift the weight of your heart. Just trust me my child even in your suffering in your trials and troubles you will find peace and comfort just come to me 😭

When i was lost in sin you invited me to come to You Thank you for Your grace Lord Jesus,!In my pain and sufferings You give me peace and comfort. Thank you for the rest that only You can give 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Dec 30, 2019
Galatians 5:22-24:)

Philppians 4:8:)
Something like that would make a nice coloring book. I had a friend make me a cross stitch of that one scripture. I still have it hanging in my living room even though I have not seen her for many years now.