Which type of forum poster r u...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 8, 2009
I disagree with your use of the word 'antagonist'.

Antagonist means:

a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary.

Antagonist | Define Antagonist at Dictionary.com

There's a thing called the internet. Use it.

Also, you forgot number 8). The sarcastic jerk. That's me :D.

N

nanabean

^^Don't worry about being a troll- you're not =P A troll means you post ONLY to make fun of people and start fights.
Thanks Vidy! shew that's a relief!! Hahaha ok...so what number is for what you call what I described?? and what do you call it?? #? The Lurk....you read many forums without posting on all you read. (I certainly would pray I don't come across as one who would make fun of people or start fights!!!---that would NEVER be my intention!!!)

Sarcastic Jerk seems to fit perfectly for number 8
No waaay NodMyHeadLikeYeah....you're not a sarcastic jerk!!!! Your funny...and I don't find your posts nasty at all!!!!

V

Vidy

#3- The Quiet One

That seems the closest to "lurk" I think ^_^

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Thanks Vidy! shew that's a relief!! Hahaha ok...so what number is for what you call what I described?? and what do you call it?? #? The Lurk....you read many forums without posting on all you read. (I certainly would pray I don't come across as one who would make fun of people or start fights!!!---that would NEVER be my intention!!!)

No waaay NodMyHeadLikeYeah....you're not a sarcastic jerk!!!! Your funny...and I don't find your posts nasty at all!!!!

Ha ha ha, Nana... the Lurk... I love that!!! But, it makes me think of someone who, say, hasn't bathed in a month... And yet, a "Lurk" would describe me perfectly in the other forums!! (EXCEPT for the unbathed part!!)

I would love to post in the Bible Discussion Forum sometimes, but am always afraid of being flamed to bits!!

In the meantime, I'll stick with the good ol' Singles Forum :).

N

nanabean

Ha ha ha, Nana... the Lurk... I love that!!! But, it makes me think of someone who, say, hasn't bathed in a month... And yet, a "Lurk" would describe me perfectly in the other forums!! (EXCEPT for the unbathed part!!)

I would love to post in the Bible Discussion Forum sometimes, but am always afraid of being flamed to bits!!

In the meantime, I'll stick with the good ol' Singles Forum :).

ummmm I think I'd just like to stick to being #3. The Quiet one....if a Lurk is smelly!!!! :D

AMEN to "would love to post in the Bible Discussion Forum sometimes, but am always afraid of being flamed to bits!!!" that's EXACTLY how I feel.. :eek: ..I've been taken the wrong way a few times..and it always leaves me sad and confused as to how to make it right. :(

I am soooooooo married, but I enjoy the Single forums too! :p I read alot of posts in all the forums though. That's why I wanted to come up with a name for reading but not always posting...guess The Quiet One does kinda sum it up!!! ;)

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
I am a category all my own. I'm a Miscellaneous random addict. I love to posts on silly forums in rapid succession with 3 other addicts. These would be ChristianCollegeGirl, wwjd_Kilden and Belgian_Pilot.

C

christiancollegegirl

I am a category all my own. I'm a Miscellaneous random addict. I love to posts on silly forums in rapid succession with 3 other addicts. These would be ChristianCollegeGirl, wwjd_Kilden and Belgian_Pilot.
That's category #9. Miscellaneous Randomer.

Aug 2, 2009
Ah yes... those were fun times! [sigh] Most of those types of posters don't even exist here anymore.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm the kibitzer. I see if I have anything relevant, useful or amusing to say on the topic. If I don't, I move on.

i rarely start my own threads though. It is the same in forum, live chat or real life. I am not good at starting topics. I really shine though in playing off other people's topics.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Ok, more sinful generalizations for you guys just to entertain and delight (hopefully)...

Can you identify yourself with any of these typical forum-poster types?

1) The Antagonist - Everytime someone makes a point, u have the urge to discredit it or oppose it in some way. Why? Because you can, and you will!

2) The Hit and Run artist - You know better than to stick around and see what everyone else says about your post. This is me! haha! :p

3) The Quiet one - Two posts a day is over your limit. Ok make that two posts a week.

4) The Joker - You believe every thread has a potentially killer punch line in it somewhere

5) The Preacher - Everyone is evil and they need to know about it!

6) The Online Scholar - Youre here to pick other peoples brains and fill your own with deeper insights about (insert subject here).

7) The troll - if this is you, go away! Far far away!

OK...now add your own that you can come up with...I know you want to!! :p:D
You forgot to mention the grave digger. :p

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I have a move thats covered by copyright, its called the Eli smackdown, which may or may not
include a chair, but is always performed off the top rope.

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
Probably a mix between 3 and 4. I try to include some humor in a lot of my posts. I don't think I post that often, but I have definitely done so more than usual recently.

I got curious and looked to see just how often... I posted 11 times in 2017, 36 times in 2018 and already 98 times in 2019. :eek: lol

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I think I take turns being various numbers.

S

Susanna

I think I’m the quiet one. Yeah, that’s me.