What did you dress up as the time ur mum came with as a masked silent partner?
Not sure the last time I dressed up... I remember for a youth group event I dressed up as a gangster, black suit with a white tie. I didn't have a white tie so I used a gym sock... wear the higher part of the sock was ribbed, I tightened a string around it to give it that classic tie shape. It got me my first GF, and first kiss a few days later.![]()
This is my goto look for 'that night of the year'....a blushing brideI even went as a bride to my church's HarvestFest and hate to say it but I wound up being the center of attention, sorry kids
People even asked if they could take pictures of me with their kids!
This is close to my attire, had a veil and bouquet of course. Being a widow, I was dressed up in the bride dress one time and my daughter and her boyfriend came over. She said 'mom.....what's going on?' lol. It took her a minute.
View attachment 296419
You are addressing guys. Be careful to specify a CLEAN sock.All I remember is that I had somehow obtained a somewhat fancy but old white dress, so I went as a kind of version of the Princess Bride. Not exact in any way, just whatever was available at the time, as it was a last-minute decision to even go when my Mom volunteered to go with.
LOL!!!
See?! Now THIS is the kind of advice we need in Singles!
Gentlemen, apparently all you need to do to land a girlfriend (and a kiss!) is to wear a suit with a gym sock as a tie.
Wow, I wonder if they have different definitions of "gangsters" in different regions, or if I'm just out of loop (probably the latter.)
When I think of gangsters I think of bandanas, low-hanging jeans, white wife-beater tank tops, and tattoos everywhere.
I'm not sure my definition of a gangster would even know how to tie a tie (let alone a gym sock!)![]()
I do hope you will still be here for the "Christmas is PAGAN!!! (!!)" thread.Only those who are led by the Holy Spirit are the sons of God - Romans 8:14
The Holy Spirit is not leading anybody to participate in any celebration of evil
But, the devil masquerades as though he were the Holy Spirit to deceive people in to engaging in celebration of evil so that's the only reason why you would be dressing up as Frankenstein's momma or whatever other evil character that floats your boat.
You are addressing guys. Be careful to specify a CLEAN sock.
I do hope you will still be here for the "Christmas is PAGAN!!! (!!)" thread.
This was my default presumption somehow when it was mentioned. I was thinking like... ewww.... a dirty gym sock as a tie (even though dirty was not mentioned - it is the presumed status unless CLEAN is specified).You are addressing guys. Be careful to specify a CLEAN sock.
Always make monkeys out of clean socks.
No, you need a pair, you can't make one out of just one sock.Unless of course the goal is to make a gangster sock monkey.
In that case, only a dirty sock would be legit.![]()
No, you need a pair, you can't make one out of just one sock.
Is black Friday when all the colored people go shopping for Christmas presents?
how about a 2 headed witch with different faces? then you would really have, "which witch"!Or mummy or werewolf or... Which traditional Halloween monster do you identify most with?
I'm not asking "What are you going as this Halloween?" (That's a different thread.) I'm asking what you identify most with.
Do you feel like a Frankenstein's Monster? Wake up feeling like you have been put together from parts of many different people?
Do you feel more like a werewolf? You need to shave but you'd rather just eat a big juicy steak?
Do you feel more like an alien? Not really part of this world, a stranger to everyone?