Which Would You Find Easier: Baking Christmas Cookies, or Finding a Wife?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hopegie

Jan 15, 2021
Sure I could growl and bark at everybody. But it's a lot easier to just get a dog.

Although... I have a dog, and though he barks a lot he never growls at anybody. And I know some people who choose to do their own growling and barking.
Trueeeee

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I "could" figure out how to be disciplined and regular with laundry but...

Presuming ofc that a future wife didn't have the same problem but still doing laundry together and having something else to do in the same room seems like it we could help each other get through it regularly :)

or perhaps a mutual agreement to dry clean or have a maid #winkface

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Hey Everyone,

It's a simple question, no?

I recently witnessed a conversation in which a very talented young man, who is no slouch in the kitchen, state that he had stayed up until the wee hours of the morning in order to try to master an advanced level of Christmas Cookie Creations, but to no avail.

Feeling somewhat overwhelmed (or defeated,) he finally declared that he had come to the conclusion that instead of trying to master this level of confectionery skill, "it would be easier just to find a wife."

Lol!

(Unfortunately, that would immediately eliminate some of us ladies right out of the running, seeing as I set off all the smoke detectors in the house yesterday while just trying to seer a pan of burgers.)

So what do you all think? And to be fair, let's make this question "gender-equal."

How would YOU complete this sentence:

"Sure, I could learn _____________________________________________ (insert your idea here, such ask, "how to mow the lawn, cook, clean, do my own laundry, how to do kung fu", etc.) BUT, it would be A LOT easier just to ________________________________________ ("get a husband," "get a wife", "buy all new clothes," "hire a ninja," etc.)

Your answers can be serious or silly, but hopefully, let's have some fun! :)
It would be easier for me to stub my toe on the leg of my couch and not let out one giant expletive than for me to get a date, never mind marry.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Your mum may your dad's wife just not YOUR wife.

What, doesnt anyones mums bake cookies anymore?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
mum baked some cookies but...I already put an order in for a bucket at school, they were selling them for $20 and the money goes to charity. The Cookie time factory support dyslexic children.

I'll give out the cookies at the end of year party. I cannot eat a whole bucket.

One year a child gave me a toblerone for Christmas, I remember chopping it up to bake cookies. But otherwise, I generally dont bake, its messy and time consuming.

I have been to the sugar factory but not toured inside, however I have a fair idea of how sugar is grown, processed, refined and packaged. Let me tell you its a LOT OF WORK!

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
The way you phrased this reminds me of an old joke.

Three elderly rich ladies were trying to impress each other. The current topic was "I spend so much money that the local jeweler gives me a lot of attention." One said, "When my diamond rings get dirty I take them down to Sotherby's and Mr. Sotherby himself comes out to clean them for me."

The second said, "Well when my diamond rings get dirty I call Mr. Sotherby up and he comes to my house to clean them for me."

The third said, "Girls, girls, that sounds like far too much effort! When mine get dirty I throw them away and place another order at Sotherby's. "
i liked that one reminds me of this one...
Four catholic women were talking one day and they were bragging on their sons.
The first one said, "my son is a priest and when he walks among the people , they all call him father."
The 2nd one then said, " well my son is a bishop , when he walks among the people, they call him your grace."
The 3rd one then said, "oh thats nothing my son is a cardinal, when he walks among the people , they call him your immanence."
The last one finally came back with, "oh yeah,well my son is 6'3" with dark hair,bright blue eyes and a body like Adonis. When he walks among all the women all the woman say om my god."

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
catholics are odd bunch lol esp catholic wives.
They also would rather have sons than daughters, Ive noticed. Daughters dont count.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Although have heard there was once a female pope. She dressed in drag so people wouldnt find out he was a she.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Solution, bake cookie wives.

You know those gingerbread men? Im sure you could bake gingerbread women. Who wont run away.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Or for those looking for husbands - the ninjabread man

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Your mum may your dad's wife just not YOUR wife.

What, doesnt anyones mums bake cookies anymore?
Im not anyones mom, but I'm making about 6 dozen cookies tonight

L

Locoponydirtman

Finding a wife is easy.
If some folks can find two or three, surely you can find one.
Use this method in the video.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I dunno... It didn't seem to work too well for him.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I'll find a wife for Lynx. Does anyone want to volunteer to be his wife? Pippa how bout you.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well the christmas cookies came and I was actually disappointed...they were so tiny that they could hardly be called cookies, more like large crumbs!

Not buying them again, what a waste of $20

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
Finding a woman willing to be a wife is easy. Finding a woman who is wife material in this day and time is a rarity.