Waiting is nothing new to me. I think the most waiting I did for things to change was when I was younger and had little control over my life. Waited to get older, waiting for school to finally be over, waited for the day I would see my father again. I prayed a lot during those times. This last year I waited for things in my relationship to get better only too discover it would get much worse. The last week that I lived in Massachusetts before moving to Louisiana I waited for the day I finally would go to the airport. I knew the day was coming but no words could describe the anxiety I felt every moment I had to wait. During that time I could not sleep and all I could think about was how much better I would feel when I am far far away in the arms of my brother. While I was here I applied to a bunch of places and waited for work. Waiting... You hear it in Christian songs like "While I'm waiting" by John Waller. There are bible verses on waiting to.
Isaiah 40:31
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Psalm 27:13-14
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
Lamentations 3:25
The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
Waiting is a part of growth and it teaches us or at least me to rely fully on the Lord not knowing what the answers will be all the time. I do everything I can possibly do and what I can't handle I give to the Lord. I give it all to Him. I am in a place in my life where I am striving for better. Not settling but aiming higher. The Lord God has blessed me with a part time job near my house but now I am really seeking something more. As most of you know I went to a job fair for a Company that works with plastic. Then the following week I got a call to come in for an interview. I went to the interview this week just to be left uncertain again about what will happen. Here I am waiting for another phone call. Waiting... Why can't the answer be yes or no that way I don't waste my time and energy and can continue to look for something else? I ask myself... But waiting is important, to want something you have to be persistent and not everything you work hard for will fall on your lap. Sometimes it just wasn't meant to be and sometimes it was but the timing is not what you wish it to be. With this I have grown in an unexpected way, I've been getting on chat telling people my story and fellowshipping more now than I ever was before. Hearing stories and sharing my thoughts. Exchanging bible verses and encouraging words. I look now and I can see the benefits of waiting more than ever before. If I have answers just fall on my lap I wouldn't know what it feels like to work for something. To achieve, I wouldn't learn patience. I wouldn't have become as close to people if I didn't come to them while I was waiting. I wouldn't be as close to the Lord as I am now if He didn't make me wait. So thank you Lord for working on me, while I'm waiting...
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Isaiah 40:31
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Psalm 27:13-14
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
Lamentations 3:25
The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
Waiting is a part of growth and it teaches us or at least me to rely fully on the Lord not knowing what the answers will be all the time. I do everything I can possibly do and what I can't handle I give to the Lord. I give it all to Him. I am in a place in my life where I am striving for better. Not settling but aiming higher. The Lord God has blessed me with a part time job near my house but now I am really seeking something more. As most of you know I went to a job fair for a Company that works with plastic. Then the following week I got a call to come in for an interview. I went to the interview this week just to be left uncertain again about what will happen. Here I am waiting for another phone call. Waiting... Why can't the answer be yes or no that way I don't waste my time and energy and can continue to look for something else? I ask myself... But waiting is important, to want something you have to be persistent and not everything you work hard for will fall on your lap. Sometimes it just wasn't meant to be and sometimes it was but the timing is not what you wish it to be. With this I have grown in an unexpected way, I've been getting on chat telling people my story and fellowshipping more now than I ever was before. Hearing stories and sharing my thoughts. Exchanging bible verses and encouraging words. I look now and I can see the benefits of waiting more than ever before. If I have answers just fall on my lap I wouldn't know what it feels like to work for something. To achieve, I wouldn't learn patience. I wouldn't have become as close to people if I didn't come to them while I was waiting. I wouldn't be as close to the Lord as I am now if He didn't make me wait. So thank you Lord for working on me, while I'm waiting...
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.