While we are waiting for God(ot)

  • Thread starter Thread starter toinena
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

Guest
Many of us are waiting and longing. Craving to see signs and wonders. I read it here in the forums, I see it on the internet:

Many of God's children are waiting for Christ to return.

And the funny thing is. We are not the only ones. Muslims, especially Shia, are also waiting, and even trying to provoke, the coming of Mahdi and Isa.

And we speculate. Pre trib, mid trib or post trib. You can watch weeks upon weeks with videos arguing on all sides. Perhaps not mid trib.. that seem to be in the minority.

Billy Graham is dead. Was that a sign? The Olympics and the peace talks with North Korea. Sign? The war in Syria, and the ongoing proxy wars in the middle East? Sign? And the stars and the moon. They are surely signs too.

I am not sure. Well. I lean towards a post trib. Sort of. Halfheartedly I have prepared with waterfilter, firelogs, rice and food. Batteries and solarpanels. I dream of raising rabbits for food. That might come in handy. But then I might have done that without thinking of any would-be -ribulation, too.

What is sure is that the body of Christ seems to get ready and shaken. People see dreams, make leaps of faith, stock up on food and emergency supplies. And they talk of war. Of Russia, Korea, Turkey, Iran and of course Israel.

And I want to go home! Only God himself knows how much I long to go home to him. I am 45. In the middle of my life. Many things are going great. I live a priviliged life. Yet I long for God to come, or Christ to come in the sky and we will be raptured up with him. I am ready. I have nothing else to live for than for Christ. He is my everything, my hope and my life.

Yet. I dream. Of a better life here on Earth. Praying for "trivial" miracles like healing, a better job, a spouse, my son's salvation. I plan to get a new kitchen. Expand the kitchen. Build a carport and get solarpanel on my roof. And a new bathroom upstairs. Finish my degree. Get that job that I dream of, or perhaps a better one teaching at the university. Or even move. Why shouldn't I move if I get healed. Then I would be free to move anywhere.

My dreams are big and some are realistic and some are depending on a miracle. They make me happy and filled with hope. Some involve serving God. Some involve just a better life here on Earth. Yet they mean nothing without Christ. And they are nothing compared to the Ultimate hope to be free from the evil and fallen nature of this world and have a life in eternity with Jesus.

YOUR KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE!

Amen. Come Lord, Jesus.
 
We are resting in God's profound sufficiency. He not only comforts us and bears our sorrows, He is Almighty God. He does the impossible. None of us has any sufficiency of ourselves. We are all weak and deficient in our flesh. But in Christ we are Children of the Light, we are drawing the strength of our lives through the well of Living Water that never runs dry. I pray you be quickened by God's Word in your heart and be filled with joy and supernatural peace today. :::hugs::: Love to you, sis!! You're a blessing to me!
5551ic.jpg
 
AuntieAnt;bt23925 said:
We are resting in God's profound sufficiency. He not only comforts us and bears our sorrows, He is Almighty God. He does the impossible. None of us has any sufficiency of ourselves. We are all weak and deficient in our flesh. But in Christ we are Children of the Light, we are drawing the strength of our lives through the well of Living Water that never runs dry. I pray you be quickened by God's Word in your heart and be filled with joy and supernatural peace today. :::hugs::: Love to you, sis!! You're a blessing to me!
5551ic.jpg

You are so sweet. A bit sick, and this made my day. Sometimes a heartfelt comment can make all the difference in the world. Thank you, sister.
 
As we are waiting let's also be reminded of the following parable.

1 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of the virgins were foolish, and five were wise. 3 When the foolish ones took their lamps, they did not take extra266 olive oil with them. 4 But the wise ones took flasks of olive oil with their lamps. 5 When the bridegroom was delayed a long time,267 they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6 But at midnight there was a shout, ‘Look, the bridegroom is here! Come out to meet him.’ 7 Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’ 9 ‘No,’ they replied. ‘There won’t be enough for you and for us. Go instead to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’ 10 But while they had gone to buy it, the bridegroom arrived, and those who were ready went inside with him to the wedding banquet. Then the door was shut. 11 Later, the other virgins came too, saying, ‘Lord, lord! Let us in!’ 12 But he replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I do not know you!’ 13 Therefore stay alert, because you do not know the day or the hour” (Matthew 25:1-13).