Who All Would Like to See a Matchmaking Thread Here in Singles?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Would You Like to a Matchmaking Thread in the Singles Forum?

• Sure -- I love living dangerously! I would qualify and would like to participate.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Sure -- I don't qualify/do not want to be matched but want to see everyone else's craziness.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Maybe -- It would depend on... (please state your concerns in a post.)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Maybe -- I have an idea for a different approach (please tell us your ideas in the thread.)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Absolutely Not -- Matchmaking is of the devil. Besides, my Aunt Bertha already tried!

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I'm Not Touching This With a 10-Foot Pole -- I don't qualify and wouldn't read such a thread!

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Open for Discussion -- I could go either way, and here's why... (talk to us.) :)

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
@seoulsearch I always find these threads interesting. At the moment, I'm drawing blanks and coupling up people who frequent chat now with old members.

S

Susanna

Okay, who’s the other one voting for auntie Bertha???

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well I thin to more accurately match people we shouldn't do with any disregard we should have people give more info about themselves so that we can more accurately match people.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Okay, who’s the other one voting for auntie Bertha???
We're not voting for aunt Bertha. We're indicating "yeah, the old busybody has already tried to match me up with somebody."

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
We're not voting for aunt Bertha. We're indicating "yeah, the old busybody has already tried to match me up with somebody."
Aunt Bertha seems very popular here. I'm thinking we're going to have to make another poll just for her.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Well I thin to more accurately match people we shouldn't do with any disregard we should have people give more info about themselves so that we can more accurately match people.
I agree, Blain, which is why I was planning to have a second thread that would give us an idea of who wanted to be matched, and give them an opportunity to tell us a little bit about themselves.

However, I understand the frustration people will have at the same names being mentioned over and over again (Lynx! Lol!) so I've decided to scratch my original idea.

I know Sub suggested that I should just go ahead and write the thread but seeing how it had already been done in the past, I'm pretty sure it would get too many people riled up -- and not in the way we would want.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I agree, Blain, which is why I was planning to have a second thread that would give us an idea of who wanted to be matched, and give them an opportunity to tell us a little bit about themselves.

However, I understand the frustration people will have at the same names being mentioned over and over again (Lynx! Lol!) so I've decided to scratch my original idea.

I know Sub suggested that I should just go ahead and write the thread but seeing how it had already been done in the past, I'm pretty sure it would get too many people riled up -- and not in the way we would want.
Yeah sadly while it may be an interesting idea it would be to hard to maintain and popularity is always a factor in any social event. I mean I am a well known member and those who know me know my traits and personality but say that a less known memeber joins the thread that could be an issue

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Yeah sadly while it may be an interesting idea it would be to hard to maintain and popularity is always a factor in any social event. I mean I am a well known member and those who know me know my traits and personality but say that a less known memeber joins the thread that could be an issue
It really it a tough thing to try to maneuver around. There are many members here I don't know very well because we post in different parts of the forums, or they have a different posting style (not sharing much about themselves, which is fine, it's just really hard to think of a match when you don't know anything about a person), and new people I wouldn't want to offend.

As I'd mentioned in an earlier post, I think the easiest and most fair thing to do will be to try to create threads that just help people get to know each other instead. :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
As I'd mentioned in an earlier post, I think the easiest and most fair thing to do will be to try to create threads that just help people get to know each other instead. :)
As a teacher I've been learning
You'll forgive me if I boast
And I've now become an expert
On the subject I like most

Getting to know you
Getting to know all about you
Getting to like you
Getting to hope you like me

S

Susanna

We? Are you saying that more than two people have voted for auntie Bertha?

😁

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
FWIW, I think maybe instead of a getting to know you and then a matchmaking thread we could do another reasons why people should date you or fun and ridiculous true things you could put in your online dating profile or something like that. And some of those we might be able to start writing for other people too ( which could be scary because then some of my friends could include things like talks about pushing people overboard or breaking in and stealing their food for me). On second thought, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and let you carry on with what you're doing.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I need to think about this... I’ll be back in 2 and 2

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
How about we come up with the top 20 questions and be honest about answering them. We could create a new thread named “🎶Getting to know you, getting to know all about you🎶“

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
No drama, then?😞😁

I grew up as the daughter of a drama queen, so I don’t know how anti drama people are assembled😁.
I don’t know that we anti-drama people assemble. We just hunker down in our foxholes hiding from the pro-drama people.

S

Susanna

How about we come up with the top 20 questions and be honest about answering them. We could create a new thread named “🎶Getting to know you, getting to know all about you🎶“
You go right ahead😁.