Who All Would Like to See a Matchmaking Thread Here in Singles?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Would You Like to a Matchmaking Thread in the Singles Forum?

• Sure -- I love living dangerously! I would qualify and would like to participate.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Sure -- I don't qualify/do not want to be matched but want to see everyone else's craziness.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Maybe -- It would depend on... (please state your concerns in a post.)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Maybe -- I have an idea for a different approach (please tell us your ideas in the thread.)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Absolutely Not -- Matchmaking is of the devil. Besides, my Aunt Bertha already tried!

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I'm Not Touching This With a 10-Foot Pole -- I don't qualify and wouldn't read such a thread!

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Open for Discussion -- I could go either way, and here's why... (talk to us.) :)

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Girls .......... you are killin me................. hahahhaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

MegMarch

Where’s @Desdichado when I need him. I would summon him to do some of my royal bidding, but he’s probably busy doing some very important business.

S

Susanna

Girls .......... you are killin me................. hahahhaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would it be acceptable to quote Cindy Lauper’s “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” now?😁

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Seoul needs to take FULL responsibility for this thread! I mean look at this madness, laughing? Having fun?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I’m really just Susanna’s pawn. And Seoul-you are the mastermind behind it all. 😂

Abandon mission, repeat, abandon mission!!!

My cover has just been blown. :(

*In her next thread, Seoulsearch will be looking for the nearest safehouse.*

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
@JustEli I can’t match you with more than one lady at a time. I’m sorry.

Sure you can.

Just find one of the threads that occasionally surfaces in the forum that tries to support polygamy, and you're golden.

However, none of us can be held responsible if a "Leah and Rachel" rivalry should occur...

S

Susanna

Abandon mission, repeat, abandon mission!!!

My cover has just been blown. :(

*In her next thread, Seoulsearch will be looking for the nearest safehouse.*

Sorry ma’am, didn’t copy that, I repeat, I did not copy. Target destroyed. 😂

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
I suppose I need to add a disclaimer here because the newer CC crowd is probably thinking, "Just who IS this cocky little girl, anyway??!" Lol.

If I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet, Hi, I'm Seoul, and one of the reasons I'm writing these threads is because I hope I can meet you in the forums. :)

When I was in my 20's, I had a husband, but he left to pursue a girlfriend he had met where we worked, and so one of my biggest testimonies is that God helped me learn how to completely start my life over. By the age of 26 (my husband had our divorce finalized sometime around the end of when I was 25), all the good Christian folks either told me I could never marry again because I was now divorced, or else told me I had plenty of time and would be remarried in a few years.

I had a few long-term relationships that were even worse, so before I was roughly 30, I was single even from dating relationships, and have been that way ever since. I've had a few crushes over the years, but generally found myself to be just one of many in a lineup that the other person was actively pursuing all at once.

Unless God changes my situation, I have decided I'm better off single, and I'm in the 40-ish age range now -- meaning, the next milestone age for me will be 50 (though I have a little ways to go.) :) I'm not as meager and willing to just sit back and take assumptions as I was when I was in my 20's.

The avatar picture was taken this past fall (2019), and when people sometimes comment that I look young, I tell them it's because I'm a lifelong nerd who has been nothing but boring my entire life. I didn't smoke, I didn't drink, I didn't do drugs, I didn't party. My whole life was wrapped up in school, work, a few creative hobbies, and writing letters.

When I first started here in CC Singles, I was in my 30's and we had a younger crowd (20's and 30's.) The CC crowd now seems to be a little older (30's, 40's, and 50's), so this is one of the reasons why I become so adamant and fiercely protective of other single's independence and integrity when it is questioned in the forums. I'm not saying any of us is perfect. I'm just saying, "Don't assume things about us until you know us and/or have walked the long, lonely winding road that we've walked."

It's NOT because I somehow think I'm better than anyone else or have been through more than anyone else (to be honest, I often feel as if I've been sheltered and am less worthy when compared to what so many here have been through), but what I DO have to offer is several years (decades!) of experience living the single life, and I hope that if nothing else, I can try to put that black, swirling vortex of pain, tears, and crying out to God into helping to improve the lives of others who are single, whether lifelong, divorced, or widowed.

I will always have more the learn and more than enough room to grow, but I have also come to a point where I won't hesitate to confront and challenged the attitudes that singles are somehow misguided toddlers who need to be led by the hand of married couples. After all, 50% of married people will be single someday themselves, so please remember keep that in mind when you speak to us. You could be speaking to yourself in X amount of years.

For those who are here looking for comfort and fellowship, we are very glad you're here, and I hope you'll find something here in the forum that will help you.

God bless you, and we are all in this together!

See you in the threads. :)
seoulsearch, you seem like a really great person. And whether you stay single or not, I pray that the Lord blesses you with happiness for the rest of your days. :)

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Correct. I'm executing royal prerogatives of my own. I know I make expanding my fiefdom look easy, but it takes a lot of planning and everything I do needs the right title.

Okay:

@seoulsearch gets paired with @tommy, because I like the thought of you two together as much as I did three years ago.

I'm arbitrarily pairing @JustEli with @Mel85. No good reason other than your profile pics.

@Vagabond with @LittleMermaid. I learned the term "vagabond" from watching the Lion King. You're both Disney related. Guess you'll know where to honeymoon.

@Susanna and Bruce Willis. I don't know about his marital status, but he seems like your type.

Where’s @Desdichado when I need him. I would summon him to do some of my royal bidding, but he’s probably busy doing some very important business.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Correct. I'm executing royal prerogatives of my own. I know I make expanding my fiefdom look easy, but it takes a lot of planning and everything I do needs the right title.

Okay:

@seoulsearch gets paired with @tommy, because I like the thought of you two together as much as I did three years ago.

I'm arbitrarily pairing @JustEli with @Mel85. No good reason other than your profile pics.

@Vagabond with @LittleMermaid. I learned the term "vagabond" from watching the Lion King. You're both Disney related. Guess you'll know where to honeymoon.

@Susanna and Bruce Willis. I don't know about his marital status, but he seems like your type.
And I am voting for you and @MegMarch as she will make sure you are a fair and just ruler.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Seoul needs to take FULL responsibility for this thread! I mean look at this madness, laughing? Having fun?
I hang my head in quasi-pseudo repentance. :geek::cool::devilish:

It's just a harsh reality that life is hard, most especially right now.

So by golly, if we can change that, even just for a few minutes -- if we can get people laughing, smiling, and, God-willing, replenish their strength for the next round that life is throwing at them, by all means peeps, LET'S DO IT. ;)

After all, this is the very thing God calls us to do -- to change atmospheres, lift people's spirits, and renew their hearts -- with no apologies. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Darn tootin'.

I'm already having happy visions of the two of them yelling, "YIPPEE-KAI-YAI-YAY!!!" and blowing up buildings together.

Couples that slay together, stay together.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Darn tootin'.

I'm already having happy visions of the two of them yelling, "YIPPEE-KAI-YAI-YAY!!!" and blowing up buildings together.

Couples that slay together, stay together.

It's so funny that all the guys are liking this post.

Ladies, ever wonder what a man REALLY thinks is a dream date?

Now we finally have our answer. :ROFL:

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
It's so funny that all the guys are liking this post.

Ladies, ever wonder what a man REALLY thinks is a dream date?

Now we finally have our answer. :ROFL:

I own a lifted Dodge................. just throwin that out there................

that makes be cool n stuff.