Who are members of Jesus' family, and who will He save?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Jesus made a couple of important statements, concerning the Father's Will.

1. "For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother.” Matthew 12:46-50

2. "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." Matthew 7:21

Jesus clearly places a lot of emphasis on 'doing the will of the Father. What did he mean?

L

Locoponydirtman

Jesus made a couple of important statements, concerning the Father's Will.

1. "For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother.” Matthew 12:46-50

2. "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." Matthew 7:21

Jesus clearly places a lot of emphasis on 'doing the will of the Father. What did he mean?
I think your answer is found in john 3:16

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
I think your answer is found in john 3:16
Some say that the Father's Will is just believing in Jesus. But that can't be so. Jesus Himself said He came to do the Father's Will, [ John 5:19 .] He came into this life to do the will of his Father, and not his own will.

And Jesus didn't come to earth just to believe in Himself. So, what is the Father's will that Jesus wants us to do?

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021

John 6:29 reads, " “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

So, does this mean only to believe that Jesus is Lord, God, and Savior? Or does it mean to believe all that Jesus taught us and taught us to do?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
John 6:29 reads, " “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

So, does this mean only to believe that Jesus is Lord, God, and Savior? Or does it mean to believe all that Jesus taught us and taught us to do?
Sure I gave a simple answer. Initially we are to believe unto salvation. But afterwards there will are works that we are created in Christ Jesus for...Ephesians 2:10.
Are you asking what those works are?

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Some say that the Father's Will is just believing in Jesus. But that can't be so. Jesus Himself said He came to do the Father's Will, [ John 5:19 .] He came into this life to do the will of his Father, and not his own will.

And Jesus didn't come to earth just to believe in Himself. So, what is the Father's will that Jesus wants us to do?
Believing in Jesus is believing in all that he taught us to do, not just believing He is Lord, God, and Savior. It is believing in all that He taught us to do. "Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock "

It's far more than just mere belief.

So, what how do we comply with obeying the Father's Will, according to Jesus commands?

And, please, don't pull Scripture out of context piecemeal to prove your point.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Why do people want to have FAITH + something else?
Because they are by nature mathematicians and like adding. Which leads to division with God, a subtraction of grace and multiplied sorrows.

Aussie52

Aug 31, 2022
Yes.
Calvinists want to frontload justification with 'works' and Arminians want to backload justification with ' works'.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is normal worship to desire faith, hope, and love. Also oil in our lamps to keep us burning 'til the break of day.

L

Locoponydirtman

The fathers will for Jesus and his will for us are different. The Father doesnt want you to pay for the sin of the world.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Jesus taught us many times to do the Father's Will and that it was important. As another example, when Jesus taught His apostles, and us, the Lord's Prayer. When we pray this prayer we pledge ourselves to do the Father's Will while on earth, as the Father's Will is done in heaven.

So, how do we live our faith, incorporating the Father's Will into our daily living?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus taught us many times to do the Father's Will and that it was important. As another example, when Jesus taught His apostles, and us, the Lord's Prayer. When we pray this prayer we pledge ourselves to do the Father's Will while on earth, as the Father's Will is done in heaven.

So, how do we live our faith, incorporating the Father's Will into our daily living?
1 Peter 1:15-16 But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy
in all you do, for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

Leviticus 11:44
For I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves, therefore, and be holy, because
I am holy. You must not defile yourselves by any creature that crawls along the ground.

Leviticus 11:45
For I am the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt so
that I would be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.

Leviticus 19:2
"Speak to the whole congregation of Israel and tell them:
Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.

Leviticus 20:7
Consecrate yourselves, therefore, and be holy, because I am the LORD your God.

Isaiah 35:8
And there will be a highway called the Way of Holiness. The unclean will not
travel it--only those who walk in the Way--and fools will not stray onto it.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Believing in Jesus is believing in all that he taught us to do, not just believing He is Lord, God, and Savior. It is believing in all that He taught us to do. "Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock "

It's far more than just mere belief.

So, what how do we comply with obeying the Father's Will, according to Jesus commands?

And, please, don't pull Scripture out of context piecemeal to prove your point.
Then none has any hope of salvation...for there's only one who has done the will of the Father...Jesus Christ!

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Then none has any hope of salvation...for there's only one who has done the will of the Father...Jesus Christ!
You say that only Jesus can do the Will of the Father, yet throughout the Gospels Jesus exhorts us to to the Father's Will. So your logic can't be correct. Jesus told us that those who do the Father's Will are His family, that only those who do the Will of the Father will be saved, and Jesus taught us in the Lord's Prayer to pray that we do the Father's Will.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

give us the free gift of eternal life

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

The FIRST STEP in doing the works of God is to be SURE we are qualified to do them. That is to be SURE we are saved. We have been born again, we have received His life.

Make certain we are planted in God's good soil.

You are not sure either about your own salvation or anybody else's this uncertainty may well flog you into doing all kinds of good deeds but will never be good enough to save your soul.

Jesus said "only believe" that's a command, don't try to substitute good works for faith.

What good deed could you possibly do that will save you? what multiplicity of good deeds.?