P
psychomom
Guest
Hubby claims he's pre-dirt.
our horrible kids will be talking about Genesis 1 and say, wait! let's ask mom and dad since they were there.
Hubby claims he's pre-dirt.
Gen y: WalkmansI actually mentioned that somewhere else with a discussion about what we did as kids.
i, em, still use a Walkman sometimes on a walk.
i know, i know, the phone and Pandora or whatever!![]()
A walkman? With cassettes? Cool!
our horrible kids will be talking about Genesis 1 and say, wait! let's ask mom and dad since they were there.![]()
No that is funny![]()
juuust wait till it's you, my friend
(they really are funny!)
My 8 year old...... and his mom (come to think of it) tells me that I am old![]()
But I still love them to bits.
Major Ian Thomas used to visit our old church for a week at a time to teach.
when i taught Sunday School (to ages 4-7) i would ask them how old they thought i was.
their guesses were always either 12 or 95.
and i was in my early thirties haha!
I am so jealous of you now. What a blessing that must have been.
it truly was.
we got a chance to know him a little, share meals, etc. he was just a terrific guy with such a good sense of humor.![]()
When I was young, anyone with an age younger than I was -- even for a week -- was a kid. When I became a teenager, anyone two years younger than I was was a kid. From 30-50 -- anyone within a decade of my age was "my age." But Dad, in his infinite wisdomthanks for the link!
and for calling me 'child' in that other thread. my dad called us 'child' (as i do our kiddos), so that was a really happy memory.
you know, i'll be the ripe old age of 57 in just a few wee
Our across-the-fence old neighbor used to sunbath most of the summer. She'd lie on a lounge chair and do nothing all day. I couldn't figure out how anyone could stand doing that, but she was old so what else would she have the energy to do?when i taught Sunday School (to ages 4-7) i would ask them how old they thought i was.
their guesses were always either 12 or 95.
and i was in my early thirties haha!
When I was young, anyone with an age younger than I was -- even for a week -- was a kid. When I became a teenager, anyone two years younger than I was was a kid. From 30-50 -- anyone within a decade of my age was "my age." But Dad, in his infinite wisdomwas in his 60's at one time and facing 70. He decided he could no longer consider himself middle-aged at 70, so he did what any reasonable person would do. Once he hit 70, he decided his birthdays would go in reverse. (When he was 71, he was 68. That kind of thing.) Strange thing happen. Dad is now younger than his four oldest kids. lol
So, with that brilliant strategy, once I hit 50, I decided to go back to anyone not in their 50's was a kid. (Not that I believe that anymore, but it's a good way to "kid" around with people.) I turned 60 one week before you celebrated your 36th anniversary, so I've decided anyone in their 50's is a kid now. At this rate, you'll always be a kid, until I become younger than you... which ought to happen when you reach 67 by my calculations.
I do still enjoy when someone calls me "young lady" and they really mean it, so why not spread that around?
I plucked my first gray hair at 22. I feared starting that as a habit, because sooner or later plucking them would make me bald. Despite that, you can still tell my hair is brown. A very light brown now. (Good thing I didn't develop that habit or half my hair would be gone. lol) I'm officially at that age where it should all be white, so no problems.2015 was a bad year for the grey hairs and the standard response nowadays is "grandpa"![]()
I started getting called "young lady" again in my mid 50's. But they were middle-aged people calling me that so it was supposedly a positive spin on "old lady." I hated it. Still do. Polite is simply taking me without adding an age to it. BUT when an older person calls me young lady it's great because they mean it. And very few mean it anymore. lolOh those daysI remember I got furious every time someone said "young lady" for whatever reason to me. As for today, I would gladly be listening to people calling me that on a daily basis...never happens anymore
![]()
how kind of you to send me that link
perhaps Miri can interpret the English for me.
(it's okay, Miri, you're off the hook. i watch enough of what my kids call "British guy solves murder mystery"
--like Morse, Inspector Lewis, old Sherlock Holmes films, etc-- that i almost got all of it)
now there's gen Y and gen Z? lol my poor tiny brain!
Before I read that last mine I thought, "Mirians."Dont ask me I haven't a clue what it is talking about!
I do wonder what this era will be called in the future, like we had the Victorian age, the
dark ages, the edwardian, the Elizabethan - will this be the Elizabethan the second?
Or maybe it will be the digital age, or the millennium age, or the age of global
communication?
Hey I don't even mind if they call it Miriwiththepurplehair age.![]()