Who do you have a heart for?

• Thread starter charisenexcelcis
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

juspekatzus

Faith without works is dead. Thankyou, for posting all the wonderfull things you are doing to show others, Christ in you! Your posts are a joy to read!

K

Kelseybear

Kat50 that is so great my family and I made blankets
last year it was a lot of fun.you should put "quilt your way to heaven" on
one of your quilts as a reminder lol. God bless you sister

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jesus seemed to have a special place in his heart for tax collectors. While they were not numerous, they were always showing up at banquets with Him.
Paul was called to the Gentiles, but always had a special place in his heart for the Jews. (Also tentmakers.)
I have a special compassion for Arabs, the Roma (gypsies), the deaf, prisoners, addicts and homosexuals.
For whom did God put a special compassion in your heart?
This hit me when I was reading this post again.
Our hearts are for Jesus, now, always and forever. Because of this our hearts will be for who ever He chooses. It is His love that reaches through all of us, for all whom He chooses.
In Jesus, God bless.
pickles

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
This is an awesome topic--thank you so much for posting.

I have a heart for those in prison and spent a considerable amount of time writing letters and visiting some of the people I wrote. It was definitely life-changing--there was one in particular whose story really grabbed my heart--this particular inmate had been offered a ride home by a teacher, but the teacher had taken him to his own (the teacher's) house instead. In the midst of the struggle, this inmate shot and killed the guy who had tried to victimize him--and received life in prison without parole. He was put into prison when he was only 17 ears old, and he was about 30 when I met him. When I first started writing him, I knew he was in for murder but I did not know his story. As I learned more, it hit me very hard--because I was once a kid in a parochial school who felt very uncomfortable going to school some days because I had a teacher with a crush on me as well.

I was able to meet this person and I will never forget how his family greeted me with open arms and tears, saying, "It means so much to us that someone on the outside would take the time to visit him."

I am currently not involved in this type of ministry anymore, but hope to get back to it someday.

I also have a strong heart for those who serve in our military, because I often wonder how they can go through what they do, see the things they have to see, be called on tour after tour, and then come home... and are expected to live normal lives and take care of their families as if nothing happened.

I also hope to be a source of "reinforcement" to those who have serve others and often forget their own needs in the process. Everyone needs support and encouragement, especially the people who are always taking care of others!

Sharp

May 5, 2009
I'm not sure a have a heart for any particular demographic. How should I go about getting one? The people who I would most like to see saved are my own friends, and family if they're not saved.

K

Kat50LovesJesus

KelseyBear!!! Oh dear...Thank you!!! "Quilting My Way To Heaven"...See there What The Lord Has Done...I'm so excited I don't know what to do. And this is a miracle too...Before my old machine broke..I started writing words with it on fabric and I can write these words on a quilt!!! I know how now...Kelsey, Thank you for sharing that...

C

charisenexcelcis

I'm not sure a have a heart for any particular demographic. How should I go about getting one? The people who I would most like to see saved are my own friends, and family if they're not saved.
"Love your neighbor" is the call on each one of us. If we do that, we do enough. I am confident that in due time God will put a missionary call upon your heart for a specific people. In the meantime, don't be too concerned. Just follow the call to whomever He puts into your path.

F

foreverJaM

Those people young and old, believers and non-believers who gave up on God, without knowing who he is.
I have a passion for Gods word. And think that if people would just read his word, they would trully fall in LOVE with him. They would know how awesome he is and how determined he is to Love us.His word is awesome.

A

Angel997

I have a special place in my heart for adolescent girls who come from poor/abusive/ broken homes and as a result have lost a sense of pride and self-worth/esteem. Consequently, their ability to focus and perform to their full potential in school work is affected and often times they get involve in unhealthy relationships, which may result in teen pregnancy. These girls are usually drawn to me and are sometimes my own relatives or children from the community. I try to extend a helping hand, a listening hear and a loving heart, offer words of encouragement and advice, help them with assignments, take them out on beach trips, but most importantly remind them that God loves them and take them to church, so that they can hear and learn more about the word of God, with the hope that they will be strengthened in him.

thats sorta the same for me... i wanna help kids from broken homes, who have been abused and lost hope, i wanna help the ones who feel like they don't deserve hope.... thats what i wanna do