Who has the utmost authority?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
As the Body of Christ, we should be in agreement against the enemy and attacks such as this virus. Last Wednesday my online Pastor led the congregation in a prayer of agreement quoting Scriptures like 'Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. ' There is so much power in prayers of agreement There are a multitude of great Sriptures on victory, authority, protetion, etc.
If you'd like to share any such Scriptures, please do. I have so many I also will be posting.
We should be increasing our Faith not our fear.

Matthew 18:18-20 - Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Verse page" data-hasqtip="68" aria-describedby="qtip-68" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(57, 84, 127); text-decoration: none; transition: color 0.2s ease-in-out 0s; font-size: 15px; font-weight: 700;">Hebrews 10:24-25

Heb 10:24-25 '...and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.'

know1

Aug 27, 2012
As the Body of Christ, we should be in agreement against the enemy and attacks such as this virus. Last Wednesday my online Pastor led the congregation in a prayer of agreement quoting Scriptures like 'Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. ' There is so much power in prayers of agreement There are a multitude of great Sriptures on victory, authority, protetion, etc.
If you'd like to share any such Scriptures, please do. I have so many I also will be posting.

Matthew 18:18-20 - Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Verse page" data-hasqtip="68" aria-describedby="qtip-68" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(57, 84, 127); text-decoration: none; transition: color 0.2s ease-in-out 0s; font-size: 15px; font-weight: 700;">Hebrews 10:24-25

Heb 10:24-25 '...and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.'
Apparently you are one of the ignorant or misinformed.
Don't you know, and haven't you heard, sicknesses and diseases are a blessing of and from God, to many here on CC?
And to believe God will actually protect the believers, is for one to live in a pipe dream.
Or so I have been told, and much more, when I presented God's promises of good health and healing.
Many so-called believers believe experiences OVER the word of God.
And to answer your call for scripture.

Psa 91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Psa 91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psa 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Psa 91:8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Psa 91:9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
Psa 91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
1Jo 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 4:4 - Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Apparently you are one of the ignorant or misinformed.
Don't you know, and haven't you heard, sicknesses and diseases are a blessing of and from God, to many here on CC?
And to believe God will actually protect the believers, is for one to live in a pipe dream.
Or so I have been told, and much more, when I presented God's promises of good health and healing.
Many so-called believers believe experiences OVER the word of God.
And to answer your call for scripture.

Psa 91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Psa 91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psa 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Psa 91:8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Psa 91:9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
Psa 91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

So is it to those that die are the reward for being wicked?

Feb 29, 2020
Philippians 2:
[25] Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labor, and fellow soldier...[27] For indeed he was sick...but God had mercy on him...[30] Because for the work of Christ he was near unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

Regarding the eating of the Lord's supper, 1 Corinthians 11:
[28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eats and drinks unworthily, eats and drinks damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. [30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

James 5:
[14] Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: [15] And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It stands to holy reason all are praying for everyone.

Mar 28, 2016

As always a person must mix faith the unseen eternal understanding in order to hear God. The understanding is two fold the poison of serpents and scorpions represent false prophecy coming from a brood of vipers false apostles. we do have the prilegde to pray as a living hope. but the work is never atibuted to thehands of men as if we walked after the the temporal seen . When the pagan in Acts saw waht paul performed as a shdow of the unsen work of the gospel they made the apostle into gods in the likeness of men blasphemy .

There is power in prayer which is referred as laying on hands a form of prayer like bowing or kneeling (God is not served by human hands) But he is of one mind and always does whatsoever his soul pleases.

Note . . (parentheses) my added comment.

And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked:The same heard Paul speak: (the word of God) who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. (the fulfilled commandment let there be. . and he walked by faith) And he leaped and walked. (by faith) And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.Acts 14: 7-12

Mar 28, 2016
Philippians 2:
[25] Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labor, and fellow soldier...[27] For indeed he was sick...but God had mercy on him...[30] Because for the work of Christ he was near unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

Regarding the eating of the Lord's supper, 1 Corinthians 11:
[28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eats and drinks unworthily, eats and drinks damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. [30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

James 5:
[14] Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: [15] And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
In regard to James 5 Ultimately its the lord who raises anyone up. The idea if he has committed sin comes with the promise. Satan would try and make it all one thing to those who do not rightly divide. Just send $$$$.

Your pocket change will do. LOL

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Phil 4:6-7 ' Don't be anxious about anything, but in every siuation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, give thanks to God

7)and the peace of God, which trancsends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus'.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

Ephesians 6:11
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Lk 10:19 '

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Agree, in Jesus' Name, Amen (repeating Scriptures is ok:))

Apr 15, 2017

I am not worried about getting the coronavirus, but the people affected by it, and what this will bring about.

Possible coronavirus scenario.

Worldwide pandemic causing the world to rally together to stop the coronavirus which means they are working together for peace on earth, and the prosperity for people.

After WW1, set up League of Nations.

After WW2, set up United Nations, New York, United Religions, San Francisco.

Iraq crisis, Desert Storm, George Bush, the senior, talked about a new world order in which the world works for peace in the world, first test of the new world order how the world will react to Saddam Hussein hoping the world would rally together against him which means they are cooperating for peace.

Donald Trump,

And we have laid out a pathway toward peace and security in our world, where sovereign nations can thrive, flourish and prosper side by side. This is our beautiful vision for the future. This is a future where this vision, this dream, is only possible if America is strong, proud and free. As long as we are true to ourselves, faithful to our founding and loyal to our citizens, then there is no task too great, no dream too large, no goal beyond our reach.

Trump wants the nations to step it up and work for peace in the world so America does not have to do it alone.

Wants the United Nations to take a more active role in the world.

Pushes for peace in the world, and peace in the Middle East more than any other president although they still were pushing for peace.

President Trump got a hold of North Korea offering help to them, and President Putin offered to send troops to Italy to help them.

America and Russia will start working for peace in the world and helping the world, and Republicans and Democrats will start working together for peace in their country bringing the people together.

America will say Russia has some good points, and Russia will say America has some good points, the same as Republican and Democrat which develops in to a new system where they take the best traits of both and have one system that brings all people together for those on either side will also come together and work together.

America in Arab nations to try to change them to collaborate for peace, and to keep them separated so they cannot come together as a big power because Europe is cooperating more that could develop in to a big power, and the Arabs want a defense against that.

The Pope favoring Islam hoping they will work together with the world.

Many nations are with America for her peace plan for the world for then the world will prosper like how the American system works.

But the Arab nations are the stubborn ones, and view America as wanting power and control, and butt in to nations affairs, and want to impose her ways on the world.

If the vaccine comes from America they will help the world with the vaccine curing the people, and getting the virus under control, and dealt with in the world.

And with America cooperating with Russia, and helping North Korea with any problems she may have because of the virus, and even food, and water, and clothing, and whatever the nation needs help with would mean they would help anybody with their problems even the Arabs.

The Arab nations will start viewing America different that they really are not the bad guy, but the good guy, and they really do care about the welfare of the world, and the prosperity of all people, and the Arab nations will start cooperating with America for their peace agenda for the world.

This will affect the Palestinians who will side with her Arab brothers and look at America as the good guy, and be more willing to work out a peace treaty with the Jews, for they favor America, and trust her, and do not believe the treaty will favor the Jews for America is a fair nation that cares about all people.

America will urge the Jews to work out a peace treaty and a peace treaty happens.

The nations will then be working together for peace in the world, and the peace treaty between the Jews and Palestinians is in affect.

But we know where it would go from there.

Whoever is the one that negotiates that peace treaty between the Jews and Palestinians will be the New Age Christ, and he will push the agenda of the new age movement in the world, which they trust him as a man of peace, and the new age movement will become popular in time until the nations leaders are with it as religion and the truth, and the time that the world will not accept the Bible in the truth, but want to hear it according to the new age movement.

But the Arab nations will not go along with it, and once again they are at odds with the world.

But this time they will deal with them with physical force and put them down.

The new age movement is of the occult, and the occult is the most dangerous, cruelest, and self exalting belief system ever in the history of mankind.

This coronavirus could set off the events that cause the world to come together, causes the Arabs to start working with the world for peace instead of being stubborn, and causes the peace treaty between the Jews and the Palestinians.

At first it will be great in the world as it is patterned after America but then it will go bad for the New Age Christ will promote his agenda working as a man of peace, and deceive the world.

The new age movement the beginning of the end for the wicked.

But the question is are they exaggerating the coronavirus to make it appear worse than what it is, and a worldwide pandemic so that it appears to be highly terrible so that the world will have to take action to fight it which means they are working together for peace, and caring about other nations.

Does anyone know anyone personally that has the coronavirus.

We should get many people together and contact people on the internet in different parts of America by chat rooms, and ask if they know anybody that has the coronavirus.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I like my online Pastor who spoke a prophesy from an elder that said 'this too will pass, as fast as it came, it will be gone'. I've been through probably 6 'pandemics and was just listening to a fave Preacher who during the 60's when the Hong Kong flu was going on. He was asked 'aren't you afraid of getting it' and where in the Bible does it say we are to catch things. Instead we, as the Body of Christ, need to take harge with the authority Jesus left us

.Rom 8:19 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
For me its not what many believe but what the word of God says. OT alone "There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling." Isa 53:5. Lets keep going

"If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”

"And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee."

Some things said in this thread there is no bible verse for. Jesus said WHO SO EVER.. and.. shall cast out demons.. and shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. Peter and John at that gate no sliver no gold but what they had gave to the man in JESUS name. Then told the people that were looking at them as if they had some power. Told them "why look at us as if we did this under our own power? Its FAITH in that name" <---thats what we have. Peter and John didn't have to pray, ask God or Christ to do anything. It was in them it was the authority Christ gave ALL WHO SO EVER.

Greater things shall you do. Some don't believe it was for all. Some look around and then reason it all out. So just like Peter on the water.. they don't keep there eyes on Jesus. Doubt.. God made it clear. If you doubt.. let not that man think he will get anything from God. God is not a man. He does not think like us.. act like us. He is just. He spoke.. and everything He spoke. HAS TO COME TRUE! Has to happen. Christ already died and rose PRAISE GOD glory to Jesus.

We live in a fallen world. And some look at what happens around them and then they apply what they see hear feel to God. So.. what would happen if we just read His word and believed that HE can't lie. You don't know me. I know 7 family from the top of my head that died from some sickness. God had nothing what so ever to do with that. If it helps.. my baby 4...short is... ambulance, door opens "hes not reponding to anything" yeah.. they came got him and didn't leave. Right after he said that.. I turned.. said "I will never blame you" door opens "HES RESPONDING". Hellicopter comes takes him. I get there and hear this baby screaming "DADDY".. he was perfectly fine.

I had to be mom and dad to my kids. They are my world. Yet.. I KNOW my Father. I will not be moved by what I see hear or feel. Nor what any GROUP says or does. I follow HIS word. And every time I have.. He has NEVER once failed. He has always kept His word. I started tiny... when fear came.. I would stand on .. NO..God has not given me the spirit of fear. At 1st. nothing happened.. I never stopped believing.

If you KNEW God can not lie.. knew it. Don't just say it.. do you KNOW IT? Do you KNOW Jesus is real? You KNOW He is with you every morning? Noon? Night? Oh then the sweet sweet holy Spirit. And this is every moment. Do we talk to Him? And we KNOW we BELIEVE? :) Praise GOD for His mercy His grace.. His great compassion. So many times like He did with Peter He does with all of us. We look at thing around us we start to sink.. He ALWAYS reaches down and saves us.. asking "where did you doubt?" :) yeah.. He never leaves. Don't look at things around you.. DON'T you keep eyes on HIM! And what He said.. KNOW He can't lie! Ask Him to help when you doubt.. ALWAYS talk to Him. PRAY about EVERYTHING! He LOVES to part of EVERY moment of your life! Oh He talks more then ALL the people you know did you know that? talk.. wait on Him.. oh you are SO LOVED!

Sorry.... didn't mean to share so much. Some is very very very personal. Didn't mean to offend. Forgive if I did!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Your post is perfectly fine. I just came here to post Isa 54:17 'No weapon formed against you shall prosper', when I saw your post, lol. I'm going to continue posting Scriptures on what God says about our rights & authority on earth. I just started watching Jesse Duplantis' sermon on the virus. He is refusing to close down his Church. He said Wall Street is still open for business, lol. This is about the 6th 'pandemic' I've been through. God bless you and yours.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Your post is perfectly fine. I just came here to post Isa 54:17 'No weapon formed against you shall prosper', when I saw your post, lol. I'm going to continue posting Scriptures on what God says about our rights & authority on earth. I just started watching Jesse Duplantis' sermon on the virus. He is refusing to close down his Church. He said Wall Street is still open for business, lol. This is about the 6th 'pandemic' I've been through. God bless you and yours.
Hi Tabs,
Did you watch the episode on Sid Roth called corona virus and the end times. It goes for an hour long
.Cant post link as on my phone. It was interesting, certainly different lol.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi Tabs,
Did you watch the episode on Sid Roth called corona virus and the end times. It goes for an hour long
.Cant post link as on my phone. It was interesting, certainly different lol.
I'll check it out I like Sid Roth. I will listen to preachers sharing God's truth rather than the news. 'We are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus'! Thx Rubs:)!

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I'll check it out I like Sid Roth. I will listen to preachers sharing God's truth rather than the news. 'We are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus'! Thx Rubs:)!
No worries mate😁 Will you please let me know what you think whenever you have watched it. Just interested.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
No worries mate😁 Will you please let me know what you think whenever you have watched it. Just interested.
Ok, btw I used to go by the name Ruby and one of my best friends still calls me that:cool:

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Romans 8:37
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Romans 8:31
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?