Who is Babylon in Revelation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Do you need someone to tell you not to murder ?

Or is it not in you to kill people because you know it’s wrong already ? And your heart and conscience wouldn’t allow it ?

The lord speaks inside of us now through our conscience he’s within us rather than external
You know,I've tried to tell people your not supposed to kill and torment other people ,on this board as well as others but I've never gotten that message through.
They keep saying the two witnesses are supposed to do those things.

Do you understand the two witnesses are doing what they have been commanded not and not doing what they have been commanded to do.

No one gets that

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
The Tower of Babel continued even after the confusion, flesh is flesh, Spirit of God is Spirit of God, All flesh nature dies to this day ever since Adam the First. Be dead to first birth between God Father and you in Son Jesus for you and be pulled out of Babylon, this world you see physically. Only by being willing between God Father and you can this be done for you through Son in you, that is risen for you to live new in God's Spirit and Truth
John 4:23-224

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
No,the catholics don't attack Israel.

The Muslims do.
They attack after a three year drought caused by the two witnesses.
As I posted before,it is the Medes(Iran)that attacks Babylon.The Catholic church headed by the Pope will pray for peace as it usually does.
The Muslims want blood.

Iran,Iraq,Syria,Turkey will all be involved.All four being bound in the Euphrates.

Revelation 16
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
You may want to read my post again. I said, I believe the pope along with RCC leaders WILL INFLUENCE the coalition of nations to battle against Israel.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
You may want to read my post again. I said, I believe the pope along with RCC leaders WILL INFLUENCE the coalition of nations to battle against Israel.
The Pope has nothing to do with Iran and the other Muslims nations attack on Israel.Iran is just doing what it believes it is instructed to do in the Hadith.If anyone has influenced the Muslims to go to war with Israel,it is Mohammed and his followers.

The Pope and catholics have nothing to do with armegeddon.This is Islam.

The Hadith: 'You will fight against the Jews and you will gain victory over them. The stones will saying: 'Oh slave of Allah! there is a Jew hiding behind me; so kill him'

I just don't understand why everyone wants to point their finger at the Pope when the Quran and Hadith is commanding Muslims to go to armegeddon.

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
I tried chat GPT for fun and asked it if the new world order could be Babylon, it gave me this a somewhat accurate picture of that is going at this time...note that after point 5 it crashed...lol

Certainly, the concept of a New World Government could fit certain interpretations of Babylon in the last days. Here's how it aligns with some aspects of the biblical depiction:
  1. Global Authority: Just as Babylon in the Bible exerted influence over many nations, a New World Government would have authority on a global scale, potentially consolidating political power in a way that challenges national sovereignty.
  2. Spiritual Apostasy: Babylon is often associated with spiritual apostasy and rebellion against God. In the context of a New World Government, this could manifest as secularism or the promotion of ideologies that are contrary to religious beliefs, potentially leading to persecution of those who adhere to faith-based principles.
  3. Materialism and Wealth: Babylon is described as a city of wealth and luxury. In a globalized world under a single government, there could be a concentration of wealth and resources, with certain regions or individuals enjoying extravagant lifestyles while others experience poverty and deprivation.
  4. Oppression and Control: Babylon is depicted as oppressive, particularly towards the righteous. A New World Government, if corrupted or authoritarian, could suppress dissent and infringe upon individual freedoms, leading to persecution of those who resist its authority or adhere to alternative beliefs.
  5. Cultural Homogenization: Babylon's influence extended to cultural assimilation and homogenization. Similarly, a New World Government might promote a standardized set of values, cultural norms, and ideologies, potentially eroding diversity and individual identity.

scary

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
The Pope has nothing to do with Iran and the other Muslims nations attack on Israel.Iran is just doing what it believes it is instructed to do in the Hadith.If anyone has influenced the Muslims to go to war with Israel,it is Mohammed and his followers.

The Pope and catholics have nothing to do with armegeddon.This is Islam.

The Hadith: 'You will fight against the Jews and you will gain victory over them. The stones will saying: 'Oh slave of Allah! there is a Jew hiding behind me; so kill him'

I just don't understand why everyone wants to point their finger at the Pope when the Quran and Hadith is commanding Muslims to go to armegeddon.
My point was relative to "Who is Babylon?"
No doubt those attacking Israel in the Battle of Armageddon will include Muslim nations; however, many other nations will take part as well.

Zech 12:9-11
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon."

Zech 14:1-3
"Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle."

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
The most common answer given is Rome, some have said America, some have said Jerusalem, some even Mecca. What do you believe it is and why?

I am leaning towards Rome as well, just because the purple and scarlet matches perfectly, the cup of abominations, it all fits Romanism so well, but there are some issues with a futuristic interpretation that I have run across, which is verses like these:

"And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men."

The papists of today are not selling slaves or horses or fine flour, neither is any city or country on the earth selling slaves, as in the ancient world.
But even the preterist view has its problems, if you say this mystery babylon has already been destroyed, why hasnt Jesus returned as it is supposed to happen at His return?

What do you personally believe? All are invited to chime in, whether you think this is future, present or past.
I think it might be the new world order that is shaping up in Europe but where? maybe Rome but I am not certain, far from it.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
No doubt those attacking Israel in the Battle of Armageddon will include Muslim nations; however, many other nations will take part as well.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon."

"Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle."

The nations that come against Jerusalem are predominantly Muslim nations in the promised land .The countries from Iran to Egypt.Europe,Russia,China does not take part in the war of armegeddon.The United states who will have armed forces in Israel at the time the Muslims conquer Israrl will then nuke the entire middle east.
Rome and Catholics have nothing to do with this war.United states does .

The remnant of Israel (in Christ)who are persecuted before the war will be given the promised land for an everlasting possession after Christ comes.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

Here is the Lord fighting against the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zech 14
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Here is the Lord fighting against the nations that come against Jerusalem.(Aka Babylon)

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The papists of today are not selling slaves or horses or fine flour, neither is any city or country on the earth selling slaves, as in the ancient world.
Are you sure about that? I suggest you do some more research.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:9‬ ‭

“but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:7, 10-13‬ ‭

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
“And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:9‬ ‭
That takes place 1000 years after Babylon is destroyed.The beast which Babylon worships and the false prophet who decieved them into taking the mark of the beast are already in the lake of fire 1000 years before revelation 20;9.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Here is the Lord fighting against the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zech 14
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Here is the Lord fighting against the nations that come against Jerusalem.(Aka Babylon)

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
You may want to read entire posts before responding.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
I did.
You said the Pope and catholics have something to do with the Muslims attacking Israel

The Pope and catholics have absolutely nothing to do with Muslims attacking Israel.

There are two separate wars in revelation pertaining to Israel being attacked.The first war takes place before the millinial reign in which the Muslims conquer Israel.This is the Israel which is called a prostitute and answers by the name Babylon.This is the descendents of Jacob who do not keep the commandments of God.They are destroyed before the millinium.

After they are destroyed,the kingdom is given to the descendents of Jacob who keep the commandments of God and they will reign with Christ.After 1000 years the nations outside of the promised land come against those saints and are destroyed.

Both these wars is what God said he would cause to the descendents of Jacob in Deuteronomy 28.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
And if it helps you understand better,the Israeli government and it's kingdom is the beast from the sea ,which the descendents of Jacob have followed after from.all nations,peoples and tongues.
They worship the beast .This is why Babylon is given the cup of God's wrath.

Revelation 16:19
The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

Revelation 14:9-10
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation
; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

This is between God and the descendents of Israel,and anyone else who wants to include themselves.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
The most common answer given is Rome, some have said America, some have said Jerusalem, some even Mecca. What do you believe it is and why?

I am leaning towards Rome as well, just because the purple and scarlet matches perfectly, the cup of abominations, it all fits Romanism so well, but there are some issues with a futuristic interpretation that I have run across, which is verses like these:

"And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men."

But even the preterist view has its problems, if you say this mystery babylon has already been destroyed, why hasnt Jesus returned as it is supposed to happen at His return?

What do you personally believe? All are invited to chime in, whether you think this is future, present or past.
Daniel chapter 7 tells us of 4 kingdoms that shall arise one after the other, and they were diverse from each other which are the 4 ways of people, and even though each kingdom operated by the 4 ways there was 1 of those ways that was their chief mode of operation.

1. Babylon, which represents human religion, and the occult.

She had eagle's wings for king Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged the God of Israel as the greatest God of the gods, and his kingdom flourished.

His son took the throne, and took the vessels out of the temple of the LORD and drank out of them praising false gods, although he knew what his father believed.

The eagle's wings were plucked, and Babylon became known as the kingdom of man.

2. Medo-Persia(Iran) which represents physical cruelty in war which it is why it says arise devour much flesh.

3.Greece which represents human wisdom.

4. The Roman Empire, which 10 horns come from them which is in the future the world divided in to 10 sections with a leader in each section.

The little horn, antichrist, comes from the 10 horns, which they come from the Roman Empire.

The 10 horns shall devour the whole earth, tread it down, and break it in pieces, which they will do that by way of the new age movement that interprets the Bible according to the occult and evolution, and people are evolving to be spiritual, and a god, and Jesus evolved to be an ascended master, and there is no personal God, and the New Age Christ is the final teacher.

The 10 horns hand their power over to the New Age Christ and that is how he gets control of the world.

When the New Age Christ starts working in the world he will push the agenda of the new age movement which he will think to change times, and laws.

The believe aliens are going to help mankind to have peace, and advance, which they talk about the return of the gods.

The United Nations supports new age organizations, and is with them as well as Science.

Which Science says humans are not from the earth, and the world needs to prepare for an alien encounter.

Science is going to align everything to the new age movement beliefs, and reality.

That is why they are saying we were wrong about this, and wrong about that, and with new discoveries we are getting a new perspective on reality.

They will say the Bible is true but they will present it according to the new age movement using the new discoveries as support of that and saying that people had the wrong interpretation of the Bible.

Which they said they found a lost chapter of the Bible, and will probably say they found other lost Bible writing to say it gives them a new perspective of the Bible.

The Bible says the new age movement will come out at the latter times, and the time will come when the world will not accept the truth of the Bible, but want to hear the Bible according to their own lusts, the new age movement.

When the New Age Christ pushes the agenda of the new age movement it will be the time the people will want to hear the Bible according to the new age movement which Science set them up beforehand saying the Bible is true but promoting the new age movement interpretation of the Bible.

The Bible says that the first 3 kingdoms will never have physical dominion again, but their lives were prolonged for a time, and a season, which means that their ways are still on earth.

So Babylon in Revelation is not in physical dominion, but in spirit, which she represents human religion, the occult, and the kingdom of man, which is what the beast kingdom is about.

The Roman Empire does not lose their dominion until Jesus puts down the world, and then all 4 kingdoms ways cease.

All 4 kingdoms ways are still on earth and they all show up at the beast kingdom which is the kingdom of man in its entirety.

It is the chief mode of operation of the Roman Empire the 10 horns the physical dominion of the beast kingdom that covers the whole earth.

With the ways of a lion the chief mode of operation of Babylon.

With the ways of a bear the chief mode of operation of Medo-Persia.

With the ways of a leopard the chief mode of operation of Greece.

All 4 kingdoms chief mode of operation with no minor mode of operation the kingdom of man in its entirety a kingdom that has never been on earth before.

The Roman Empire does not lose her dominion until Jesus puts down the world down which they will be more influenced than years ago because all Caucasian led nations, and nations taken over by Caucasians will all be together as one in this new age movement plan.

So it does not have to be necessarily Rome that is the major influence of the Babylon spirit at the beast kingdom.

America is the major influence of the Babylonian spirit at the beast kingdom.

1. Babylon represents anything goes multiculturism, and the belief in many gods, and religions, which America represents that the best out of those nations which they allow all ethnic groups, and religions to be in their nation.

2. She lived deliciously, and in pleasure, and did trade with the world which we know there is no nation that prospers as much as America, and enjoys fleshy pleasures, and worldly entertainment.

And America does trade with the world which the World Trade Center is in New York, as well as the United Nations headquarters, and they has a one world religious system in San Francisco.

3. America is the key to the nations coming together for a one world government.

Also America is the key to the new age movement's belief of the next evolutionary step of human which is the 5th root race, 6th sub-race, and America is the germ of the next evolutionary step of humans.

Which America allows Satanism, and the new age movement that will deceive the world to be practiced in the nation which the new age movement follows Lucifer believing he is a god, and an alien, and not a fallen angel.

Since the Roman Empire does not lose their dominion until Jesus puts down the world then the Pope, and Vatican, will go along with the world as they change to the new age movement format of the Bible.

It is obvious when the Roman Empire embraced Christianity they did not get rid of their pagan, and occult ways, and it became their foundation for the interpreting of scriptures.

So they can sway along with the world as they change which is what happens with the Pope, and Vatican, as they embrace the new age movement interpretation of the Bible.

Which Pope Francis elected 72% of the Cardinals so they would be in the majority position to elect the new Pope who will side with the new age movement, and the New Age Christ.

Which the Pope will become the head of a unified religious system with all religions interpreted by the new age movement, and the Vatican the headquarters, who is mystery Babylon for she represents all the false religions of the world, and the occultism of the new age movement that interprets all religions according to the occult.

Which Pope Francis signed a one world religion agreement along with Islamic Grand Imam leader of Egypt's Al-Azhar.

The long waited “One World Religion Agreement” has come to its fulfillment after the two giant religious leaders in the world signed the “Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together.”

Roman Catholic leader Pope Francis and Islamic Grand Imam Leader of Egypt Al-Azhar who occupies the highest seat of learning in Sunni Islam came to an agreement and signed the treaty entitled "Document on human fraternity for world peace and living together".

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022

You fools. It’s referring to Babylon 2.0 but there was no way to write that in the ancient scripts.
Babylon 2.0 will actually be on mars founded in the year 2144. By the grandchildren of Elon musk.

This is so obvious!

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
So how are the people which will be in Jerusalem ransacking the houses and raping the women of Jerusalem on the day of the Lord going to be in Rome ransacking the houses and raping the women on the same day?

Answer the question in #8.
How many people were executed during the glorious Inquisitions?

Studies of the records have found that the overwhelming majority of sentences consisted of penances, but convictions of unrepentant heresy were handed over to the secular courts, which generally resulted in execution or life imprisonment.[2][3][4] (wiki)

Inquisitions were not held in every country in Europe.

They judged heresy along with bishops and groups of "assessors" (clergy serving in a role that was roughly analogous to a jury or legal advisers), using the local authorities to establish a tribunal and to prosecute heretics. (wiki)

Every person had to go through a trial before they could be found guilty. This process greatly
reduced the number of people that could be found guilty. Even then a death sentence was
not a common punishment.

The Inquisition was concerned mainly with the heretical behavior of Catholic adherents or converts.

Where Protestant authors propose the estimate of millions of people executed, is grossly wrong.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
How many people were executed during the glorious Inquisitions?

Studies of the records have found that the overwhelming majority of sentences consisted of penances, but convictions of unrepentant heresy were handed over to the secular courts, which generally resulted in execution or life imprisonment.[2][3][4] (wiki)

Inquisitions were not held in every country in Europe.

They judged heresy along with bishops and groups of "assessors" (clergy serving in a role that was roughly analogous to a jury or legal advisers), using the local authorities to establish a tribunal and to prosecute heretics. (wiki)

Every person had to go through a trial before they could be found guilty. This process greatly
reduced the number of people that could be found guilty. Even then a death sentence was
not a common punishment.

The Inquisition was concerned mainly with the heretical behavior of Catholic adherents or converts.

Where Protestant authors propose the estimate of millions of people executed, is grossly wrong.

In other words,you don't know the answer.