Who is Christ for you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

persistent

So I am asking Jesus to help her, just as he did to me. When I am depressed, let me feel calm.
How long ago was that when you had depression? She is in wheelchair all her life and maybe depression comes and goes.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
No revenge. LOL. Read the newspapers once in a while, eh? Educate yourself.
They murder people for drawing a caricature of their Satan-inspired Mo.
There has been a fatwa on Salman Rushdie since the late 80s!
Fatwa = ordering Muslims to kill Rushdie. Why? Revenge.
And an attack was made on him quite recently, also.
Why don't you understand? I said it was human problem, not a book problem.

If I write a book about you can't kill innocent people, will you understand that you can kill people who are not innocent.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
This pretty much encapsulates who Jesus is for me.

Who is Jesus for me? Henri Nouwen, the noted spiritual writer, highlights “Jesus has to be and to become the center of my life. It is not enough that Jesus is my teacher, my guide, my source of inspiration. It is not even enough that he is my companion on the journey, my friend and my brother. Jesus must be the heart of my heart, the fire of my life, the lover of my soul, the bridegroom of my spirit. He must become my only thought, my only concern, my only desire.” To develop such an intimate relationship with Him requires a commitment, prioritizing our time so that we come to truly know Him. Life is full of distractions which demand our attention. Can we create time every day to sit with Christ and only with Him, dwelling in His love and being filled with His peace and joy. May we discover Him as the lover of my soul, the fire of my life, the heart of my heart!
Jesus is The LORD who is saving me from the Lake of Fire.. Who will transform me into a far better being on the day of the resurrection..

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Is that when the big earthquake hit? And was that something that affected you?
In China, there is a thing called cultivating immortals, it means don't need to eat for a long time, can predict some things.

Although I didn't think I was doing this at that time,I was learning something about the Book of Changes, gossip and fortune telling.
The result of my fortune telling is that when I see the Chinese dragon in the sky, I can see the Lord better.(The original Chinese version is,见龙在天,利见大人.)

During that time, I read the Koran, the Vajra Sutra and Taoist scriptures,
I also read the Bible online, and I felt guilty.
When I heard a song of LinkinPark, what I've done, my repentance was magnified infinitely,at same time, there were winds from all directions around me, which made my feelings calm quickly(,I was in the room. There should be no wind blowing).

Then I felt something in my stomach was digested by me. I thought it was the roundworm in my stomach that died.

I remember I didn't eat or sleep for seven days,I didn't feel hungry or tired.
Then my mother thought I was strange,

Until around 6:00 a.m. on the seventh or eighth day,I don't fully remember the day,I heard a song around me. It was an English song, a song by Avril:"hey,hey,you,you,I can be your girlfriend,no way,no way,thinking in a new way." To put it simply, no one was playing songs at that time, and songs come out of nowhere.

Because I had never seen such a situation, I wanted to confirm whether I had hallucinations, so I went to wake up my mother and my aunt,I want to confirm whether I have hallucinations through them.
So I thought someone was playing songs in the yard early in the morning,I want them to go outside with me to see if anyone plays songs in the morning.

A more strange thing happened to me. They threw the room keys to each other and repeat it,It makes me feeling silly.When we finally go outside, I suddenly had a strange feeling that I should gather five people to get out of the gate of the community. Otherwise, bad things will happen during the 2008 Olympic Games, which is still 2007.(Five people means the five rings representing the Olympic)

First of all, the door of the community has not been opened.The doorman is still sleeping,Because I wanted to avoid that bad feeling, I knelt down and begged the guard to get up and open the door.

So my mother, my aunt and the guard thought I was insane.Called an ambulance and sent me to the mental hospital.Before the ambulance arrived, I was still trying to gather five people.When the ambulance came, many people came and forced me to the mental hospital,Many things happened during this period,Five or six or even seven or eight people can't move me.When they finally pulled me outside the community,I saw a lot of ancient soldiers lined up on the road,The cars on the road passed through them and there was no traffic accident.I don't know if they saw them, but I only remember that when two staff members grabbed me, their countenances changed bad as they saw something horrible.I looked up and saw that there were clouds moving towards a point on my head and gathering into a cloud point. It was very strange, so I shouted to them to look into the sky,But they just looked at me, not up in the sky. I spent 15 days in a mental hospital.
Is that when the big earthquake hit? And was that something that affected you?
Then the terrible earthquake 2008.5.12 happened before the Olympic Games 2008.8.8

https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/the-second-coming-of-jesus.193968/

I don't know why I had such a magical and terrible experience. At that time, I couldn't even blame others or the miracle. I was speechless, because I might be a little strange to others.

The experience in the mental hospital made me feel depressed. Later, I found the coming of Jesus, which made me feel better. An angel amused me. She or he learned the voice of an ambulance"ver wa, ver wa,ver wa".A voice like a child, unable to distinguish boys and girls.
It makes me want to laugh.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
By the way, have you seen any videos that say that Biden or someone's eyes have become the eyes of a snake, or the eyes of a lizard man? No doubt, that's true.
That's the snake's eyes. In the process of the things I described above, I did see my mother's eyes become the eyes of snakes. At that time, my feeling was, is it Satan? But I can't connect my mother with Satan. Looking back on what happened to me, the coming of Jesus seems that everything foreshadows the coming of an end. I feel that Satan is afraid of its end. Jesus said that love your enemy, maybe I say you should love your enemy. For example, Satan, I can feel that satan is afraid that I will hate him. I am not sure whether he is afraid of death. This is my feeling.

I knew someone would come out and contradict me.
I'm just saying my opinion. You don't have to agree with me. It's my own decision.

P

persistent

Although I didn't think I was doing this at that time,I was learning something about the Book of Changes, gossip and fortune telling.
The result of my fortune telling is that when I see the Chinese dragon in the sky, I can see the Lord better.(The original Chinese version is,见龙在天,利见大人.)
521 soberxp. I am glad you gave me that code. I have only come to accept very recently, 4 or 5 yrs now, a reality beyond the here and now. I personally realize now that the Bible records of metaphysical events are true and my experiences were of a true metaphysical phenomena. Now your experiences are much more involved than mine. And since you mention the fortune telling here is there any implications of this to be more deeply considered? As a child my mother was always interested in this and would take along on her pursuits but as I say I was totally dismissive of all metaphysical or 'supernatural' events so bear with me on this. I see you have many posts regarding this matter and I find this to be interesting and now am not dismissive of the metaphysical. I even now am aware of other writers, Franz Werfel for one, 'Song of Bernadette' and need also consider this relative to what you present. The reason I bring up Franz Werfels' work is his connection to Gustav Mahler. This is a complicated connection to Gustav Mahlers' work "The Song of the Earth' which is based on Chinese poets. Not significant in itself but the connection is how I see Franz Werfels' work. If you see any connection with your 'fortune telling' could that be significant? This may be confusing to both of us so lets stay open minded.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
:confused:In my opinion, the ancient Chinese fortune telling is a kind of statistical thing. It classifies the possible decisions made by most of the same people, as well as various aspects of personality and environmental influences, and then forms a way of looking at problems. Those who do not understand it may feel very magical. In fact, I just apply the experience of predecessors.I just think ancient Chinese fortune telling is just a suggestion, not a real prediction model, or the real situation in the future.I don't regard these as metaphysics.

But after that, I no longer care about fortune telling, because in my opinion, if there is a destiny, then I can only say that God knows what I think, and if he wants to do something, it is destined to become destiny,

I have thought about your question some times by myself. Maybe I have just read most religious books. This may be one of the reasons why God chose me, or it may be a part of the result. But about the results of fortune telling, Maybe fortune telling is sometimes accurate, or just as I said, God knows everything I/we think, and God just needs to follow his will to do everything if he willing.

P

persistent

:confused:In my opinion, the ancient Chinese fortune telling is a kind of statistical thing. It classifies the possible decisions made by most of the same people, as well as various aspects of personality and environmental influences, and then forms a way of looking at problems. Those who do not understand it may feel very magical. In fact, I just apply the experience of predecessors.I just think ancient Chinese fortune telling is just a suggestion, not a real prediction model, or the real situation in the future.I don't regard these as metaphysics.

But after that, I no longer care about fortune telling, because in my opinion, if there is a destiny, then I can only say that God knows what I think, and if he wants to do something, it is destined to become destiny,

I have thought about your question some times by myself. Maybe I have just read most religious books. This may be one of the reasons why God chose me, or it may be a part of the result. But about the results of fortune telling, Maybe fortune telling is sometimes accurate, or just as I said, God knows everything I/we think, and God just needs to follow his will to do everything if he willing.
How far from the East did the Magi come bearing gifts for the Christ child? Some say Persian Gulf region. What if any significance is to be understood of the gifts and any other possible influence they had. Why are they important enough to mention? If they were from Persian Gulf region what influences did they have from further East where the culture was more than likely quite advanced? India and China and possibly even Korea and Japan?

soberxp

May 3, 2018
How far from the East did the Magi come bearing gifts for the Christ child? Some say Persian Gulf region. What if any significance is to be understood of the gifts and any other possible influence they had. Why are they important enough to mention? If they were from Persian Gulf region what influences did they have from further East where the culture was more than likely quite advanced? India and China and possibly even Korea and Japan?
I also think that the three doctors are from Persia. I don't think that the three doctors may come from the East Asia, which is unrealistic. But it seems that Asia has its own system, which does not belong to faith or religion. We call it morality.《道德经》

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Why don't you understand? I said it was human problem, not a book problem.
You lied and said:

These things are done by human being, not instructed in that book.
Murder is repeatedly instructed in the Koran. That's a fact which you deny.

If I write a book about you can't kill innocent people, will you understand that you can kill people who are not innocent.
Who is innocent? There are none righteous. You lie over and over again in defence of your
precious Koran, which instructs violence and murder against others in over one hundred
verses, which I gave you a link to. Please educate yourself and stop trying to deceive people.

You defend book written by a serial rapist, an adulterer, a war mongering pedophile.

What is it you don't understand about that? Here you are on a Christian forum,
defending it over and over again, thread after thread, as if that book and that man
have anything of value by way of how to live life for any Christ loving follower of Jesus.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
You lied and said:

Murder is repeatedly instructed in the Koran. That's a fact which you deny.

Who is innocent? There are none righteous. You lie over and over again in defence of your
precious Koran, which instructs violence and murder against others in over one hundred
verses, which I gave you a link to. Please educate yourself and stop trying to deceive people.

You defend book written by a serial rapist, an adulterer, a war mongering pedophile.

What is it you don't understand about that? Here you are on a Christian forum,
defending it over and over again, thread after thread, as if that book and that man
have anything of value by way of how to live life for any Christ loving follower of Jesus.
Love your enemies, looks like he is your favorite one.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The truth in your lies,Challenge your Faith.what you build, lay to waste.
I build on the Rock of Ages. You defend a serial rapist and a book that repeatedly instructs murder, and then you lie about it.

L

Locoponydirtman

Who Jesus is for you, should be in line with who He actually is. If not there is a problem.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Regarding Allah..

The Koran says He has no Son and there is no begetting-- in direct contradiction to Christianity.

Allah also never came down in the flesh to deal with the problem of sin in mankind.

Like I said-- Allah maybe just a name for the one God.. but in the context of Islam it's not the God of the Old Testament or New.

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
This pretty much encapsulates who Jesus is for me.

Who is Jesus for me? Henri Nouwen, the noted spiritual writer, highlights “Jesus has to be and to become the center of my life. It is not enough that Jesus is my teacher, my guide, my source of inspiration. It is not even enough that he is my companion on the journey, my friend and my brother. Jesus must be the heart of my heart, the fire of my life, the lover of my soul, the bridegroom of my spirit. He must become my only thought, my only concern, my only desire.” To develop such an intimate relationship with Him requires a commitment, prioritizing our time so that we come to truly know Him. Life is full of distractions which demand our attention. Can we create time every day to sit with Christ and only with Him, dwelling in His love and being filled with His peace and joy. May we discover Him as the lover of my soul, the fire of my life, the heart of my heart!
Thanks for posting... it was quite beautiful.

I can's wait for the day, when their will be no more sin, no more distractions - just Jesus the Christ, my love. Face to face, in His loving bosom.

Knowing in full knowledge - that He carried me all the way.

Jul 3, 2019
Here
Jesus is someone I want to commune with and not just read about . Hopefully one day . Until then I just pray